Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shortcut / Faster Way to Add a message to "Custom Field "1 on Shipping labels

This is the longest part of shipping process right now. I usually select several items , choose other actions > Apply Bulk Action> set custom field one, add the message , and then Apply. I'd love a short cut or a hotkey for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Continue to next line or wraparound for "Label Messages"

Currently many of our SKUs are too long to fit on one line, but we only use 2 of the 3 available lines.

We would love to have the option for longer SKUs to continue onto line 3 instead of cutting off at line 2.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need ChannelAdvisor Child Sku Title on order and packing slips

We have many products with variations and just moved to ChannelAdvisor. Now, on our orders and packing slips, we only see the sku and "parent" name. We want to see the sku and "children" names. For example, we now see: Nylon 6" belt. We want to see Nylon 6" Belt Size Small. Someone enabled order details for our account and we now see 60+ lines of details for the sku including meta data and category information. There must be a way to only include relevant information to pick the order, like size, color, etc. File attached to illustrate.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Inventory SKU Print on AWB vs. Order SKU

Would like the option for our ecom inventory SKU to print out on the shipping label vs the SS orders SKU. We pull our inventory by the ecomm inventory sku. When we pack orders, it would be easier to match up the product with the ecomm inventory SKU vs order SKU. I assume I could do this by utilizing the alias sku feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Label messages for UPS UK

Are you able to fix an issue so that label messages can be sent to UPS UK please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dynamically print the product name in the actual color of the product

Many of my products come in multiple colors, and a common error my shippers make is to send the wrong color. It would be awesome if the product name could print out on the packing slip in the actual color of the product.
    So "Large widget - Blue" would print out in blue on the packing slip
    and "Medium widget - Red" would print out in red

My products also come in 2 sizes, so I would also use this to have a custom color for each size, so my packers could easily see which size by the color

From…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow order comments to show on the pick list

Allow customer order comments to show on the pick list. This will allow us to know exactly what the customer wants when we are pulling their order

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow extra product attributest to be imported for Customs information

We'd like ShipStation to be able to import more product attributes in the form of customs information that is already set in our Magento store. we'd like these extra attributes to be imported into ShipStation so they can be used to automatically populate the customs forms. At the moment there is no easy way to do this other than having to export all our products from either Sage or Magento then faff about re-arranging it to import into ShipStation. We don't do this as when SS imports product data it doesn't seem to keep it updated with the freshest info…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Removing Outstanding & Expired Return Labels

We have 2 Stamps.com returns labels that were both issued by customers on 7-13-20, and subsequently both never used. Though we do our best to catch labels before they age past the Stamps.com 28 day return window (for the provider to request a void and refund), these two we caught too late.

We couldn't get the refunds, but that wasn't a big deal. The problem is that we've been trying for months to cancel/void them, just so they are removed out of the queue, and they're just stuck there.

After contacting SS support they advised that these types of labels…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. GRAYSCALE

There should be an option to print documents in gray-scale or black and white.

Currently you have to set your printer to gray-scale.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include billing address on shipment forms

Currently the commercial invoices (shipment forms) for international FedEx and DHL shipments don't include the billing address (aka "sold to"/"importer"), even if it's different from shipping address.
    It would be good to have this included as creates it problems with some shipments.

Support Chat told me that the forms are actually autogenerated by the carrier, so if this turns out to be a limitation of the carrier's API, ShipStation could do automatic patching of the PDF.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom Promotion Offer on Third Shipping Label

Can we automate ShipStation to print a third label with our custom promotion offer? Every order will print three labels.
    1) Shipping Label
    2) Packing List Label
    3) Promotion Label
    Users would LOVE this feature! Thank You, Mr Topes Golf

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automate SmartPost Label Character Limit Split

Allow the customer's address to automatically split and populate the second line on a SmartPost label if it breaches the 30 character limit. Currently it's just a warning message that can be easily missed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Page Numbers

Please add the capability to number packing slips printed from Batches in the order they are organized on the batch screen.

Example:
    If the screen is organized by AGE, then the oldest packing slip in the batch should receive page # 1 and each newer packing slip will increase to the next number. This is a powerful organization tool for packing procedure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. click-n-ship account API connect

since the USPS comes out the new Loyalty Program, it will be nice that shipstation can connect with USPS Click-N-Ship® service so we can earn credit for the label we print.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pop Up Window

Pop up windows in shipstation cannot be scrolled down in or expanded, and if I can't expand my browser window, I get stuck. Specifically this affected me when trying to accept Shipsurance T&Cs. If you browser window is small, there should be an option to scroll down in the pop up window so I can continue with my work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unable To Print Multiple Package Order Labels Under New Updates

We have many orders that require multiple packages to be sent for the same order. We used to be able to highlight the labels and print all labels for the order right from the order screen. Now we have to create the labels, then leave the order, go to the shipments screen, and find each label and select them then print the labels. It was a great function for B2B business that do volume, now it's gone and utterly inconvenient and opens up our processes to mistakes...

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. batch labels

Please add the leading batch label back when printing

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UPS Canada label NO reference fields printed

Hi, your customer service told me the UPS label only prints the reference fields when using the UPS US account. We are located in Canada so we use UPS Canada account. I think this should be a simple fix to talk to UPS Canada to update your connection with them so when we use shipstation to print out the label when ship via UPS. The reference will be printed as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. allow periods in shipping automation dimensions

automation rule > dimensions. Please allow periods! Dimensions need periods. Fedex one rate requires specific demensions. Fedex one rate allows for flat rate 2 day delivery, which means you can do seller fulfilled prime WITHOUT GIVING YOUR INVENTORY TO AMAZON. THIS IS AMAZING. but I have to put dimensions that have periods, and its crazy to do this manually for each order

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base