Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customisation of order summary

I'd love to be able to customise the Order Summary to pull in any field that is available in the interactive Orders tab e.g. customer email, requested shipping service, gift etc.

Personally I'd like to see the email address added to the printable Order Summary underneath the customer's address, but i know other fields will also be highly useful to other companies.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make shipment forms available for download via API

The ShipStation API currently does not provide a publicly documented way to download shipment forms.
    We have several use cases for this feature: For one it would allow us to batch-print multiple PDFs at once without clicking "download"+"print" on each one of them. Furthermore it would allow for automated patching of the PDFs to fix issues such as this one http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/42047626-include-billing-address-on-shipment-forms

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include billing address on shipment forms

Currently the commercial invoices (shipment forms) for international FedEx and DHL shipments don't include the billing address (aka "sold to"/"importer"), even if it's different from shipping address.
    It would be good to have this included as creates it problems with some shipments.

Support Chat told me that the forms are actually autogenerated by the carrier, so if this turns out to be a limitation of the carrier's API, ShipStation could do automatic patching of the PDF.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The correct sized label should automatically be generated so users don’t have to manipulate the image size.

It should be seamless and it shouldn't waste my time. GoShippo already provides the correct sized label with every download.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Delivery (Transit) Time on Packing Slip

In the packing slip customization tool, it would be very helpful if there was a Field Replacement for "delivery time" or "transit time" based on the carrier, the selected shipping service, the shipping location, and the destination location of each order. Wouldn't it be possible to get this information from each carrier's API?

Our company sells frozen meats and we need to see the estimated transit time as we pick and pack so that we know how much dry ice to include in each shipment to keep it frozen during transit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. wireless printing support

Be able to use wireless printers through shipstation connect which is currently unsupported (requires physically connected printers)

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices

How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices to their shipments. Today I have to send an email for every order that requires an Invoice or PO attached. Make Shipstation only useful for Ecomm and not Retail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Label Messages Available on UPS SurePost Labels

I would like to have the option of putting custom label messages on our UPS Surepost labels. Things like the order number (which I have on all of our outgoing parcels) or a message that would be visible to anyone reading the label.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Print tracking # in message area on shipping label

We are used to having a peel off receipt on the shipping label that has the tracking #. This can be affixed to a hardcopy document for reference. Would like to be able to print the tracking # in the message area of the shipping label.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. labels without postage

PRINTING lables with no postage i send many lettermail with a stamp and have to manually prepare the lables each time .

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. sort pick list

Sort Pick List by ship date.

We need this feature because we have a 2 week lead time on some of our items.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. per item charge rather then a monthly charges

maybe for those LIGHT users have a per item charge for someone whom would hardly ever use this but once in a while

I would hate to pay a monthly fee for something I would not using that much

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. batch number manifest

In the last 48-72 hours there has been a change in the Shipment Manifest where we no longer are given the batch number associated with the Manifest. This was helpful in charting quality assurance for shipments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. scan to ship

We are using the scan to ship feature but have noticed that it does not give us a warning if the address has failed verification. We receive an error if the address is missing information, not when it is invalid or showing a warning. This allows a label to be created and a package shipped without our team knowing that the address has failed verification. A warning within the scan to ship flow would be wonderful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Removing Outstanding & Expired Return Labels

We have 2 Stamps.com returns labels that were both issued by customers on 7-13-20, and subsequently both never used. Though we do our best to catch labels before they age past the Stamps.com 28 day return window (for the provider to request a void and refund), these two we caught too late.

We couldn't get the refunds, but that wasn't a big deal. The problem is that we've been trying for months to cancel/void them, just so they are removed out of the queue, and they're just stuck there.

After contacting SS support they advised that these types of labels…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ERROR- Ship To Phone must be no longer than 25 characters.

Issues printing Labels as ShipStaion doesn't allow more than 25 characters.

I import data from Amazon (USA) orders into Shipstaion via Channel Advisor and for data protection Amazon provide a number in this format.

+1 123-456-7891 ext. 12345

Due to the spaces, "-" and ext. i have to manually edit each order (phone number) before i can print.

This is not fun and i cant be the only person this affects.

I think you should extend the character limit on the telephone number field to fix this issue.

Cheers

Craig

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. automated label creation

Allow automated label printing:
    Use case: Saturday and Sunday warehouse is closed, but customers keep ordering and we get late shipment rates.
    Instead of removing options to 'ship' on weekends, which reduces sales, we want to have labels printed and order confirmation to send to customers to avoid late shipping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Print Order As Selected

It would be amazing if there was a way to have the order which Shipping Labels (and packing slips) were printed be the same as the current sorted order on the Orders page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Scan to verify and print page

I want to see in Ship Station in the future of the scan page, I would recommend putting the customer's note in the View Buyer/Recipient Information. And adding the order status on the upper column. Like we only open one screen but you have all the information of the order.

Shipment / Order / Ship to / Status

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There is not sufficient inventory to fulfill this shipment

Warning message "There is not sufficient inventory to fulfill this shipment" doesn't allow label to be printed. If user elects to not have ShipStation track inventory, why can't the label be printed? This is a huge inconvenience. I'm unable to get a timely response from your support team (have to wait 3 days) and I have to use a backup shipment method. Not good.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base