Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. price on picklist

Hi, it would be very helpful to have the item price on the Pick List.
    this way ill know where to look for that item, some items I put in a different location based on the price

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ShipStation does not have the functionality for ORMD(hazardous material) shipping

There is no option for ORMD under shipping options (FedEx ) and Special Handling/Hazardous Material under USPS. We ship Essential oils and this is a required field.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customer Lifetime Order Count On Packing slip

Having a the ability to add the customer's lifetime order count on a packing slip would be a great way for us. We could use that information to include sample products, gifts, coupon codes, or other special items. For example, if total order count is 10, we could add a special sample product or a thank you note.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the RMA number auto fill to be the order number.

Make it possible for the RMA number to be auto filled to be the order number instead of a randomly generated number when creating a return. This would make it easier for returns to be found in the order system when the are received.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pick list order items by warehouse location - Secondary filter alphanumerically

We are having issues between SkuVault and ShipStation integration in regards to picklist locations. After chatting with a support rep, we are realizing that shipstation doesn't have a resolution to this currently.

The resolution would be to add an option to the Order Items by Warehouse Location Alphanumerically. (secondary sort?)

Shipstation currently has a sort by Warehouse location but when there are multiple locations, the location with less inventory is that displays first, which in our case is inaccurate. SkuVaults Policy is to pick based on alphanumeric. Shipstation and SkuVault need to have the ability to work on the same…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Package info attached to shipping labels

For multi-package shipments, there NEEDS to be a way to identify which package gets associated with each shipping label. Here's an example...

Product-A = 10 pounds.
    Product-B = 10 pounds.
    Product-C = 10 pounds.

A customer orders one of each. Product-B gets damaged in shipping. How can we know which of the 3 products got damaged when there's no way to identify the tracking number associated with Product-B?

It should be an easy enough thing for ShipStation to make it possible to associate a product ID or product SKU to each specific shipping label. That way we can individually track…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dynamic Return Address Modification at the Order Level

Our customers require us to modify the return address on our shipping labels to reflect a company name and address specific to them. This occurs at both the customer and order level where 5 orders from the same customer need to reflect 5 different company names in the return address. It looks like we can accomplish this in an automated fashion via the api, with the create label call, but only as a standalone label call. This will work for some of our products but prevents us from processing shipments manually as they require association to an order and we…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Amazon End of Day Forms on Shipstation

Amazon just recently came out with the ability to generate end of day forms for USPS packages that are shipped through their buy shipping method.
    For us, this includes all of our prime orders. As of now, our USPS pickup has to scan each prime order individually, which can take a lot of time.
    We are thinking it would be great for shipstation to find a way to implement this new feature into their system to simplify our process in getting these orders scanned correctly.

Let me know what you think of this idea!

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Print a 8.5"x11" packing slip automatically when you a 4"x6" shipping label is printed.

We have a 4x6 label printer for the shipping labels and an 8.5x11 printer for packing slips. When we print a 4x6 shipping label we need the 8.5x11 slip will be printed automatically.

We need to print shipping labels and packing slips on two different printers at the same time using one button.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. looking to see if you can put the message label printed on the label for services of surepost and mail innovations. shipworks does it

looking to see if you can put the message label printed on the label for services of surepost and mail innovations. shipworks does it

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Labels

Would like to see the labels printed with bigger/bolder fonts. The current software we are looking to switch from print them bolder and with a little bigger font. Its hard to see in the warehouse to cross reference order PO's on the label when printed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add a 4x5 label option for 4 labels to a page.. it's a money and resource saver!

I don't know how this isn't already an option? Having only 4x6 is so limiting and those who transfer from Stamps I'm sure are used to 4x5 or 4 to a sheet label options. When shipping tons of items, only 2 to a sheet is not cost effective. Besides the 4x6 cause me to have to use larger pricier packaging for small items which wastes more money and resources.

I'm still shocked this is not a thing yet on here.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Label Same Direction as Invoice/Packing Slip

I would like to orient my Invoice/Packing Slip on my Burris Forms Integrated Label to be the same direction as the shipping label (see Sample-Integrated-Label.pdf). To have the Invoice/Packing Slip printed in a different direction as the label makes it very awkward to confirm all the information when checking orders. This should be a simple fix and a very convenient one for order pickers & checkers.
    Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Reference number in Purolator Labels

It would be great if we can add a referrence number on Purolator Labels.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Commercial Invoice currency default by store

If I had it my way I would ask for the commercial invoice currency to be defaulted by store and manually switchable in the customs information section for each order. This way the correct details (including currency) are submitted to this shipper before the creation of any customs documents. And the shipper should have full control with the ability to default the currency based on the specific store or marketplace.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. logo on label

Our logo is prominently displayed at the top of the label using Fedex Ship Manager and is shown on all labels in a multiple package shipment. ShipStation add a small, barely legible logo in the top/center of the master label only. We would like ShipStation to mimic Fedex Ship Manager capabilities with labels. Our customers look for our logo to quickly identify shipments from us.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Default printing Packing Slips per store.

As a 3PL, we have a client that only has 2 sku's . We group the orders by Skus, then create batches. The batches could be hundreds of orders, but all the same configuration (Sku 1, Sku 2, or both). So there is no need for packing slips here. We have other customers that have multiple skus and configurations, so packing slips would make sense. It would be nice to set the default on printing packing slips per store so that we don't have to turn it on and off depending on which store we are going to fulfill.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show Stoper ! USPS label custom message fields should allow more than 26 characters.

First of all, I understand certain carrier's label requirement may not allow this to fly across all carriers. This suggestion is for USPS or stamp.com labels. Currently, only 26 bigO chars can be displayed in each custom message field. However, what if a single sku# is longer than 26 chars? Or a customer ordered 2 items with 2 different skus which need to be combine shipped using one label while 3rd custom field is reserved for order note across the board? These are really common use cases sellers are facing daily and limited by current custom field capability in ShipStation.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UPS Mail Innovations - Customs Line item

Mail Innovations does not allow more than 1 line item on the customs declaration document. There is no current way on the product page to consolidate all of the items into one line item in bulk. I have to individually open each order and delete line items.

For example:
    Create a preset group for these orders - Cotton Clothing - condense declaration line items to one line

Right now it creates separate line items on the declarations for each line item on the order.

I hope this makes sense!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Print 2 Copies of SAME Packing Slip on One Sheet

I know this has been brought up before, as far back as 5+ years ago, but since STILL nothing has been done about it, Customer Service recommended I submit another feedback on it. There are many people (based on upvotes and replies) who have instances where printing 2 copies of a packing slip is necessary. This could be where one copy goes to the customer and one is retained for records, or one is sent in order shipment and a copy is sent to a separate billing/administration address, etc. Currently, the ONLY way to accomplish this is to generate a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base