Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. shipstation api printing

I think it would be useful to allow printing through ShipStation Connect via API.
    This way one could automate the printing process and improve productivity

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mark or brand return labels to identify selling channel.

We need a way to mark the return label so we know what selling channel it was issued from.

We have to open every return we get to find out what selling channel it came from and hopefully the customer put the packing slip back in. If not then we have to do a lookup on the customer in ShipStation to find the order.

After that we can send it to the appropriate channel's return department.

The other thing we run into is that the customer claims that they bought their own label and want a refund for it even…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. International label on the fly

Add option to print international labels on the fly rather than having to go to Options and change to a different printer (regular paper printer), and then switch back to thermal printer for domestic labels.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ShipStation reading weight in Kilograms

We have purchased the scale you recommend to use with your system (the DYMO scale) but we ran into a problem using it.

You see, the DYMO scale itself displays in Kg and Lbs units whereas the Shipstation settings allows us to set "Grams" or "Lbs" weight unit.

The problem is that since we are in Canada, we use the Kg or Gram unit but what's happening is that because in Shipstation we can only select Gram (not Kilogram), then your system is reading the weight wrong and all the shipping rates are getting messed up.

Specifically, let's say the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add telephone to label

We ship live animals and USPS requires that we include the customer's telephone number on the shipping label. If Shipstation would add 'Telephone' to the label message options it would help us tremendously. If our queen bees are put in a mailbox they die within minutes. PLEASE add this feature - I am adding a file showing the list where we could opt to have the telephone print on the label if Shipstation made this change. THANK YOU!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Consolidate scan forms

There should be a way to consolidate scan forms into a single document. We have three separate brands that all ship from the same address. They have to be set up as separate "ship from" locations for branding purposes. But, there's no need to present so many different scan forms to the post office.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to bring this up! To reduce the number of ship from locations and scan forms you have to generate, you can override the company name of your ship from using your store settings.

As seen in the first picture here, the checkbox under “Company Name” needs to be checked off: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003856207

And once you’ve done that, the store’s company name will always be used on the ship from address so you’ll be free to have one ship from location!

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forum if you have any questions or if this wasn’t what you were referring to.

7. pdf label

It's quite obvious that when an RMA is generated via Amazon, that you can't upload a PFD. So, why would you system spit out a PFD, I can't use it. So, I have to change the format by going to a third party site or making other changes via my document properties. This is't a voting matter, its common sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reduce Packing Slip Margin To 0 (or at least less than the current 0.5" limit)

We need to print packing slips on vendor-supplied stock that has requires the ability to reduce our packing slip margins to less than the 1/2 inch minimum currently allowed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to customise address on packing slip

Right now when you try to customise packing slip using html editor it only has one field for recipient address which is formatted in such a way that everything is on one line.
    It would really help to have fields for address line 1, 2, city, post code etc. So it can be formatted to user preference. Especially for UK sellers like myself, where address needs to be in a certain format.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. End of day scalable window

It would be great if the window for End of day was resize-able.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Transition Time to Shipped Status included on Packing Slip Field Replacement Variables

We wanted to add the time it took for an order to transition to shipped status to the packing slip. A Packing Slip Field Replacement is currently not available for this. It would be nice to have that variable in handy. To show our customers how much time it took for an order to be completed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

12. Scan and attach documents to orders and Shipments

I feel that it would be really beneficial to be able to scan and attach documents to orders and shipments. Obviously there would be extra cost associated with the extra cloud space this would take up, but I would def pay for it. Just being able to keep everything in one place would be great and I would actually start to use shipstation for freight and other types of shipping that we do.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scan to print functionality for couriers without rates

Scan to print functionality

Is there an plan to allow scan to print to work on couriers that don't return a rate into Shipstation ?

We hold accounts with our couriers and are not really concerned about the rate that Shipstation returns, as we have negotiated rates directly with the couriers based on our volumes.

Currently in the UK both Royal mail and DPD - are not supplying rate information.

The scan to print option would improve our efficiency enormously

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. eBay Item number on label

I'd like have option that we can add eBay Item number on label, somehow customer wants eBay Item number on the label, thank you,

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I am contacting support about the terms of sale on international shipments. When we print the commercial invoice and in the terms of sale bo

I am contacting support about the terms of sale on international shipments. When we print the commercial invoice and in the terms of sale box we want it to be FCA not DDU as DDU is outdated and no longer used. We have investigated how to change on our end with no luck and we think this is a change or update that shipstation needs to make.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. purolator

Exporting from Canada to the US Purolator defaults to Temporary Shipment in Customs. Need the ability to change to Permanent

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Turn off FedEx AWB Copy label printing

There should be an option to turn off the printing of the FedEx AWB copy label (which contains customs descriptions and values) on international shipments. Better yet, it should be turned off by default when using FedEx Electronic Trade Documents. With ETD, there is no need to include the copy with the shipment, so this is a waste of a label.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Print receipt along with packing slip for

When we print shipping labels via UPS Worldship we get a receipt that prints out separately beneath the label that indicates the cost of the shipment as well as the tracking information. We file this receipt along with the order invoice for record keeping purposes. As we move over to ShipStation, we really need to have similar functionality - currently, this seems to be a limitation with the platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. stamps

The issue I am having is printing postage, not labels. I purchased a roll for postage (Netstamps) from stamps.com and I wanted to print a bunch at one time so I do not have to change the roll in my thermal printer from labels to stamps each time I need a stamp. It seems excessive / wasteful to print a full label for a small letter when I just need postage. Is anyone else having the same issues?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multi parcels with Parcel Force and Royal Mail

You cannot create multiple labels for one destination. So if i am shipping 4 parcels you cannot add labels you have to re-do the steps each time.

DHL has a small + sign next t package type where we can add multiple parcels but its not available with Parcel force or Royal Mail.

Would be very helpful to add this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base