Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. For Channel Advisor Users: Display Available Quantity on Pick List or Packing Slip

Shipstation has a feature for Channel Advisor Integration that can pull Available Quantity from specific Channel Advisor Warehouses and display it in a column in Order Line Items. This information is useful when there may be a small number of units left in stock, but it is only displayed on the order page and cannot be printed on the pick list or packing slip.

All that is needed is a new [Dynamic Field] that can be called in the packing slip template.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. local printer

I would like to print directly to a local printer which has no wireless/google cloud/ or syncstation access. This would be ideally for a chromebook/box user who has an old printer which wont play nice with google cloud print and cant access syncstation because it is a program rather than something online

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show total quantity on the 'ship orders screen' and the packing slip

A common error made in shipping is to package the wrong number of items in the order. It would be helpful to us to have the total number of items to be shipped displayed on the 'ship orders screen' and the packing slip. This enables a simple check to ensure that the number of items shipped is correct.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Thomas, thanks for bringing this up! You can make the item quantities stand out more by editing your packing slip template.

Here’s the article on how you can do this: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206640077

As for adding visibility to multiple quantity orders in the interface, I recommend going into your sidebar and finding item options. Once there, find the gear on the right and check the “Highlight Multiple Quantities” box. This’ll make your order items stand out.

4. Allow for NetStamps Integration

For small packages where the standard 4x6 label won't fit, it'd be great to see a NetStamps solution offered here so people can still print postage without the label and affix to small packages.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. label dimensions

It would be nice to have larger label dimensions than 4"x6" to allow for more impactful branding as well as other necessary information for alcohol shipments.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. quickship

Using Quickship has greatly sped things up in our order processing, but we occasionally encounter issues with warnings being hidden. For example, If an order is canceled by the customer while it is in the process of being picked/shipped, it can still be shipped out since the canceled warning is hidden by using Quickship. This results in additional work and costs for us.

There is a long list of potential errors that are hidden by using Quickship: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/208740268-How-do-I-skip-the-warnings-I-get-while-I-m-creating-a-shipping-label-

It would be nice to be able to either have the ability to select warnings to handle as errors or at least…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. remove coupon code from packing slip

I wish there was an option to remove the coupon code from my packing slips. Currently, when customers use a coupon code, it shows up as an "item" on the packing slip. However, the majority of my orders are given as gifts...they prefer for the recipient not to know that they used a coupon code, but there is no option to remove this on ShipStation packing slips.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show total number of items in each order

Hi, When I go to ship an order from Awaiting Shipment::All Orders I press the Order # link and a form comes up with the Order number and Status and a bunch of other information that allows me to ship.

I would like to see the total number of items in the 'Order Items' section because we always check this total against the total number of items we have ready to ship. This is a good way to avoid errors in shipping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Place option for Product Variation on the shipping label-Such as color or size

Right now We have limited option to place within 3 lines on the shipping label (Sku, title...)

It would be of great help and better work flow to be able to see the product variation on the label as well.

This way, if you have the sku there, then right under on the next line you can see what color or size the item is as well.

I think this would be of great help to many of us.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Commercial Invoice Documentation Options

Having the ability to put your tax id or EORI number on the commerical invoices for all carries not only the onces provided on the intial set up now which include UPS, USPS, etc.

Also providing customers the options to edit these documents BEFORE the shipment has been selected to ship. Once you hit the ship button only then the commercial informations populates for you to edit it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Control which fields are scanable in 'Barcode Search' function

Control which fields are scannable in 'Barcode Search' function. e.g. if you don't want Item Codes to be scannable to create a label untick it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom HTML Shipment Letter

In the templates section of the dashboard, it would be nice to have a 3rd option for a package 8.5x11 insert. For example, a thank you letter or instructions. Here is an example of an HTML letter I made hoping that I could have print from ShipStation in our warehouse for each package and use custom variables like customer name and order number to personalize it. It would be similar to the current customize option, but just a single WYSIWYG HTML editor to customize your own letter. Here's my HTML example: http://cvfracing.com/v/vspfiles/files/fonts/CVF_Letterhead_Purchase.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. printing hotkeys

Currently, when you try to print the full hotkey list under "Support resources" and then "Hotkeys", it provides all hotkeys, including the ones I created, which are listed as "Custom Shipping Presets".

When I go to Print PDF, the "Custom Shipping Presets" are not included in the PDF. I would like to recommend that be included in the PDF or there is a way to have a one pager of all the Hotkeys created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Printing Sequence

I would like if we could choose the printing sequence of labels, slips and return labels to help streamline the shipping process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'd like to have a column header for 'Payment Date' on the "Orders::ShipStation" page

I'd like to have a column header for 'Payment Date' on the "Orders::ShipStation" page. I want to know how many days have expired since each order was paid for because ebay uses this to score seller status (e.g. Top Seller). 'Order Date' is not that important to me. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

16. Autofill shipping fields in multiple item orders

We have many products that a customer can choose to order. To remember the dims for this many items wearies me. Standalone Product Detail has all info in which to autofill the fields in the shipping details. It will do this for single item orders. Why is this not available for multiple item orders? I understand USPS will not support this but UPS & DHL can have multiple items. This would be a game changer for my shipping team & I find it hard to believe that we are alone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ORDER SUMMARY

When filling orders from an Order Summary Report, it makes more sense to have the "qty" to left of "title", rather than across the page. See attached pdf

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. shipment notes

Sometimes customers give us specific instructions, such as Gate Code#, or please leave the shipment on the side of the house. It would be nice to be able take these "customer notes" and give shipping instructions to the carrier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding More Customization to the Order Summary

Would be GREAT if we can add more fields from Shopify into the Order Summary such as Vendor, Product Type, and Location so picking is efficient

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add a 4x5 label option for 4 labels to a page.. it's a money and resource saver!

I don't know how this isn't already an option? Having only 4x6 is so limiting and those who transfer from Stamps I'm sure are used to 4x5 or 4 to a sheet label options. When shipping tons of items, only 2 to a sheet is not cost effective. Besides the 4x6 cause me to have to use larger pricier packaging for small items which wastes more money and resources.
    I'm still shocked this is not a thing yet on here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base