Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. view inventory by warehouse location

Would love to be able to sort and see what's available in stock by warehouse location, instead of only by product SKU.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Notification Email for low stock

Currently the only way to get notifications for any low stock or no stock items is through Shipstation.

I would be nice to be able to set up an automation rule to send an email notifying users that something is low stock when it hits the threshold.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. inventory api

I would love to be able to determine product counts through the API.
    This allows me to do things like automatically order certain things as they run low on stock.

We have different manufacturers sending products to a single warehouse and it is very tedious to have a manual process around checking that the quantity that was received was the proper amount, and that we aren't running low on things like packing slips.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to add and remove inventory with a barcode scanner

Should add a feature where we could scan the barcodes of the items we get in for inventory and scan them again when shipping to remove it from inventory. This would increase inventory management effectiveness.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Push stock count from BigCommerce into ShipStation

Please make it possible to automatically sync inventory count from BigCommerce to ShipStation. This would keep inventory current instead of requiring us to manually increase the stock count when additional stock is purchased or a customer returns an item. As it stands, the only thing ShipStation does is reduce inventory from a stock amount that is manually put into ShipStation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Push stock count from BigCommerce into ShipStation

Please make it possible to adjust inventory from BigCommerce to ShipStation. This would keep inventory current instead of requiring us to manually increase the stock count when additional stock is purchased or a customer returns an item. As it stands, the only thing ShipStation does is reduce inventory from a stock amount that is manually put into ShipStation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add inventory tracking for packaging materials

We keep track of our product inventory elsewhere, but use ShipStation to ship our products and therefore would like ShipStation to keep inventory of the boxes we use to ship products. We use the preset packages and think it's only natural to know how many we have used and how many we have left so we dont over-order boxes or know which box sizes we use more so we can place orders for them!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Creation of Parent/Variant Product types

I created a PRODUCT Type SKU on shipstation for our JET Store.. as JET requires a PARENT/CHILD skus under the category where our products should be listed. However, one of your agents informed me that this option has not been supported/working yet. Is there any way to resolve this issue? thanks..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Incoming Stocks section on the Inventory Management module

This section will show a data or number of incoming units for each item. We believe, it will be a great help to manage inventory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Could you please show picture of product in product window?

It would be shown in the product standalone window under general. This will help in better identifying the product to users who are not familiar with the product. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allocate where I want the inventory to be deducted from because I have multiple locations within the same wharehouse

many warehouses have the same product in more than one location. The inventory allows for me to add them to ship station that way. However, we have "shipping shelves" that has open boxes where the workers can grab just one to ship, I need to be able to specify WHERE I want the product to come from out of in my inventory counts. Currently it is just set up to come from whatever is entered first

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bulk Apply Changes to Open Orders

When making changes to multiple products info, it would be great to be able to bulk reprocess all open orders that contain those products. It would be so tedious and inefficient to go back to each individual product and manually reprocess orders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Insufficient inventory on multi sku order then no inventory gets removed

Insufficient inventory on one sku for an order with multiple skus, the other skus inventory won't be removed from the order once processed.

Sounds broken! You give us the option to have a notification if we have no inventory when we are processing the labels, there is no need for this action to prevent us from shipping an order with no inventory shown.

If we have 1 sku out of the whole order that doesn't show inventory in the system, I will just over ride it if I know we have one in stock or somewhere I can use for…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Item assembly for inventory ( bill of matirial)

need BOM to manage parts and finished goods.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automatically apply different Harmonization Codes, based on destination country

My product (books) uses the same first 6 digits (4901.99) no matter the destination country, but each country has a variation of what comes after that, including nothing, 99, 00, and several other variations. Since we've had product rated as different sub-classifications in the past, and charged different customs costs as a result, we manually classify each outbound international shipment with a code specific to the destination country. It would be incredibly beneficial to be able to pre-program this to be automated for all new international shipments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. lot number mandatory for food sellers

lot number tracking for items become mandatory to all food companies.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!
    Would you mind elaborating on what lot numbers do for your business and items?
    Additional info on what you’re currently doing to get around the lack of this feature in ShipStation is also helpful.
    Please reply back here in the Feedback Forum, Thank you!

17. Allow multiple boxes to be set in shipping defaults of product

I have single products that ship in multiple boxes with each box being their own unique size and weight. With FedEx and UPS charging by dimensional weight of each box instead of shipment weight It would be very beneficial to be able to save this to the product detail. This will remove the human error factor in hoping my shipping team applies the correct package preset at the label creating process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

18. We need A Picture as Proof of Delivery

I ship most of my packages using the post office, and in the last 6 months there has been a significant increase in customers complaining that they never received their package and they said that they did receive a delivery confirmation email. I don't know if they are lying or not, but as most of my packages are shipped through Amazon, I get screwed every time this happens. Amazon always takes the customer's word, and they don't care about the delivery confirmation. I have suggested to the post office that they do what UPS has started doing - taking a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email notification when someone creates a return label

It would be nice to know if someone is returning an item. That way you can be on the lookout for it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow SKU aliases in Quickbooks Online Integration

It's great that you guys have implemented the SKU alias feature in product management. Given that some selling channels (e.g. Amazon) impose their own SKU configuration, those who use multiple sales channels often are unable to keep SKUs consistent across those channels.

As we prepare to integrate ShipStation with Quickbooks Online, it would be a HUGE value-add for us if there were an option in the integration to respect SKU aliases for orders exported to QBO. Without this, we will be creating orders in QBO using different SKUs for the same product on different orders depending on channel.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base