Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Purchase Orders!

Hi! It would be great if you could create a purchase order for your products and have a field for "on order" items. that way you could tell what was on hand, on order, allocated... and then therefore be able to identify if you do not have enough product either on hand or in production to fulfill your orders. I am looking for a whole other inventory integration just so we can do that, when I'm finding shipstation is overall closer to the type of inventory tracking I need minus the on order field.

Just a thought/dream!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Harmonization Code Sync Up

It would be incredibly helpful if ShipStation could import Harmonization codes from Shopify for international orders automatically. I was able to enter all the information manually, but it was time consuming, and could have easily been done automatically, given that the codes exist in Shopify, and ShipStation requires them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please allow the option to ignore blank fields in product imports

Here's what I want to be able to do as we are mapping our warehouse. I want to use a list of skus (that would be downloaded from my inventory management) and copy them on to an import for SS. I need only to update Name and Warehouse location and I do not want to corrupt any other data. After chatting with support I am told this is currently not possible.

Easy fix: Either allow us to delete comlumns we don't want to change or allow us to ignore blank fields and only overwrite fields that are filled out upon…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sort or filter inventory based on Jet status

Inventory items have a Jet section and in that section there are details about the status, such as "Available for purchase", "excluded", "Under Jet review", "Multipack inventory error", etc. This is very useful information to help ensure all of our inventory is on Jet, but there is no way to see this status except opening every product and looking under the Jet tab. There needs to be a way to view all products with a certain status, or at least a sortable column that shows the message. This would allow for better upkeep on inventory to ensure the most products…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Suggest having a field in ShipStation UI and Back end to save cost of products.

Right now there is a "defaultCost" field on the API that is not saving the data. I suggest having a field in ShipStation UI and Back end to save the cost of products. This is VERY useful for being able to pull the most accurate reports for COGS. We are working with a 3rd party for reporting from ship station, and the field is there for them to pull the data from, however nothing is being saved there so the field is not usable. Would be very useful to have this field turned on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ShipStation app in BigCommerce Product Sync!

The "Products" tab of the Ship Station app in Big Commerce should have an additional button option that allows users to sync product changes made within BC to populate into SS. The button would be right next to: "Import | Export | Update" (the "Update" is my suggestion). This would trigger the same "product import" that occurs when a user initially sets up the SS app in BigCommerce. It would offer a warning to the user that all product data would be synched with the product data found in BC, updating all SKUs in ShipStation. I am surprised that this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Inventory Support for Virtual Bundles

We have a few websites that sell products to wholesalers. For example we will sell a case of a single SKU. Each case has 12 units. It would be nice if SS could allow us to setup virtual bundles that deducted multiple units of a single SKU.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automated scheduled product import from current running eBay/Amazon listings via API

Would love to see Shipstation do scheduled imports of products from current listings on eBay/Amazon automatically via the APIs.

We list dozens of one-off products a day. Currently Shipstation only imports when something is sold, or via CSV. Creating products manually or via CSV is tedious and redundant. We would love to be able to enter warehouse storage locations for products shortly after listing, so pick lists actually work when we get orders.

We are currently using Sixbit purely for storage locations and pick lists, as it does offer the capability via the API's. We will close our Sixbit account…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Which warehouse stocks at a glance.....

Question in Products; Inventory: Can we add a column that shows category? I don't see it in Column list.It would be wonderful if it was.
    The usefulness is vast considering it will breakdown which warehouse has the inventory from a sales point of view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow the API method /orders/markasshipped to reduce inventory

Are you able to change the API call /orders/markasshipped to reduce inventory levels in Shipstation based on the items on the order? When an order is shipped, the item quantities on the order should be decremented since those items have been physically shipped from another system. The fact that this is not done may be a bug as this is a fairly common use case. You could even add a Boolean (true/false) parameter to the method call signalling if inventory should be deducted or not.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

11. Update/Remove tags from products

Product Import Updating - Tags

It is currently possible to ADD a tag to a product via CSV update, however, you cannot UPDATE or REMOVE tags from products via CSV update. The only way to remove a product tag currently is to do so manually, very inneffective when working with a large number of SKU's.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Delete Products (Not Only Deactivate Products)

I don't know if anybody else has this issue, but we have duplicates in our product list, which was incurred by wrongly associated them with one parent SKU while new orders coming in. So, would like to be able to delete products, not just deactivate them.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Receive" Returns

Add a Process to "Receive" Returns and Add Information About Returned Product Condition

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Track stock by store

It would be great if we can enable/disable stock tracking per store instead of per Shipstation account. We only have 1 store that we manage our products through SS. When we import the csv file, we have to enable track stock. Once import is done, we have to disable. Just would be nice to pick the feature per store.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tagging / Segmenting

We had a large amount of orders that we needed to ship out in a 48 hour period. The customers only had 3 products to choose from and they could order up to 3 items of any combination of those three. We want to batch print each combination so that we can streamline fulfillment and are having trouble doing so with tags or automation rules. There doesnt seem to be a straightforward way to do it and SS support hasn't been able to supply a good strategy. For example, an order that contained two of product A and one of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Inventory Modification

It would be nice to have the ability to modify the inventory stock levels through the API. It is nice having it in the front end, but if it cannot communicate with anything else, it is half-useful to us.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. image url

Having the option to add multiple image URLs for products in the product detail page.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include Preset Group column for Product Export CSV File

Applying preset groups (current and new) to products can only be performed inside the Shipstation interface. We feel it would be more time-saving if the export product CSV file contained a column attribute for Preset Group. This would do wonders for our product mapping at our organization. Yes, there is one for Category but why not one for Preset Group?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. product import

Product Updating Import

I notice when I need to import product updates I needed to import the whole file again with all the data. When you have a lot of products this is very time consuming. Because the import files need to be broke down into smaller files and imported one at a time to get the data imported.

Suggestion would be to have it so you can import just the headers needed. E.g. if you needed to import a tag you could create a file of just SKU and Tag1 in the header. When this file is imported it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Product - Allow Export or Import of Products and Aliases

Would be nice to have an import and export of products, with delete option as well.

For instance if we have 20 Aliases that link to One SKU and basically all 20 are the same SKU, let us import SKU A, and Alias skus 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc to all link to that one instead of doing it manually from the Product cumbersome page.

Also, all delete option in bulk for all Alias's and skus. Archive doesn't seem to work as long accounts (11 years) tend to re-use numbers and if one is archived it causes havoc.

Delete and purge option is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base