Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. batch number manifest

In the last 48-72 hours there has been a change in the Shipment Manifest where we no longer are given the batch number associated with the Manifest. This was helpful in charting quality assurance for shipments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. scan to ship

We are using the scan to ship feature but have noticed that it does not give us a warning if the address has failed verification. We receive an error if the address is missing information, not when it is invalid or showing a warning. This allows a label to be created and a package shipped without our team knowing that the address has failed verification. A warning within the scan to ship flow would be wonderful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Removing Outstanding & Expired Return Labels

We have 2 Stamps.com returns labels that were both issued by customers on 7-13-20, and subsequently both never used. Though we do our best to catch labels before they age past the Stamps.com 28 day return window (for the provider to request a void and refund), these two we caught too late.

We couldn't get the refunds, but that wasn't a big deal. The problem is that we've been trying for months to cancel/void them, just so they are removed out of the queue, and they're just stuck there.

After contacting SS support they advised that these types of labels…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. automated label creation

Allow automated label printing:
    Use case: Saturday and Sunday warehouse is closed, but customers keep ordering and we get late shipment rates.
    Instead of removing options to 'ship' on weekends, which reduces sales, we want to have labels printed and order confirmation to send to customers to avoid late shipping.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set the Ship Date to the next "Business" day after cut-off time, instead of "calendar" day

Set the Ship Date to the next "Business" day (instead of "Calendar" Day) if the time is after XXXX
    (See attachment)

It will give all Friday USPS orders the correct ship date to be Monday, instead of Saturday, when USPS is closed.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom Promotion Offer on Third Shipping Label

Can we automate ShipStation to print a third label with our custom promotion offer? Every order will print three labels.
    1) Shipping Label
    2) Packing List Label
    3) Promotion Label
    Users would LOVE this feature! Thank You, Mr Topes Golf

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Customizing label per shipment without adding new Ship From Location

I was trying to find a way to change the "Ship From" Name without adding a new ship from location and I have been made aware that this is currently not an option. I would like to be able to have each Department and Salesperson in my business be able to edit the one existing Ship From Location to Reflect their name without having to add all of them separately. That would entail having 40 plus Ship From locations. If I could have the one business name and address saved with a way to edit the name attached to the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatic Ship-Date Change On Holidays

Currently shipstation automatically changes the ship-date if creating shipping labels on a holiday. This causes issues with our FedEx 2-Day packages because they are unable to accept packages with the incorrect ship-date.

We would like to request to disable this feature. USPS does not mind if the shipdate is wrong, however FedEx requires the correct shipdate when shipping Express. It is a pointless feature to have since it negatively effects other labels within the same batch.

Today we had 250+ FedEx 2-Day packages that could not go out because of this useless feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow periods in shipping automation dimensions

automation rule > dimensions. Please allow periods! Dimensions need periods. Fedex one rate requires specific demensions. Fedex one rate allows for flat rate 2 day delivery, which means you can do seller fulfilled prime WITHOUT GIVING YOUR INVENTORY TO AMAZON. THIS IS AMAZING. but I have to put dimensions that have periods, and its crazy to do this manually for each order

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use 3rd party accounts to pay for taxes and duties

We would like to option to use 3rd party brokerage accounts to pay for taxes and duties when shipping internationally.
    Right now, you do not have that option. You only have either the shipper pays for it or the recipient pays for it.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pick List needs 4x6 Format Option

It is much faster and cheaper to print the picking ticket (Pick List) on the same 4x6 label printer. We've been doing it this way for years on another system. Currently the pick list is formatted only for 8.5x11 paper so if you print it on label paper you can barely read it. Forcing me to print on a laser printer makes me have to go to another room. Please add a 4x6 format to the pick list options. I assure you everyone will love it!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Small labels

I was amazed I couldn't print a page of say 30 address labels for my orders and place stamps on my shipments manually.

I ship face masks and they're small enough to go by stamp and save money, but your system will only let me print courier labels.

In Canada we don't have stamps.com and I simply want to print labels and attach postage myself.

Hopefully in the future you can do this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ShipStation Connect Printing Different Sized Labels

I think this is more a neccessity than a request!

We would like to automate the printing of different label sizes for different services through ShipStation Connect. We use Australia post and their local label can be printed on a thermal 4x6 label whereas their international express label needs to be printed on a A4 or letter size plain paper. At the moment only one printer can be assigned to label printing. The only way around this, which is a pain in the backside (being polite) is not to define a printer and then select the correct one depending on…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Printing Customer Name Twice on Royal Mail Labels

A new update is now printing the customers name in the customer field and in the company field on the Royal Mail label. I have been told this is a royal mail requirement connected to returns. Clearly this is incorrect! It is a poor solution from Ship Station. The outgoing label and the returns label should be operated differently. Printing the customers details in the name and company field on the outgoing label needs to stop. I now have to go through a manual process to remove the duplication.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow new print template for CN22

In the UK we are meant to use a standard sticker for low value exports that contains informations for the receiving countries customs team to quickly identify the contents of the package.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/106/~/help-with-customs-and-sending-items-abroad

In ShipStation we only have the cusoms invoice which is barely readable when printed to a 6x4 label.
    All it would take to satisfy UK needs would be to add a new customs invoice template in the form of a CN22.

And more advise as of today, 12JUN20.
    https://help.parcel.royalmail.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015472614-Adding-customs-information-to-your-products

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Attach Doc to ShipStation Order

I use ShipStation to connect my 3PL to Shopify for order fulfillment. I drop ship orders for several marketplaces (Faire, RangeMe, Maisonette) that I sell through which require that I attach custom invoices. I'm looking for a simple "attach PDF" functionality that could live, for example, in the order notes section. It would look a lot like the link at the bottom of this word box that says "attach a file". It would allow me to associate packing slips with orders for my 3PL. The workaround for this is so brutal that I may have to leave shipstation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. List All Shipments in manifest, not just master

We use our shipping manifest to help accounting audit our FedEx bill every month. They'll match up our tracking numbers to our invoice to make sure FedEx isn't charging extra on the invoice.

We're having trouble with multi box shipments though. Currently only the master tracking number is listed, which leaves accounting scrambling every month to find the other tracking numbers.

If nothing else, giving us the ability to select "Master Only" or "All Tracking Numbers" would help.

Thanks for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. batch labels

Please add the leading batch label back when printing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add End of Day support for Fedex 2Day and express

Fedex now has there equivalent of postal service with their FedEx Express service. Anywhere in the US including Hawaii and Alaska in 2 Days guaranteed for $8.99.

Shipstation only supports ground shipments on an End of Day report for FedEx or UPS.

we ship hundreds of FedEx express a day and would like to make a end of day scan sheet for them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Install Connect on only the workstation to print from and let all others print to it without needing to install Connect.

Install Connect on only the workstation to print from and let all others print to it without needing to install Connect.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base