Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically assigning a number or full stop to contact telephone for orders without numbers

If orders without a contact telephone you could create a rule to apply 0 or fullstop as some carriers require a number to create a label but if consumer hasn't added a number you manually must put fullstop or 0 every time to generate a label which dramatically slows down the label process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customer contact info on DHL labels

It happens quite often that DHL tries to reach a customer for delivery coordination. They then contact us and ask for a phone number or email address. It would be great if we could have the customer contact info printed automatically on these labels.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add support for purolator label message

Add support for custom messages on the purolator label, purolator eship allows in registering one but your platform does not allow it

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Glitch in shipstation with new "edit" feature!

Glitch in shipstation with new "edit" feature!

Recently, shopify rolled out an "edit" option. Where you would be able to edit an order in an "unfulfilled" state before you process it or mark it as fulfilled. However, it's looking like shipstation isn't computing these changes. For example, if someone wants to remove product "a" and add product "b" when we use the edit feature to make these changes then print it out in shipstation it says that they want both product "a" and product "b. PLEEASE fix this!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. USMCA Certificate of Origin

With USMCA replacing NAFTA, I would love to be able to print a certificate of origin while printing shipping labels. We do a lot of business with Canada and this would help us save our customers money and thus do more business.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ShipStation Connect Deactivating

Hi, it would be extremely helpful and time-saving if ShipStation Connect could stay active at all times so we do not have to deactivate/reactivate or log out/log back in every time we want to ship. We ship several times throughout the day and often have different people shipping so not everyone knows how to solve the problem when we cannot get a packing slip or label to print. We would really like to see a solution for ShipStation Connect so it stays connected with our printers at all time to make shipping processes more flawless.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. how do I add an automatic USPS return feature on my website

Im looking to build a website where I can buy customers used electronics, collectibles and other items but want to integrate a shipping label so the customer can just print a USPS and drop it off at there post office. does anyone know how this can be done

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Custom Label Messages on UPS SurePost Labels

I would like to be able to add the product name to the bottom of shipping labels. This works for my USPS and UPS Ground labels, but not UPS SurePost labels. Add custom label options for SurePost!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rate Calculator on V3 Scan and Verify Label Creator

The biggest game changer in V3 is the Scan and Verify feature. This alone is helping us to make the decision to stay with SS after making the decision to leave because this feature is so crucial to eliminating misshiped orders.

Just one down side, the ability to check rates in real time is no longer available during label creation in the Scan and Verify screen and that feature alone is priceless.

I have attached two images displaying how V2 has the option during label creation and how V3 does not have that option in the same checkout process.

Until…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pulling product image from the cart instead of the product listing page

It would be really nice if we could pull the product image from the cart instead of the product listing page when importing orders. For sellers who offer customized products, like myself, it would help immensely if the product image that was being imported was the custom image the customer made, that is shown in the cart, instead of the generic product listing image. This would make sorting and matching up orders with physical products on the production floor much easier.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Envelope printing template customization

What would be nice, if you could pass it along, would be to enable customized templates for printing onto envelopes. For instance, we have custom-branded envelopes with our return address area pre-printed with our logo and address. We'd like to *only print shipping address and postage on those envelopes. It seems like an easy toggle, but you guys don't allow it. Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently toggling back and forth between multiple ShipStation accounts is not something that can be done in ShipStation. The accounts wou

Currently toggling back and forth between multiple ShipStation accounts is not something that can be done in ShipStation.

The accounts would require two different, separate logins.

I think this is a cool idea.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Your software for printing is the worst software I am forced to use on a Mac.

It constantly disappears. I just reinstalled it and an hour later it is gone.

when I say it doesn’t work — I mean you go to print and it finds no printers even though I can print through every other app I have. it has always been like this.

Also, in order to reinstall — you need to terminate the one that is running which requires using Terminal which most people don’t know about.

Just 20 mins ago I removed it and reinstalled from the site restarted the browser, I added the printers back in and it worked. Then 30…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Purolator - OrderNo on labels

We are currently unable to add the Order Number on the Purolator label.

If you go under Settings -> Printing Setup --> Labels document option, I can specify to print the order # under label messages. It works fine for Canada Post but it doesn't work for Purolator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Input purchase order numbers on PO line for FedEx

Input purchase order numbers on the designated PO line for FedEx shipments. Some customers require the PO's to be input on this line and any errors on this line or not inputing the PO number results in vendor chargebacks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. text on return labels

Would like to be able to either:
    1) make the RMA reference assigned to a return visible on the generated return label (at present, just the original order number is visible on the return label); or,
    2) have a separate field available in which delivery instructions/etc. could be added to the generated return label (in addition to the order number automatically added)

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. chromebook

Requesting that shipstation connection can be downloaded on chromebooks. My OS is Google Chrome OS Version 79.0.3945.123 (Official Build) (64-bit). Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. barcode

Allow for custom actions to be triggered by scanning a Barcode, such as updating the comments field with some default text or doing composite actions like adding label one & label two.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 8.5x11 labels span two pages

We use a laser printer and the specific 8.5x11 sheets ShipStation requires (sticky label up top, business paper on the bottom). When we have an order that spans two packages, we need the labels to print on two separate sheets. I see I am not alone in this request. Please fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. e sell educational materials and we recently have had customers reach out to us letting us know that their custom fees were outrageous becau

We sell educational materials and we recently have had customers reach out to us letting us know that their custom fees were outrageously high because our labels say 'merchandise" and not "educational materials". The "merchandise" option is requiring our customers to pay more in taxes and duties. Having the option "Educational Materials" in the "Content type" box on a customs form would be very beneficial to our international customers, who are already paying a lot in shipping fees.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base