Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Commercial Invoice currency default by store

If I had it my way I would ask for the commercial invoice currency to be defaulted by store and manually switchable in the customs information section for each order. This way the correct details (including currency) are submitted to this shipper before the creation of any customs documents. And the shipper should have full control with the ability to default the currency based on the specific store or marketplace.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Default printing Packing Slips per store.

As a 3PL, we have a client that only has 2 sku's . We group the orders by Skus, then create batches. The batches could be hundreds of orders, but all the same configuration (Sku 1, Sku 2, or both). So there is no need for packing slips here. We have other customers that have multiple skus and configurations, so packing slips would make sense. It would be nice to set the default on printing packing slips per store so that we don't have to turn it on and off depending on which store we are going to fulfill.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. UPS Mail Innovations - Customs Line item

Mail Innovations does not allow more than 1 line item on the customs declaration document. There is no current way on the product page to consolidate all of the items into one line item in bulk. I have to individually open each order and delete line items.

For example:
    Create a preset group for these orders - Cotton Clothing - condense declaration line items to one line

Right now it creates separate line items on the declarations for each line item on the order.

I hope this makes sense!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Develop to support 4 x 4 labels for use with DPD

Develop to support using 4 x 4 labels

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to print on 4x6.25" thermal labels so those of us using UPS can get our labels for free.

Ability to print on 4x6.25" thermal labels so those of us using UPS can get our labels for free.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ETD Supplementary Documentation Submission Feature

We need the ability to upload a PDF document for ETD submission with Fedex. This for example could be a department of transportation certification document or something similar. Fedex Ship manager supports this feature so shouldn't be to hard to build it out.

Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. User Specific Printing Order

Allow users to choose their preferred printing sort order. Our pickers like to print by SKU, but our packers need to print with no order so they print in the order they were batched. Solution: Do not keep document print options exclusively account-wide, allow users to choose their preferred printing sort order.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Print package description on label

When there is a multi-package shipment, we write the package contents into the "Description" field for each package. It would be great if that field could be printed onto the label, just like [Sku #1] can.

A different option would be to restructure the package creation altogether so that you can assign the products and quantities to boxes. This would allow ShipStation to know what you are putting into each package and therefore print the package contents onto the label.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Custom field #1 should be available from the "order details" report under "Shipments"

Exporting from the Shipments tab, we use the order details report for our accounting. The Quickbooks Connex integration has not worked for us, so we manually upload our orders every day.

We use the order details report, which has "tracking #" and the item breakdown. But this order details report does NOT have custom field #1 available as a data point for export.

The order details report under the "orders" tab does have Custom field #1, but it does not have Tracking # as a field for export.

A key data point is missing from each report. It would be…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. default phone number

When there is no customer phone number provided, default to the store's phone number. Right now, when there is no phone number for a customer, the default for FedEx labels is 999-999-9999. This is not helpful should the Carrier need to contact us regarding the delivery of the order and we do not have a customer phone number to provide.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. looking to see if you can put the message label printed on the label for services of surepost and mail innovations. shipworks does it

looking to see if you can put the message label printed on the label for services of surepost and mail innovations. shipworks does it

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SKU number include on the label with bigger format

Please put SKU number include on the label with bigger format instead of setting it as a small message. Really hard to see the sku number with small format like this. I was using teapplix before and their sku number once big and clear on the shipping label. Also sku number can NOT be added on international label. Please help and solve this issue

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Labels

Would like to see the labels printed with bigger/bolder fonts. The current software we are looking to switch from print them bolder and with a little bigger font. Its hard to see in the warehouse to cross reference order PO's on the label when printed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Making International Shipping more efficient

Some of these ideas have been partially covered by other suggestions, but I wanted to roll it all together as (For me at least) it's a very common scenario and subsequent workflow.

Each time I receive a DHL order (which I'm trying to promote, since USPS is hopeless for international, and FedEx and UPS are pricey), I have to do the following:

• Print the label (1 click)

• Print the customs form (1 click)

• copy the customs form to get the 3 required copies

What I'd suggest happens is that since I've printed the label, I must have the customs form,…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello! It would be great to see the available inventory on a Picklist, perhaps next to the location. What we would ultimately need to do is

Hello! It would be great to see the available inventory on a Picklist, perhaps next to the location. What we would ultimately need to do is export that picklist into a program to identify full out of stock and partially out of stock orders to make purchase orders to give to manufacturing.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Inventory Locations and Quantities on Pick List and Packing Slip are planned work. We assume the orders would have to be allocated first, or should all the item locations be listed? Let us know!

16. Commercial Invoice Content Types

We sell books and educational materials overseas. We would like to have the drop down menu on "content types" on the commercial invoice default settings to include books and educational materials as our customers will pay less customs/duties with that designation. The "merchandise" option is requiring our customers to pay more in taxes and duties. Please help...

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want to be able to customize all of our printable options such as Packing Slip, Order Summary and Pick List.

The way you have these set up now I can only customize the Packing slip which is great, but I also need to customize the order summary so that our seamstresses can see the order and any notes left by the customer without seeing the customers actual address and information. The way you have them set up now is functional but it would be great to be able to optimize these for each of our individual businesses.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow <script> tags in document templates e.g. packing slip

Allowing scripts in packing slips would enable vastly more powerful customization.

You could reference external data from a server e.g. serial numbers.

You could implement complex customs declarations and make the packing slip match. For example, if you have an item you don’t want to make a declaration for, such as an add-on or surcharge, it currently still shows up in packing slips, which customs officers may delay approval over.

You could do arithmetic and so much more for custom tabulation.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shipping Label Format Printing

We print either 4" x 6" or 4″ × 6″ (w/ Packing Slip) labels interchangeably depending on the type or size of order. We'd like the ability to switch between the two selections on the fly without having to navigate away from advanced or complicated custom searches.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. shipconnect startup

Can you please create a button
    "Launch ship connect on startup"

It's a pain in the the but to open ship connect every time we log into shipstation.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base