Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Install Connect on only the workstation to print from and let all others print to it without needing to install Connect.

Install Connect on only the workstation to print from and let all others print to it without needing to install Connect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for Bulk Pick List

It would be so much easier if that when printing a pick list you are able to see the total quantity of items that need to be picked, not just the number per order

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. dot labels

FedEx Requires DOT labels on some goods they deliver. We need to print those labels to go on the box additional to the address info. I recommend for specific products the ability to print that label with them. (example: lithium batteries)

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/services/HazMat-FXG-shipping-guide.pdf

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to select Label size (8.5x11 or 4x6) based on store

We have different locations ship out items. Some use 8.5x11, others zebra 4x6. Would be great to associate the label size by store rather than by the entire account

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. option for shipping label only

Please add a new button under label options to just allow the shipping label to be printed by itself. I currently have packing slips and labels to print together by default, so when I print the shipping label, it prints both the label and packing slip.

There a few instances where I already have the packing slip, so having another button to force the software to print the shipping label only despite default setting, would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. printers switch

Every time one of our users at any of our locations changes the printer format size for their labels, it changes ALL of the other users format sizes at the different locations. One of our stores may use a laser printer (8.5x11) whereas one of our stores may use a thermal printer(4x6). Why can't I lock in a printer type for each store without changes being made across the board? it's a very annoying extra step to something that has otherwise been great to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add PrintNode support

Would you please consider adding PrintNode support (https://www.printnode.com/en)?

This allows automated printing across the internet. I have a PrintNode docker container running inside my network where my printers are located. I've used this system up until creating an account with you to automatically print my Royal Mail click and drop orders. Even if I'm on the other side of the world, I'd like to be able to print shipping labels automatically without having to download individual PDFs and print them over VPN.

I the API interface is very simple: https://www.printnode.com/en/docs/api/curl

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. QR Codes Needed

I need to be able to scan QR codes for my products when Scanning to Verify.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Do not encrypt tax ID for admin logged in users

Currently your account's tax ID is encrypted and cannot be seen by either a user or Shipstation's customer support. There is no way for me to see which tax ID is being used and if I update it, I can't see if it was saved properly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Saturday delivery

As of right now we are not able to print labels a day early for Saturday delivery, I was hoping maybe something can be done to allow you to select the delivery date with Saturday delivery.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Barcode of the actual order numbers on packing slips

We need ability to print the actual marketplace order number as a barcode on the packing slip!! please add that in, this will help us while packing the orders inside finale inventory!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Printer Settings

Allow different printers to print different options.

For example, we use multiple printers. Some of our work requires us to print labels with packing slips. Sometimes we just want to print the label with out the packing slip.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add telephone to label

We ship live animals and USPS requires that we include the customer's telephone number on the shipping label. If Shipstation would add 'Telephone' to the label message options it would help us tremendously. If our queen bees are put in a mailbox they die within minutes. PLEASE add this feature - I am adding a file showing the list where we could opt to have the telephone print on the label if Shipstation made this change. THANK YOU!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bulk Print Labels with Customs Form automatically

I print my labels in bulk (Royal Mail) so I get a long line of labels printed. Many of these require customs labels too. Currently there is no option for them to be printed alongside the label , they have to be printed after therefore there is the need to then manually match the label with the customs form.

Very time consuming and surely a very quick and easy fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A need for printing alias sku's on shipping labels instead of sku's attached to marketplace orders.

It would be extremely helpful if we could print the alias sku's created in Shipstation on shipping labels, packing slips and pick lists instead of printing the sku's from specific marketplace orders. Currently, only the order specific marketplace sku can be printed on the shipping label.

As our business has grown and evolved, we understand our own needs better. We now have the need to change our internal sku format. We don't want to change these products, just the sku. However, changing these sku's at the marketplace level, especially Amazon is extremely difficult and can be detrimental to product rank.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. click-n-ship account API connect

since the USPS comes out the new Loyalty Program, it will be nice that shipstation can connect with USPS Click-N-Ship® service so we can earn credit for the label we print.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add batch nember to packing slip

add a Batch number to the packing slip as a field replacement

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Label file names

It should be possible to have Shipstation automatically create file names for label PDFs that contain a signifying feature like batch number or date so that I can tell them apart. Currently my downloads folder is filling up with 'Labels', 'Labels(1)', 'Labels(2)' and so on..

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UPS EOD Scannable Report

Shipstation needs a scannable UPS EOD report. Submitting and EOD report electronically via EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) does help its sellers. Example: I have a package that was shipped on 07/22, now one day later there is still no update to the tracking number. UPS does not show receiving the package on 7/22. We have no proof to show our customer who paid for 2 day shipping that the item was shipped on time. All the customer sees is that a label was created. However, if Shipstation provided a scannable end of day report like they do for USPS then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Package Weight Automation

So this is going to be kind of a long one so bare with me. Our company recently purchased USB Scales to help automate some of the shipping process. There doesn't appear to be any way of actually automatically importing the weight from the scale though. I have to press the scale button no matter what. The way I see it, I should be able to select a box/carrier preset and have it automatically import the scale weight. In other words, there should be an option to have your presets trigger the USB scale and fill in the weight field.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base