Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. International bar code is undersized

Looking at the USPS requirements (can be found here - https://ribbs.usps.gov/intcustomsforms/documents/tech_guides/GuidelinesforPrivatelyPrintedCustomsDeclarationForms.pdf) the bar code that is printed on International labels is under sized. This makes it difficult for some scanners to pick up the bar code depending on what printer you are using. I'm surprised that ShipStation is adhering to USPS requirements.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hey there!

This is a known issue and our Developers are working on it.

We will let you know once we have any updates on this.

In the meantime, feel free to leave other feedback, votes, and comments for us!
    Thanks.

2. SKUs on Batch Summary

You guy need to add the SKUs on the Batch Summary Page, that's the label that prints at the end of each batch. This feature allow shippers to use the batch for picking when it contains only one SKU, assuming the shipper prints each SKU on it's own batch. The Batch Summary Page would tell you what SKU the labels are for.

Unfortunately the note feature does not work which would have been a work around.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Place option for Product Variation on the shipping label-Such as color or size

Right now We have limited option to place within 3 lines on the shipping label (Sku, title...)

It would be of great help and better work flow to be able to see the product variation on the label as well.

This way, if you have the sku there, then right under on the next line you can see what color or size the item is as well.

I think this would be of great help to many of us.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Unable To Print Multiple Package Order Labels Under New Updates

We have many orders that require multiple packages to be sent for the same order. We used to be able to highlight the labels and print all labels for the order right from the order screen. Now we have to create the labels, then leave the order, go to the shipments screen, and find each label and select them then print the labels. It was a great function for B2B business that do volume, now it's gone and utterly inconvenient and opens up our processes to mistakes...

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export Batch as CSV

Customers can export pick lists as a pdf in a batch, but then they can't export them as CSVs which severely limits our ability to sort them. If we had the ability to sort our batches it would save us a ton of time.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Weight on shipped orders

Please show weight on all shipped orders!

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For packing slip customization, is it possible to map Delivery Time (time in transit) onto the packing slip itself for printing?

For packing slip customization, is it possible to map Delivery Time (time in transit) onto the packing slip itself for printing? For example, USPS Priority Mail has a 1-Day, 2-Day, and 3-Day ship. ShipStation could draw this information from the Stamps.com API or FedEx API to provide transit time to warehouse personnel who are viewing the 8.5" x 11" packing slip.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @John, thanks for bringing up delivery time on your packing slips! We would like to see interest from other users on this before moving forward. In the meantime, there may be other fields that could help like [Requested Shipping Service] or, if you would like to enter this data in yourself, you may want to look into [Custom Field 1].

8. Need one or two customizable fields on shipping label when not creating an order

Shipstation is great, but, it should not require an order to be generated in order to get customizable fields on the shipping label or to ship third party. We create our orders in another program not compatible with Shipstation but we love to ship our orders using Shipstation. Why should we have to create an order twice just to get extra fields on the shipping labels? UPS Worldship and other programs have that ability. We depend on being able to enter: Quantity, SKU(s) as well as Invoice or PO # on the label so our warehouse can pull/pack and verify…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd like to have a column header for 'Payment Date' on the "Orders::ShipStation" page

I'd like to have a column header for 'Payment Date' on the "Orders::ShipStation" page. I want to know how many days have expired since each order was paid for because ebay uses this to score seller status (e.g. Top Seller). 'Order Date' is not that important to me. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

10. Better Packing Slip Customization

We'd like more control over packing slips.

Wouldn't it be nice to include additional information, like a serial or lot #?

What about conditional fields that only show up when certain criteria are met? CSS and automation rule hackery can do some of this but it's so limited.

What about including additional variables like Customs Description and Declared Value for customs officials?

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adding attachant to

It would be amazing to add an attachment to my orders. I work with a wide variety of distributors and inevitably need to manually enter sales data so that everything stays in shipstation. This increases my processing time, margin of error and general frustration. I would love to be able to attach their specific packing slip so there is no confusion in the sales process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow <script> tags in document templates e.g. packing slip

Allowing scripts in packing slips would enable vastly more powerful customization.

You could reference external data from a server e.g. serial numbers.

You could implement complex customs declarations and make the packing slip match. For example, if you have an item you don’t want to make a declaration for, such as an add-on or surcharge, it currently still shows up in packing slips, which customs officers may delay approval over.

You could do arithmetic and so much more for custom tabulation.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add support for the Stamps.com P2 2.25" x 7.5" thermal printer!!!!!!!!

Please add support for the Stamps.com P2 2.25" x 7.5" thermal printer!!!!!!!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

14. flip the labels on mac

For mac users there should be an auto detection so we can flip the labels or have an option set to click and it would print upside down instead. if you use provided labels by UPS to print it has the little text on the bottom that is preprinted. Also please change the printer software to ZPL for customers..has more managed support

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. remove coupon code from packing slip

I wish there was an option to remove the coupon code from my packing slips. Currently, when customers use a coupon code, it shows up as an "item" on the packing slip. However, the majority of my orders are given as gifts...they prefer for the recipient not to know that they used a coupon code, but there is no option to remove this on ShipStation packing slips.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. looking to see if you can put the message label printed on the label for services of surepost and mail innovations. shipworks does it

looking to see if you can put the message label printed on the label for services of surepost and mail innovations. shipworks does it

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. separator

Our staff that actually pick and ship orders much prefer to use the Order Summaries as the primary document when processing an order. This is because it has the most necessary information and because they can usually fit multiple orders per printed page.

However, they point out that the Item Quantity is across the page from Item SKU, which makes it easy to get mixed between multiple line items, especially when working quickly.

Adding Line Item separators would solve them quite well. The lines could be dotted or a lighter grey if neccessary, to not confuse a line-item-separator with an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dynamically print the product name in the actual color of the product

Many of my products come in multiple colors, and a common error my shippers make is to send the wrong color. It would be awesome if the product name could print out on the packing slip in the actual color of the product.
    So "Large widget - Blue" would print out in blue on the packing slip
    and "Medium widget - Red" would print out in red

My products also come in 2 sizes, so I would also use this to have a custom color for each size, so my packers could easily see which size by the color

From…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dynamic Label Branding per Store

Looking for different branding TEXT per store. Dynamic Logo works fine, but need to brand text too - Please.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow "Print Store Logos on Shipping Labels" to be Enabled Per Store

Allow us to choose whether to print store logos on shipping labels for each store. Possibly this could override the broader document settings.

We do not want logos on our shipping labels in most cases, but one vendor we supply for does want their logo on their labels. This causes us to have to switch back and forth between enabling and disabling logo printing each time a batch from their store is printed.

Having this setting in the store settings would easily fix this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base