Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When batch printing, have 4"x6" thermal labels and 8.5"x11" packing slips print in the same order

We batch print our packing slips and labels at the same time based on our batch picking. We have warehouse locations setup within the product database in anticipation of having labels and packing slips print out following "Warehouse Location a-z". This works fine if orders only contain a single item, and we don't have duplicate SKUs on more than one order.

My main issue arises with the 60% of my order that contain more than one SKU. When I print packing slips and shipping labels for a batch of orders, the labels and slips do not print out in the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. add printing a registered mail label while shipping out using canada post.

I would like to recommend to add printing a registered mail label while shipping out using canada post. So far it only allows to print shipment with xpresspost, priority, regular and expedited

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to hide products within woocommerce bundles on shipping label

We are currently using a plugin which is available through Woocommerce called product bundles which you can see here:

https://woocommerce.com/products/product-bundles/

This plug-in gives us the ability to sell bundles of different products though our site while being able to track each individual product within our inventory.

On the Wordpress front end we can hide each individual product on the email and check out so that if a person purchases a bundle they just see the bundle name and price. The whole time within the orders on the back end it still tracks each product within the bundle.

When we use…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 4 x 4 Labels

Hi,

We currently use DPD as we were doing international shipping and are happy with their rates. Their printer only prints 4 x 4 labels which the barcode scanner is setup to read throughout the parcel's journey.

I've just been in touch with your help desk and they said you only support 4x6 and 8x11, is there any way you can get 4x4 as one of the settings?

Many thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Package info attached to shipping labels

For multi-package shipments, there NEEDS to be a way to identify which package gets associated with each shipping label. Here's an example...

Product-A = 10 pounds.
    Product-B = 10 pounds.
    Product-C = 10 pounds.

A customer orders one of each. Product-B gets damaged in shipping. How can we know which of the 3 products got damaged when there's no way to identify the tracking number associated with Product-B?

It should be an easy enough thing for ShipStation to make it possible to associate a product ID or product SKU to each specific shipping label. That way we can individually track…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sort By Name On New Order/Return Search

When you create a new order / return and search for a product, the default sort is alphabetical by SKU number. This makes it difficult to search for products as Product Name is more important. Is there anyway to introduce the ability to search by Product Name? Or, remove SKU from the New Order / Return list?

Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add "Source" to packing slip

When I look at the ORDERS screen or the SHIPMENTS screen, I can view a column called "Source". I want to print that on the packing slip. For us, this is Amazon, eBay, Sears, Walmart, or BigCommerce. Since our customer doesn't always order directly from us, it would be a big help for this information to be included on the packing slip.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Specify item weight for custom deceleration doesn't exist or working

For Customs declaration requirements, if we have orders with different items with different weight - the commercial invoice created by SS doesn't actually use the weight that was setup for the product but instead seems to use the package weight and dividing it evenly amount all the items. If there was one item that let's say weighed 20lbs and another item weighed only 1 pound for a total of 21 lbs. SS is inputting both items as weighing 10.50 lbs EACH. This is wrong and should be corrected. Any work around or others having this issue?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. flip the labels on mac

For mac users there should be an auto detection so we can flip the labels or have an option set to click and it would print upside down instead. if you use provided labels by UPS to print it has the little text on the bottom that is preprinted. Also please change the printer software to ZPL for customers..has more managed support

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Print a 8.5"x11" packing slip automatically when you a 4"x6" shipping label is printed.

We have a 4x6 label printer for the shipping labels and an 8.5x11 printer for packing slips. When we print a 4x6 shipping label we need the 8.5x11 slip will be printed automatically.

We need to print shipping labels and packing slips on two different printers at the same time using one button.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Printing multiple labels (for one order) on 8x11.5 FedEx sheets

Presently it forces you to print two labels on one sheet when you have multiple shipment on one order. The standard FedEx 8.5x11 sheets only have adhesive on the top half. While that would be fine if the bottom half printed the pack list, if you have multiple shipments on the same order, it prints the second label on the non-adhesive half instead of the next sheet. In order to print multiple labels I have to print the same label twice, flipping the second sheet in the printer, to get the second label on adhesive. We are exclusively using a…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow printer commands to be send between shipments

We currently print 100 - 200 shipments a day and once in season will be printing 400 - 1000 shipments each day. We use a printer that has a cutter and have set the print driver to have the printer cut every other label. This works great until it hits a shipment that has enough line items so that the packing slip overflows to a second page. After that point, every label/packing slip is out of sync, with labels all attached to the wrong slips. This happens and creates a huge mess without warning.

If ShipStation allowed us to insert…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New 26 character short field for Product Name / Dynamic Label Messages

ShipStation currently provides the ability to print 3 custom messages on shipping labels, including dynamic information about the order.

Our feature request is for ShipStation to allow us to assign a "shortcode" for each Product Name, such that if the product name is longer than 26 characters we can assign a shortcode for Label Printing that may be different than the full name of the product shown on the Packing Slip and Pick List.

For example, the full name of the product shown on the packing slip may be "Joe's All Natural Hot Sauce, Red Pepper 12 oz." while the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include order information on insurance invoices

Currently, invoices for insurance charges do not show which orders the insurance charges are applied to. While it is possible to see a list view of orders with a column showing insurance information, it does not offer more insight in this situation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dimension requirements for specific carriers

As FedEx requires dimensions for accurate shipping charges, I believe ShipStation users would value from the ability to set requirements for shipping labels, such as dimensions, that would not allow for label creation without certain fields being met. They seem to already have that for the shipment weight, which makes sense.
    Adding that functionality for dimensions would make it so shippers are not charged extra on their shipments from carriers like FedEx due to dimensions not being entered.

Let me know what you all think!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Generate picklist numbers

Hi,

It would be a great option to be able to generate a picklist and get a picklist number, like this the packing guy in the warehouse can ship according to the picklist and not get confused when new orders are flowing in.

I have been using that option in a different shipping system that was a great option.

(unfortunately i cant use that anymore since changed systems and not compatible with them anymore.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. customs form

Have the option to input all values for customs forms.

After printing the labels, I manually write (with a pen) the importer's contact, exporter's reference, and exporter's contact. There are other fields one could input too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. custom forms enable or disable button

I would like to suggest that you put a Disable buttong for the custom forms being automatically sent to the shipping provider. This is affecting our workflow and we keep having problems with DHL shipments because DHL are using the automatic forms sent from Shipstation instead of the commercial invoices that we include directly on each shipment. We have our own template, as we need to include more details, but when DHL uses the form sent via Shipstation, they do not use the one included on the shipment, this creates delays and errors in the shipments, which in turns causes…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Walmart Pickup At Store Labels

Walmart requires all orders which are "Pickup At Store" to have a UCC128 ASN Label. I have contracted a 3rd party developer to make this label for me. The label is complete and uploaded into my Shipstation account.

The problem is that I can only upload the template to the Packing Slip document type. I still need the default packing slip so I am forced to open each order individually and select my Template and then print to get the 2nd required label for my package.

I am requesting that an additional document type be added to ShipStation that I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dynamic Label Branding per Store

Looking for different branding TEXT per store. Dynamic Logo works fine, but need to brand text too - Please.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base