Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The custom paper work for international UPS orders is not generating a signature on the customs paper work.

The custom paper work for international UPS orders is not generating a signature on the customs paper work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. audio alerts for new batches

It would be great if ship station had an audio alert for when a new batch is completed and ready to be printed. Our Operations team is in a different part of the building than our shipping area, so it would be great to know when a new batch has been generated without having to get up and go check.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Install Connect on only the workstation to print from and let all others print to it without needing to install Connect.

Install Connect on only the workstation to print from and let all others print to it without needing to install Connect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Printer Settings

Allow different printers to print different options.

For example, we use multiple printers. Some of our work requires us to print labels with packing slips. Sometimes we just want to print the label with out the packing slip.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pick List needs 4x6 Format Option

It is much faster and cheaper to print the picking ticket (Pick List) on the same 4x6 label printer. We've been doing it this way for years on another system. Currently the pick list is formatted only for 8.5x11 paper so if you print it on label paper you can barely read it. Forcing me to print on a laser printer makes me have to go to another room. Please add a 4x6 format to the pick list options. I assure you everyone will love it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Alphabetical recipient name printing for labels

Allow for printing of labels by RECIPIENT name a-z, currently you can only sort it by the buyer name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to edit font format on shipping labels

Would like the ability to change font size and style on shipping labels.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. labels

Having an option of printing 4 labels per 8.5 X11 sheet, instead of only 2

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. options for packing slips

I ship a LOT of products that are gifts. Some of my buyers opt for a greeting card, and perhaps half of them write out the greeting and don't "sign" the card. The problem is that when I go to print either the Order Summary, or Packing Slip, the "SHIP TO" is listed, but not the "BUYER NAME/FROM". i would like both to be on the Packing Slip so that the "sent to" person knows who's actually sending their gift, and won't have to guess who's its from by looking at a funky email address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Purolator - OrderNo on labels

We are currently unable to add the Order Number on the Purolator label.

If you go under Settings -> Printing Setup --> Labels document option, I can specify to print the order # under label messages. It works fine for Canada Post but it doesn't work for Purolator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. adding Product #4 #5 #6 to Label Messages

Order information can now be added to label messages using field replacements. If you chose to add Product #1, Product #2, Product #3, you can avoid printing packing slips - as the order items are printed directly onto a shipping label, so you know exactly what items to ship (you can use a SKU's instead of printing the entire product names). Unfortunately, you can only add up to 3 messages - (3 Products in this case). The problem we are experiencing is for the orders with more than 3 different items as the ShipStation does not allow to add additional…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. V3 scan and verify

In the V3 interface, scan to print has been replaced with scan and verify. The interface looks good but it requires the verification step. Our product is not barcoded so we are required to click the verify all button before being able to print the label. The products in the order are verified prior to the shipping step in our operation so, we just want to scan, weigh and print the label in the scan and verify / scan to print interface.

Can you add a way to bypass the verify step for those of us that verify the order…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change Default Print Settings by Location

Should be able to set print settings by location. Not all warehouse have access or need for the same print setup, creates a lot of difficulties in workflow and supporting efficiency to not allow that flexibility.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. profit or loss instant calculation

Please move the Shipping PAid below the current rate.
    Also add an instant profit/ loss calculation below

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Label file names

It should be possible to have Shipstation automatically create file names for label PDFs that contain a signifying feature like batch number or date so that I can tell them apart. Currently my downloads folder is filling up with 'Labels', 'Labels(1)', 'Labels(2)' and so on..

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There is not sufficient inventory to fulfill this shipment

Warning message "There is not sufficient inventory to fulfill this shipment" doesn't allow label to be printed. If user elects to not have ShipStation track inventory, why can't the label be printed? This is a huge inconvenience. I'm unable to get a timely response from your support team (have to wait 3 days) and I have to use a backup shipment method. Not good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the option for custom fields in return labels and labels using the "Customers" tab

We sell return labels to our customers but in order to send one to them, we have to create a shipping label, void it, then create a return label. We can create a return label using the "Customers" tab but the option to add custom fields is not offered. We need to add order number and reason for product return to the label itself for internal organization. Please add that feature as right now in order to void labels we have to copy and paste every order for a return label into the UPS website and create the label there.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Print ONE Label Per Page on Laser Paper Please

We are new using ShipStation and in our trial period. Currently running ShipRush in tandem with our current program to compare features and benefits and really like ShipRush better. One issue we have run into is the inability for ShipRush to ONLY print one label per page on laser paper. Switching to thermal labels is not an option for us. The issue is that FedEx supplies us the laser labels for free but they are only 1-up per page. We have a mix of single and multi-box shipments. And it's convenient to see/count and verify that you have for example…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ship each item on order with own shipping label

I have shipment ready packaging and do NOT want to combine all items on an individual order into one box. There should be a checkmark or something in settings where we can indicate to Shipstation whether we want items bundled into 1 box or shipped individually. Right now I have to manually break apart orders so 1 shipping label is created for item on order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Put batch in the order that we scan the packing slip

we use a scanner to add orders to a batch so that we may print all first class orders at once, then all priority orders at once, and all express orders at once, ect... The problem is that as they are added to the batch, shipstation puts the orders in order by age so newest to oldest. for a company like us who ships several hundreds of orders a day we need the batch to be in the order that we scan the packing slips. then when the batch is printed it would print in the order which we scanned…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! And are you referring to when you view these orders within the batch view in the orders page in ShipStation?

Or is this on the shipments page/when you print out the batches?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base