Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Rotate Labels 180 degrees in Shipstation Connect

Canada Post labels (and I assume other shipping labels) come in a roll that has the peel away tracking number sticker at the bottom of the label but some label printers print top to bottom. This results in the tracking sticker being placed at the top of the label. Since Shipstation Connect doesn't go through the print window and presets, there's no easy way to flip it and it means we have to use PDF print for labels. A tick box that alters Shipstation Connect's print command to include an orientation flip on the label would make a world of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring Back 1-Time Print Setting Override on Order Details Page

In the past, you used to allow a 1-time print settings override by holding down the Create Label button. This would bring up the Settings box and you could choose a differnt setting for that particualr label. Now the easiest way is to create the label with your Remembered Selection, then go to the Shipments tab, check the box for the shipment and there you can go to Print, then hold down the Labels selction in the pulldown menu. This is a waste of time and paper.

We normally print to label, so prefer to have that setting Remebered, but…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. labels

Having an option of printing 4 labels per 8.5 X11 sheet, instead of only 2

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Prevent Double Printing

We would love to have a pop-up to prevent a batch from being printed more than once. Over the past 3 months, we have had 3 instances with 3 different employees printing a batch twice. This resulted in all orders from these batches being sent out twice, so we paid double for shipping and cost of the products for all of these orders. This happened because the tiny "mark when printed" checkbox was not checked when it was printed the first time. A pop-up to say something like "This batch has already been printed. Do you want to print it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Packing slip print for selected users.

Packing slip print for selected users.

We have 10 active users, but we don't need the packing slip printed for each one of them, it's just a waste of paper.

We would like to have the option to select a user who gets the packing slip printed and a user that don't.

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. groupon customize packaging slip issue

we want vendor sku on packaging slip but there is no any vendor sku field on it please add vendor sku field on groupon store when fetcing data

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove labels from batch if the label has been voided

Hi,

I recently created a batch of labels.

However, I had to void one of the labels in the batch since the customer wanted to cancel the order.

Upon re-checking the batch (after voiding the label), I could still see the label within the batch.

There should be a way where voided labels are automatically removed from batches, this way company's do not mistakenly print all the labels within the batch and ship out voided labels.

After speaking with a Chat Representative, she informed me that this feature is not currently support, and recommended I submit this as an "idea"…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I recently started using the scan to verify function in ship station. This option works really well however it does not have the rate browse

I recently started using the scan to verify function in ship station. This option works really well however it does not have the rate browser that the traditional shipping method has. Is there anyway to activate that so it appears when using the scan to verify function?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ShipStation reading weight in Kilograms

We have purchased the scale you recommend to use with your system (the DYMO scale) but we ran into a problem using it.

You see, the DYMO scale itself displays in Kg and Lbs units whereas the Shipstation settings allows us to set "Grams" or "Lbs" weight unit.

The problem is that since we are in Canada, we use the Kg or Gram unit but what's happening is that because in Shipstation we can only select Gram (not Kilogram), then your system is reading the weight wrong and all the shipping rates are getting messed up.

Specifically, let's say the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Print labels directly when the orders gets downloaded

We want our label printer to print labels as soon the orders gets listed under "awaiting shipmen"
    Reason : We use a third party pick& pack which is synced to Shipstation. When the orders are picked, it wil list under "awaiting shipment". I just want the label to be printed without pressing any buttons.

Also, what about alexa automation?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If "Gift Message" box is checked, print out Gift Receipt

If "Gift Message" box is checked, print out Gift Receipt which does not include pricing information on the packing slip.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ShipStation Connect - Linux Support

Would like to see ShipStation Connect supported on Linux. This would allow the app to run on a low cost device such as a raspberry pi and make it much easier to keep service up.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Local Delivery

Right now for local delivery packages(during virus outbreak) we are marking all as shipped and using the Fulfillment tab. We then export all orders to excel and work with them to provide a 1-page shipping manifest to our local delivery driver. It would be wonderful if we could send them all to a local delivery tab, then have it print out a manifest rather quickly for the driver. Kudos if that manifest could be printed out with the quickest route(using map APIs I suppose) to each of the residences. Even more Kudos if I could assign to a driver and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding SKU or other order details on Amazon SFP labels

Adding SKU or other order details on Amazon SFP labels
    Currently all our other labels from non Amazon SFP label are able to print with SKU and other details on the label ( up to 3 different thing). However Amazon SFP order processed through Amazon Buy Shipping labels come up with no details.
    This make it hard for my team to pick out order and verify the labels.

My other suggestion was to have the packing slip print out with only specific criteria. ie Amazon SFP order print label + packing slip. This is also unavailable. Many platforms do not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom Label Message Preset

We need an ability to turn on and off the custom notes/messages at the bottom of our labels from our presets. My product uses liquid and is required by USPS to be stated, but I also ship no liquid products like my bracket and would like to have it off. I'd love to set one preset with and another without. It could be a toggle in the shipping window so I don't need to duplicate all of my presets which could become too much.

Thanks,
    Matthew

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding a barcode to the SS label

We're using ShipStation to create labels for USPS and Fedex and we'd like to include a barcode on the USPS label to help us in the internal relay process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. PDF attachment in the shipping email

I would love to be able to attach a document to the email confirmation that goes out, preferably set per store.

Either with the packing slip itself and/OR a custom document, like a flyer or mailer with discounts or something.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. automation for creating labels via ZAPIER

I would like to use zapier to send data from my CRM to shipstation for creating a label, then use shipstation automation to save that label to my PC or email to wherever and continue to use zapier to grab that label and do whatever I want.

This would make for some very powerful possibilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Inventory SKU Print on AWB vs. Order SKU

Would like the option for our ecom inventory SKU to print out on the shipping label vs the SS orders SKU. We pull our inventory by the ecomm inventory sku. When we pack orders, it would be easier to match up the product with the ecomm inventory SKU vs order SKU. I assume I could do this by utilizing the alias sku feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Barcode as an Export option when Exporting Orders

We sell used and refurbished products without Retail/OEM packaging or barcodes.
    We get too many products to assign each one a inventory barcode.
    When we get an order and pull a product from our shelves we want to include a sticker label with the "Shipstation order Barcode" that it gets assigned automatically by Shipstation.
    When the item is ready to be packaged we can simply use "scan to print" on the Sticker Label we put on the item and the correct shipping label will be printed for the product.
    Having an export option for the barcodes would allow us to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base