Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add field "Total Shipping Cost" into any Archived Batch

Hello guys, I'm just curious is it possible to add one extra field on archived batches contained "Total Shipping Cost as it set up in "Shipment Manifest"? In this case I will see daily how much will be charged from Stamps.com for any batch and easy will compare it with my bank account . Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. e-bay condition

hello. the e-bay preset conditions are missing from the title (i.e new with tags, new without tags, new with box, new without box, new with defects, used, manufacturer refurbished, seller refurbished, for parts or not working)

i would like to have this show on the packing slips

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Own Fulfilment Option for Countries whose postal system is not in your options

Firstly, I love your product and have been using it for a number of years now. BUT there is an issue I have raised a number of times which does not seem to get a look in, but I think it would expand your customer base to other countries.

I ship from a country in South East Asia and only send via local post. Therefore, I cannot print shipping labels. I think this is a big oversight assuming that everyone has accounts with the post offices you have listed and does not help people whose postal system is not listed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Schedule hours to print

Add the ability to schedule printing hours. For example, schedule on Ship-station that you can only print orders from 8am until 5pm and the rest of the hours blocked from printing orders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The custom paper work for international UPS orders is not generating a signature on the customs paper work.

The custom paper work for international UPS orders is not generating a signature on the customs paper work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. audio alerts for new batches

It would be great if ship station had an audio alert for when a new batch is completed and ready to be printed. Our Operations team is in a different part of the building than our shipping area, so it would be great to know when a new batch has been generated without having to get up and go check.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add printing a registered mail label while shipping out using canada post.

I would like to recommend to add printing a registered mail label while shipping out using canada post. So far it only allows to print shipment with xpresspost, priority, regular and expedited

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add tag to packing slip

We need the ability to include the "Assigned To" and "Tags" fields on packing slips. We assign orders to a specific customer care rep, and since the packing slip follows an order through our production process, it would save a lot of time if we could include the "Assigned To" field on the packing slip somewhere.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. profit or loss instant calculation

Please move the Shipping PAid below the current rate.
    Also add an instant profit/ loss calculation below

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the option for custom fields in return labels and labels using the "Customers" tab

We sell return labels to our customers but in order to send one to them, we have to create a shipping label, void it, then create a return label. We can create a return label using the "Customers" tab but the option to add custom fields is not offered. We need to add order number and reason for product return to the label itself for internal organization. Please add that feature as right now in order to void labels we have to copy and paste every order for a return label into the UPS website and create the label there.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ship each item on order with own shipping label

I have shipment ready packaging and do NOT want to combine all items on an individual order into one box. There should be a checkmark or something in settings where we can indicate to Shipstation whether we want items bundled into 1 box or shipped individually. Right now I have to manually break apart orders so 1 shipping label is created for item on order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Put batch in the order that we scan the packing slip

we use a scanner to add orders to a batch so that we may print all first class orders at once, then all priority orders at once, and all express orders at once, ect... The problem is that as they are added to the batch, shipstation puts the orders in order by age so newest to oldest. for a company like us who ships several hundreds of orders a day we need the batch to be in the order that we scan the packing slips. then when the batch is printed it would print in the order which we scanned…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! And are you referring to when you view these orders within the batch view in the orders page in ShipStation?

Or is this on the shipments page/when you print out the batches?

13. shipstation api printing

I think it would be useful to allow printing through ShipStation Connect via API.
    This way one could automate the printing process and improve productivity

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. International label on the fly

Add option to print international labels on the fly rather than having to go to Options and change to a different printer (regular paper printer), and then switch back to thermal printer for domestic labels.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need a custom product field that allows a lot more characters and doesn't add anything in it before the data.

Need to send a string of data per product to use glyphs to generate an image to be displayed in an iFrame. It works, but most fields are only 100 chars so it gets truncated. We need 500+ chars. Were told by ShipStation that Image URL is 500, however, it adds a URL to the beginning of the string which makes it useless for this purpose. Please give us custom product fields with the ability to have larger char sizes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Consolidate scan forms

There should be a way to consolidate scan forms into a single document. We have three separate brands that all ship from the same address. They have to be set up as separate "ship from" locations for branding purposes. But, there's no need to present so many different scan forms to the post office.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to bring this up! To reduce the number of ship from locations and scan forms you have to generate, you can override the company name of your ship from using your store settings.

As seen in the first picture here, the checkbox under “Company Name” needs to be checked off: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003856207

And once you’ve done that, the store’s company name will always be used on the ship from address so you’ll be free to have one ship from location!

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forum if you have any questions or if this wasn’t what you were referring to.

17. pdf label

It's quite obvious that when an RMA is generated via Amazon, that you can't upload a PFD. So, why would you system spit out a PFD, I can't use it. So, I have to change the format by going to a third party site or making other changes via my document properties. This is't a voting matter, its common sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reduce Packing Slip Margin To 0 (or at least less than the current 0.5" limit)

We need to print packing slips on vendor-supplied stock that has requires the ability to reduce our packing slip margins to less than the 1/2 inch minimum currently allowed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to customise address on packing slip

Right now when you try to customise packing slip using html editor it only has one field for recipient address which is formatted in such a way that everything is on one line.
    It would really help to have fields for address line 1, 2, city, post code etc. So it can be formatted to user preference. Especially for UK sellers like myself, where address needs to be in a certain format.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Transition Time to Shipped Status included on Packing Slip Field Replacement Variables

We wanted to add the time it took for an order to transition to shipped status to the packing slip. A Packing Slip Field Replacement is currently not available for this. It would be nice to have that variable in handy. To show our customers how much time it took for an order to be completed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base