Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically printing the Commercial Invoice/COO if the Shipping Label doesn't have ETD listed.

If ETD is not listed on the Shipping Label we must manually include the other documents (which are the Certificate of Origin and the Commercial Invoice). Another way to see if this the other documents are required is by going into Shipments, typing in the order #, and then seeing if there is a document icon next to the order #.

At this time, there is no feature in ShipStation that will allow the Commercial Invoice/Certificate of Origin to print with the Shipping Labels if required - we have to print this manually and separately.

It would eliminate SO much…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ship Date Tomorrow Button

Our USPS driver comes are different time every day. We set the ship date tomorrow option to change to tomorrow at 12pm. It would be awesome if there was a button to click or an easy way to change the ship date to the next day. So if she comes at 10am one day we can then click the button or easily change the time so all the packages are then marked to ship the next day. Or opposite if she comes at 4pm all the packages that we packed from 12-4 would be marked to ship as today instead…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Set the Ship Date to the next "Business" day after cut-off time, instead of "calendar" day

Set the Ship Date to the next "Business" day (instead of "Calendar" Day) if the time is after XXXX
    (See attachment)

It will give all Friday USPS orders the correct ship date to be Monday, instead of Saturday, when USPS is closed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shipping Templates Not Applying Properly

Shipping Templates Not Applying Properly

I'm our company's software engineer. The problem I'm having as an engineer is that the code editor for designing the packing slips does not support all functionalities for HTML and CSS and no support for javascript. What I'm trying to do is to always have to footer at the bottom of the packing slip. Because the footer uses the CSS functionality of "display: absolute" This causes orders with a bunch of line items to overlap the footer. ShipStation's documentation nicely points out the reason for this limitation, and also points to a solution. That solution…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add option for custom paper size/label for return labels, not same as label setting/shipment labels

right now shipping label + return label can only be set up and setting works for both labels the same.. would be better if you can set up shipping label (for rollo, for example) and return label for Half size page (not everyone has a Rollo)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Printing Picklist sorting by Oldest order to Newest

I do customized ironwork on several different selling channels...eBay, Etsy, and Amazon. It is critical to have the "notes" field on each order. I have been using the Order Summary sheet without all the customer details option. I don't need all that to clutter up the sheet...the reason I use this is because it is the only sheet that gives me the option to sort the orders from oldest to newest. BUT I cant get the notes field like the Picklist gives...so I end up handwriting it on the sheet every time. Very time consuming and have made a few…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make all "Sold To" fields available for packing slips

Please make all the Sold To fields available as fields on the packing slip template. Currently just the Buyer Name is available, but anything you have, especially the Phone and Email fields, can be helpful to the customer. For example we often ship orders that are shipped to someone other than the buyer, such as a store or school and it would be nice to provide more information to that receiving customer about who placed the order that is getting shipped to them.
    Thank You,
    Rich

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ancillary USPS

In addition to the existing "Other Shipping Options" available per order, it would be nice to be able to apply the USPS Ancillary Service texts (e.g., "Address Service Requested") to USPS orders.

Our mail carrier suggested us to us to avoid expensive return shipping to us when a package is sent to an undeliverable (even though valid) address.

More info about these Ancillary Services can be found at https://pe.usps.com/BusinessMail101?ViewName=SpecialAddressingServices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Color logo for Branding, B&W logo for label printing

I like the customization of the branding page and emails. Unfortunately if I make that look good with a color logo, it prints very light on my labels via the Zebra thermal printer. I think it would be helpful to have a color and B&W logo option so that the label can use the B&W and the branding can still be in color.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Print receipt along with packing slip for

When we print shipping labels via UPS Worldship we get a receipt that prints out separately beneath the label that indicates the cost of the shipment as well as the tracking information. We file this receipt along with the order invoice for record keeping purposes. As we move over to ShipStation, we really need to have similar functionality - currently, this seems to be a limitation with the platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export Returns Data (and API)

Need an "Export Returns" button (like existing Export Shipments), so that a data file (CSV,XLS,PDF) is generated with the Returns list.

Used to forward the returns data to a material processing system (refunds, restock, etc.). Could be used to create "RMA's" using the same ShipStation RMA# (and Order#) as reference.

**Also, Returns data should be available via API too. (Query by RMA# or Date Received Range)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. stamps

The issue I am having is printing postage, not labels. I purchased a roll for postage (Netstamps) from stamps.com and I wanted to print a bunch at one time so I do not have to change the roll in my thermal printer from labels to stamps each time I need a stamp. It seems excessive / wasteful to print a full label for a small letter when I just need postage. Is anyone else having the same issues?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to adjust the font sizes of the ship to and ship from addresses on labels

It would be beneficial to have the ability to adjust the font sizes of the ship to and ship from addresses on labels.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shipping Labels Builder interface (x, y-axis) on any Label Format

Be able, via a Shipping Label Builder interface, to place carrier's shipping assets (positioned on x, y-axis) like barcodes, addresses, references, etc. All possible assets for each carrier on any given label format (4x6", 4x8", 8.5x11", etc..).

Possible to scale & rotate assets. Also, to add simple shapes like circles, squares, and text also. This would probably answer many of the label format requests like the one I need (COD with Canpar, Label with Yellow background, on an 8.5x11" paper pre-printed by Canpar).

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow extra product attributest to be imported for Customs information

We'd like ShipStation to be able to import more product attributes in the form of customs information that is already set in our Magento store. we'd like these extra attributes to be imported into ShipStation so they can be used to automatically populate the customs forms. At the moment there is no easy way to do this other than having to export all our products from either Sage or Magento then faff about re-arranging it to import into ShipStation. We don't do this as when SS imports product data it doesn't seem to keep it updated with the freshest info…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Receive alerts when a return label is printed.

Receive alerts when a return label is printed. Can this feature be added?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Print ONE Label Per Page on Laser Paper Please

We are new using ShipStation and in our trial period. Currently running ShipRush in tandem with our current program to compare features and benefits and really like ShipRush better. One issue we have run into is the inability for ShipRush to ONLY print one label per page on laser paper. Switching to thermal labels is not an option for us. The issue is that FedEx supplies us the laser labels for free but they are only 1-up per page. We have a mix of single and multi-box shipments. And it's convenient to see/count and verify that you have for example…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change Default Print Settings by Location

Should be able to set print settings by location. Not all warehouse have access or need for the same print setup, creates a lot of difficulties in workflow and supporting efficiency to not allow that flexibility.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pop Up Window

Pop up windows in shipstation cannot be scrolled down in or expanded, and if I can't expand my browser window, I get stuck. Specifically this affected me when trying to accept Shipsurance T&Cs. If you browser window is small, there should be an option to scroll down in the pop up window so I can continue with my work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Shipping Label File Format

Shipstation only prints shipping labels in PDF format. Amazon currently does not accept return shipping labels in the PDF format. My current workaround is to take a screenshot of the shipping label. It would be cleaner to be able to download shipping labels in other file formats, such as PNG and JPEG.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base