Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chronological Pick List

I would like my shipping team to pull and ship items in the order of which they are received.

Please add the option "Order Items By: Age"

Furthermore, it would be great if the pick listed printed in the exact order of the way you configure the awaiting shipments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Shortcut / Faster Way to Add a message to "Custom Field "1 on Shipping labels

This is the longest part of shipping process right now. I usually select several items , choose other actions > Apply Bulk Action> set custom field one, add the message , and then Apply. I'd love a short cut or a hotkey for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Continue to next line or wraparound for "Label Messages"

Currently many of our SKUs are too long to fit on one line, but we only use 2 of the 3 available lines.

We would love to have the option for longer SKUs to continue onto line 3 instead of cutting off at line 2.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Highlight quantity on order summary

On a previous shipping software I used the packing list generated had a red circle around product quantities greater than 1 to draw attention to it. With Shipstation I use the order summary to print a document for me to prepare orders for packing. This doesn't highlight when more than one of a product has been ordered and I've missed it on occasion. I imagine it would be a simple fix and would make life a lot easier for me as currently I have to print and highlight them manually with a pen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Label messages for UPS UK

Are you able to fix an issue so that label messages can be sent to UPS UK please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dynamically print the product name in the actual color of the product

Many of my products come in multiple colors, and a common error my shippers make is to send the wrong color. It would be awesome if the product name could print out on the packing slip in the actual color of the product.
    So "Large widget - Blue" would print out in blue on the packing slip
    and "Medium widget - Red" would print out in red

My products also come in 2 sizes, so I would also use this to have a custom color for each size, so my packers could easily see which size by the color

From…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. end of the day

It would be great if I don't print an End of the Day report by my cut off time each day and there are shipments, an End of the Day report would be automatically created for me.

Often times I'm busy packing and or get caught on Saturday without manually creating a report and by the time I go to create one I'm no longer able to. So I have many packages that actually have been delivered and received by the post office but the tracking number for those orders don't show it. Furthermore, I have no proof that it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For packing slip customization, is it possible to map Delivery Time (time in transit) onto the packing slip itself for printing?

For packing slip customization, is it possible to map Delivery Time (time in transit) onto the packing slip itself for printing? For example, USPS Priority Mail has a 1-Day, 2-Day, and 3-Day ship. ShipStation could draw this information from the Stamps.com API or FedEx API to provide transit time to warehouse personnel who are viewing the 8.5" x 11" packing slip.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @John, thanks for bringing up delivery time on your packing slips! We would like to see interest from other users on this before moving forward. In the meantime, there may be other fields that could help like [Requested Shipping Service] or, if you would like to enter this data in yourself, you may want to look into [Custom Field 1].

9. Automate SmartPost Label Character Limit Split

Allow the customer's address to automatically split and populate the second line on a SmartPost label if it breaches the 30 character limit. Currently it's just a warning message that can be easily missed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pick List - Option to Total at SKU Level Ignoring Ship Method

On the pick list, it would be really help for each line item to be totaled at the sku level.

Our pick list is printing with the same sku on seperate lines because the skus have different shipping methods.

This means we have to total each line to figure out how many of that single sku to pick...

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Page Numbers

Please add the capability to number packing slips printed from Batches in the order they are organized on the batch screen.

Example:
    If the screen is organized by AGE, then the oldest packing slip in the batch should receive page # 1 and each newer packing slip will increase to the next number. This is a powerful organization tool for packing procedure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unable To Print Multiple Package Order Labels Under New Updates

We have many orders that require multiple packages to be sent for the same order. We used to be able to highlight the labels and print all labels for the order right from the order screen. Now we have to create the labels, then leave the order, go to the shipments screen, and find each label and select them then print the labels. It was a great function for B2B business that do volume, now it's gone and utterly inconvenient and opens up our processes to mistakes...

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Multiple Shipstation Connect accounts

I run an order fulfillment center and we use the Shipstation accounts of dozens and dozens of companies in order to get their orders out. However, as we are starting to switch from giant batch prints to printing one by one using Shipstation Connect, we run into the issue of having to log out and log in to every Shipstation Connect account. It's slows down the process SO much.

IF there was a way to just have Shipstation Connect run on the computer, or have multiple accounts signed in at a time, that would be so beneficial for us and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. UPS Canada label NO reference fields printed

Hi, your customer service told me the UPS label only prints the reference fields when using the UPS US account. We are located in Canada so we use UPS Canada account. I think this should be a simple fix to talk to UPS Canada to update your connection with them so when we use shipstation to print out the label when ship via UPS. The reference will be printed as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please Provide the ability to print each Order Summary Report on its own page

Please Provide the ability to print each Order Summary Report on its own page

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. address field split to fit shipping label

Packing Slip - Print Shipping Label
    We currently used combined packing slip with a peelable shipping label.
    The address field in not able to be broken down to fit inside this shipping lable which is causing issues on long addresses.
    It would be great if we could split by:
    Address line 1
    Address line 2
    Town
    County
    Postcode
    Country

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. label format switching

We should be able to switch between 4x6 and 8x11 with or without packing slip. It is such an important thing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great if we could have labels in batches labeled such as 1 out of 47 etc etc.

It would be great to have numbered orders in a batch because we have a large distribution center that would find that function to be really helpful

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

19. Add field "Total Shipping Cost" into any Archived Batch

Hello guys, I'm just curious is it possible to add one extra field on archived batches contained "Total Shipping Cost as it set up in "Shipment Manifest"? In this case I will see daily how much will be charged from Stamps.com for any batch and easy will compare it with my bank account . Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. e-bay condition

hello. the e-bay preset conditions are missing from the title (i.e new with tags, new without tags, new with box, new without box, new with defects, used, manufacturer refurbished, seller refurbished, for parts or not working)

i would like to have this show on the packing slips

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base