Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Labels

Would like to see the labels printed with bigger/bolder fonts. The current software we are looking to switch from print them bolder and with a little bigger font. Its hard to see in the warehouse to cross reference order PO's on the label when printed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Making International Shipping more efficient

Some of these ideas have been partially covered by other suggestions, but I wanted to roll it all together as (For me at least) it's a very common scenario and subsequent workflow.

Each time I receive a DHL order (which I'm trying to promote, since USPS is hopeless for international, and FedEx and UPS are pricey), I have to do the following:

- Print the label (1 click)
    - Print the customs form (1 click)
    - copy the customs form to get the 3 required copies

What I'd suggest happens is that since I've printed the label, I must have…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Export Batch as CSV

Customers can export pick lists as a pdf in a batch, but then they can't export them as CSVs which severely limits our ability to sort them. If we had the ability to sort our batches it would save us a ton of time.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto Print label in Scan to Print

It would be great to have an option to auto create/print the shipping label once an order is entered in Scan to Print. We use packing stations and would like the packers to be able to scan the order, and a shipping label is printed right away without the extra step of confirming the print. Each station packs a few hundred orders a day, so having the extra step of confirming the print slows down our efficiency alot.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currency on Commercial invoices

Currently ShipStaion does not support or allow shippers any control over the currency on a commercial invoice.
    The currency is locked in based on your billing address.
    I would guess that most US sellers couldn't care less since they are always selling in US funds.
    I would also guess that many Canadian shippers are unaware and would be surprised that the currency is not based on the store currency. Furthermore it is incomprehensible that such a complex and system like ShipStation does not allow further control (default overall, per store and again on each order) much like everything else.
    Since…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to be able to customize all of our printable options such as Packing Slip, Order Summary and Pick List.

The way you have these set up now I can only customize the Packing slip which is great, but I also need to customize the order summary so that our seamstresses can see the order and any notes left by the customer without seeing the customers actual address and information. The way you have them set up now is functional but it would be great to be able to optimize these for each of our individual businesses.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Landscape Packing Slips Needed

We need the option to have landscape packing slips. We sell on Home Depot and need to be able to create landscape packing slips per their guidelines.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Shipping Label Format Printing

We print either 4" x 6" or 4″ × 6″ (w/ Packing Slip) labels interchangeably depending on the type or size of order. We'd like the ability to switch between the two selections on the fly without having to navigate away from advanced or complicated custom searches.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add shipping method to pick sheet

It would really help our shipping department if you could add the shipping method to the pick sheet.

This is nice for our department so that they can just see on the pick sheet if it is will call or has special shipping details.

Every time we have a will call order it does not scan and it has them believe there is a greater issue, but if it was simply added to the pick sheet they would know before they scanned.

They are not the most technical people so when we put a rule to flag it on shipstation…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello! It would be great to see the available inventory on a Picklist, perhaps next to the location. What we would ultimately need to do is

Hello! It would be great to see the available inventory on a Picklist, perhaps next to the location. What we would ultimately need to do is export that picklist into a program to identify full out of stock and partially out of stock orders to make purchase orders to give to manufacturing.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Inventory Locations and Quantities on Pick List and Packing Slip are planned work. We assume the orders would have to be allocated first, or should all the item locations be listed? Let us know!

11. QR

Looking for QR code support. We currently add the clunky old barcodes to our packing slips and would be able to work much faster and more efficiently with QR. PLEASE!!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Printing orders as they look on order page

I would like to print out my orders the way they look when I open the order page with an image and all of the order details (order page) not they way they look as a pick list, packing slip or order summery. I make lots of different items that have many custom details and I need to be able to print out a comprehensive order summary for my custom items so we can better keep track and have better organization, is there some smart programer over there make this happen?

Needed:
    Item
    Item details (custom options)
    Item image
    Shipping…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Company Column to Shipment Manifest

The Shipment Manifest currently only lists the Recipient column to identify the orders (in addition to the Order #). While this is fine for Retail Shipments to individuals, we are unable to identify shipments to our Wholesale customers at a glance because we know those by their Company Name and not necessarily by the recipient's individual name. The manifest would be much more useful if the Company Column were added, or at least provided as an option in Document Settings to turn on/off.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option for Letterhead/Logo Upload for Commercial Invoices

FedEx is pushing all of their clients to include a letterhead or logo when printing Commercial Invoices. More and more countries are requiring this. If not included, packages are likely to get held up in customs incur fees.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Print packing lists twice per page

Add the ability to print packing lists twice per page. One copy goes to the customer, the other is kept as a record with the packing person's check marks and sign-off.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need one or two customizable fields on shipping label when not creating an order

Shipstation is great, but, it should not require an order to be generated in order to get customizable fields on the shipping label or to ship third party. We create our orders in another program not compatible with Shipstation but we love to ship our orders using Shipstation. Why should we have to create an order twice just to get extra fields on the shipping labels? UPS Worldship and other programs have that ability. We depend on being able to enter: Quantity, SKU(s) as well as Invoice or PO # on the label so our warehouse can pull/pack and verify…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Packing Slip Templates

Realtime and/or GUI editing of Packing Slip templates would be helpful, vs html and downloading samples. Also downloading and being able to upload to another ShipStation account would be helpful as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Back ordered items on packing list

I like that we can split orders and keep what we've shipped separate from what we haven't shipped. Is there a way to present the items that are back ordered to the customer on the packing list? When you split the order, it just shows what you're shipping, need it to say that we didn't ship something as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatic correct of French addresses - DO NOT add the state

When using Automatic Correction of international addresses, ShipStation should NOT add the state for French addresses as they are NOT used in France.

OR

ShipStation should truncate those state names. Some Carriers (Globegistics) limit this field to 15 chars.

OR

ShipStation should allow users to create rules AFTER verification and correction has been done by ShipStation

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. COMMERCIAL INVOICE

Shipstation allows you to import separate SOLD TO information (different than SHIP TO information). This information is NOT passed on to the COMMERCIAL INVOICE in the SOLD TO/IMPORTER section.

I spoke with FedEx Web Services and all ShipStation needs to do is use the tag "CustomsClearanceDetail/ImporterOfRecord" and the Commercial Invoice will be correct (see attachement pg 531).

Currently ShipStation only allows the CONSIGNEE to be the SOLD TO/IMPORTER which is not always the case.

Please add this tag to your software. I've seen other requests for this as well.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base