Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need one or two customizable fields on shipping label when not creating an order

Shipstation is great, but, it should not require an order to be generated in order to get customizable fields on the shipping label or to ship third party. We create our orders in another program not compatible with Shipstation but we love to ship our orders using Shipstation. Why should we have to create an order twice just to get extra fields on the shipping labels? UPS Worldship and other programs have that ability. We depend on being able to enter: Quantity, SKU(s) as well as Invoice or PO # on the label so our warehouse can pull/pack and verify…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Place option for Product Variation on the shipping label-Such as color or size

Right now We have limited option to place within 3 lines on the shipping label (Sku, title...)

It would be of great help and better work flow to be able to see the product variation on the label as well.

This way, if you have the sku there, then right under on the next line you can see what color or size the item is as well.

I think this would be of great help to many of us.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Unable To Print Multiple Package Order Labels Under New Updates

We have many orders that require multiple packages to be sent for the same order. We used to be able to highlight the labels and print all labels for the order right from the order screen. Now we have to create the labels, then leave the order, go to the shipments screen, and find each label and select them then print the labels. It was a great function for B2B business that do volume, now it's gone and utterly inconvenient and opens up our processes to mistakes...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add support for the Stamps.com P2 2.25" x 7.5" thermal printer!!!!!!!!

Please add support for the Stamps.com P2 2.25" x 7.5" thermal printer!!!!!!!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

5. I'd like to have a column header for 'Payment Date' on the "Orders::ShipStation" page

I'd like to have a column header for 'Payment Date' on the "Orders::ShipStation" page. I want to know how many days have expired since each order was paid for because ebay uses this to score seller status (e.g. Top Seller). 'Order Date' is not that important to me. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

6. Adding attachant to

It would be amazing to add an attachment to my orders. I work with a wide variety of distributors and inevitably need to manually enter sales data so that everything stays in shipstation. This increases my processing time, margin of error and general frustration. I would love to be able to attach their specific packing slip so there is no confusion in the sales process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option for Letterhead/Logo Upload for Commercial Invoices

FedEx is pushing all of their clients to include a letterhead or logo when printing Commercial Invoices. More and more countries are requiring this. If not included, packages are likely to get held up in customs incur fees.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add "Source" to packing slip

When I look at the ORDERS screen or the SHIPMENTS screen, I can view a column called "Source". I want to print that on the packing slip. For us, this is Amazon, eBay, Sears, Walmart, or BigCommerce. Since our customer doesn't always order directly from us, it would be a big help for this information to be included on the packing slip.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SKU number include on the label with bigger format

Please put SKU number include on the label with bigger format instead of setting it as a small message. Really hard to see the sku number with small format like this. I was using teapplix before and their sku number once big and clear on the shipping label. Also sku number can NOT be added on international label. Please help and solve this issue

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. separator

Our staff that actually pick and ship orders much prefer to use the Order Summaries as the primary document when processing an order. This is because it has the most necessary information and because they can usually fit multiple orders per printed page.

However, they point out that the Item Quantity is across the page from Item SKU, which makes it easy to get mixed between multiple line items, especially when working quickly.

Adding Line Item separators would solve them quite well. The lines could be dotted or a lighter grey if neccessary, to not confuse a line-item-separator with an…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dynamically print the product name in the actual color of the product

Many of my products come in multiple colors, and a common error my shippers make is to send the wrong color. It would be awesome if the product name could print out on the packing slip in the actual color of the product.
    So "Large widget - Blue" would print out in blue on the packing slip
    and "Medium widget - Red" would print out in red

My products also come in 2 sizes, so I would also use this to have a custom color for each size, so my packers could easily see which size by the color

From…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dynamic Label Branding per Store

Looking for different branding TEXT per store. Dynamic Logo works fine, but need to brand text too - Please.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. International label on the fly

Add option to print international labels on the fly rather than having to go to Options and change to a different printer (regular paper printer), and then switch back to thermal printer for domestic labels.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pick list order items by warehouse location - Secondary filter alphanumerically

We are having issues between SkuVault and ShipStation integration in regards to picklist locations. After chatting with a support rep, we are realizing that shipstation doesn't have a resolution to this currently.

The resolution would be to add an option to the Order Items by Warehouse Location Alphanumerically. (secondary sort?)

Shipstation currently has a sort by Warehouse location but when there are multiple locations, the location with less inventory is that displays first, which in our case is inaccurate. SkuVaults Policy is to pick based on alphanumeric. Shipstation and SkuVault need to have the ability to work on the same…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add logged in users First and Last name to Packing Slip

We keep track of the person who packed each order by manually signing each packing order. Would be nice to have the ability to add the First and Last name of the logged in user to the Packing Slip. At the moment this field in not available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add field "Total Shipping Cost" into any Archived Batch

Hello guys, I'm just curious is it possible to add one extra field on archived batches contained "Total Shipping Cost as it set up in "Shipment Manifest"? In this case I will see daily how much will be charged from Stamps.com for any batch and easy will compare it with my bank account . Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Custom HTML Shipment Letter

In the templates section of the dashboard, it would be nice to have a 3rd option for a package 8.5x11 insert. For example, a thank you letter or instructions. Here is an example of an HTML letter I made hoping that I could have print from ShipStation in our warehouse for each package and use custom variables like customer name and order number to personalize it. It would be similar to the current customize option, but just a single WYSIWYG HTML editor to customize your own letter. Here's my HTML example: http://cvfracing.com/v/vspfiles/files/fonts/CVFLetterheadPurchase.html

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ORDER SUMMARY

When filling orders from an Order Summary Report, it makes more sense to have the "qty" to left of "title", rather than across the page. See attached pdf

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automate SmartPost Label Character Limit Split

Allow the customer's address to automatically split and populate the second line on a SmartPost label if it breaches the 30 character limit. Currently it's just a warning message that can be easily missed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Specify item weight for custom deceleration doesn't exist or working

For Customs declaration requirements, if we have orders with different items with different weight - the commercial invoice created by SS doesn't actually use the weight that was setup for the product but instead seems to use the package weight and dividing it evenly amount all the items. If there was one item that let's say weighed 20lbs and another item weighed only 1 pound for a total of 21 lbs. SS is inputting both items as weighing 10.50 lbs EACH. This is wrong and should be corrected. Any work around or others having this issue?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base