Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

The ShipStation Feedback Forum collects your ideas and allows you to vote and comment on other ideas so our product team can understand what new features are most important to you or what business challenges we need to address next.

Everyone has 20 votes to spend on ideas that are important to them (but you can comment as much as you like). 

While all ideas will get reviewed, it's simply not possible for all ideas to make it onto the product roadmap. The more activity an idea has, however, the more likely it is to be considered. So, be sure to check if your idea has already been posted so you can add your votes and comments to it! 

Suggestions for Writing a Great Idea Post

• Write a title to succinctly summarize your post. Other users should be able to identify if their idea is similar to yours just by reading the title so they will know to vote and comment on it!
  • Explain the problem you are trying to solve and what you think should be added or changed in ShipStation to solve this problem. 
  • Describe how you would use this feature or how you think it should function to serve your need.
  • Attach a screenshot to help illustrate your point. 
  • Put the idea in the category that best fits what you are trying to accomplish (for example: Order Management, Insights & Reporting, or Printing & Documents).

What to Expect With an Idea 

Our moderators will regularly review posts to ensure:
    • They are categorized in a logical way. If not, they may move them to the proper category. 
    • The title accurately reflects the idea content so others can understand. If not, they may edit the post title to help others identify posts they want to vote and comment on.
    • That posts are really ideas and not bug reports or issues that require contacting our support team. 
    • That any request that has an existing solution or can be accomplished with existing features gets a response to let everyone know a solution or feature already exists and how to learn about it.
Our moderators will also update the statuses of posts as they are considered by our product team. If an idea makes it onto the roadmap, we'll update the idea status from Planned to Started to Completed as work progresses on the idea. If an idea is declined or archived, our moderator will update the status to indicate so and you will receive your votes back to use on other ideas in the future. 

Finally, if more information is needed on an idea, the moderator will post a reply to ask for them. If it is your idea or you have commented on the idea, you should receive an email notification when this occurs.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Promotion Offer on Third Shipping Label

Can we automate ShipStation to print a third label with our custom promotion offer? Every order will print three labels.
    1) Shipping Label
    2) Packing List Label
    3) Promotion Label
    Users would LOVE this feature! Thank You, Mr Topes Golf

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customizing label per shipment without adding new Ship From Location

I was trying to find a way to change the "Ship From" Name without adding a new ship from location and I have been made aware that this is currently not an option. I would like to be able to have each Department and Salesperson in my business be able to edit the one existing Ship From Location to Reflect their name without having to add all of them separately. That would entail having 40 plus Ship From locations. If I could have the one business name and address saved with a way to edit the name attached to the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automatic Ship-Date Change On Holidays

Currently shipstation automatically changes the ship-date if creating shipping labels on a holiday. This causes issues with our FedEx 2-Day packages because they are unable to accept packages with the incorrect ship-date.

We would like to request to disable this feature. USPS does not mind if the shipdate is wrong, however FedEx requires the correct shipdate when shipping Express. It is a pointless feature to have since it negatively effects other labels within the same batch.

Today we had 250+ FedEx 2-Day packages that could not go out because of this useless feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change what key the Scan to View uses in the order details to find an order

We have a proprietary system for fulfillment with our own pick ticket system which includes its own barcode. This works great for all orders that we control the format on. We simply import our orders with the respective barcode value as the orderId and everything works. This does not work for integration setups like Amazon and Ebay because ShipStation controls that import and subsequently the value in the orderId field. Once our warehouse goes to pick the orders there is no relative order that would match up with our data because we didn't initially import the order ourselves. We're going…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use 3rd party accounts to pay for taxes and duties

We would like to option to use 3rd party brokerage accounts to pay for taxes and duties when shipping internationally.
    Right now, you do not have that option. You only have either the shipper pays for it or the recipient pays for it.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pick List needs 4x6 Format Option

It is much faster and cheaper to print the picking ticket (Pick List) on the same 4x6 label printer. We've been doing it this way for years on another system. Currently the pick list is formatted only for 8.5x11 paper so if you print it on label paper you can barely read it. Forcing me to print on a laser printer makes me have to go to another room. Please add a 4x6 format to the pick list options. I assure you everyone will love it!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Buyers Email and Phone number to Packing Slips

We need to add the buyers email address and phone number to the packing slips - this seems like it should be easy considering the buyers email address is in the Buyer/Recipient Sold to info area of the order. We ship out most orders as gifts, so the Recipient email or phone number doesn't do us any good when we really need to contact the buyer not the recipient.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create Barcode for Shipping Label that can be taken to UPS store and they print label

Sometimes Salesperson or Technicians need to ship a package. They can't print a label.

Would like to create a barcode (like what is available on UPS.com) to walk-in to the UPS store, show the barcode on their phone, and then the UPS store can print the label from the barcode.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. price on picklist

Hi, it would be very helpful to have the item price on the Pick List.
    this way ill know where to look for that item, some items I put in a different location based on the price

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ShipStation Connect Printing Different Sized Labels

I think this is more a neccessity than a request!

We would like to automate the printing of different label sizes for different services through ShipStation Connect. We use Australia post and their local label can be printed on a thermal 4x6 label whereas their international express label needs to be printed on a A4 or letter size plain paper. At the moment only one printer can be assigned to label printing. The only way around this, which is a pain in the backside (being polite) is not to define a printer and then select the correct one depending on…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Printing Customer Name Twice on Royal Mail Labels

A new update is now printing the customers name in the customer field and in the company field on the Royal Mail label. I have been told this is a royal mail requirement connected to returns. Clearly this is incorrect! It is a poor solution from Ship Station. The outgoing label and the returns label should be operated differently. Printing the customers details in the name and company field on the outgoing label needs to stop. I now have to go through a manual process to remove the duplication.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Attach Doc to ShipStation Order

I use ShipStation to connect my 3PL to Shopify for order fulfillment. I drop ship orders for several marketplaces (Faire, RangeMe, Maisonette) that I sell through which require that I attach custom invoices. I'm looking for a simple "attach PDF" functionality that could live, for example, in the order notes section. It would look a lot like the link at the bottom of this word box that says "attach a file". It would allow me to associate packing slips with orders for my 3PL. The workaround for this is so brutal that I may have to leave shipstation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. List All Shipments in manifest, not just master

We use our shipping manifest to help accounting audit our FedEx bill every month. They'll match up our tracking numbers to our invoice to make sure FedEx isn't charging extra on the invoice.

We're having trouble with multi box shipments though. Currently only the master tracking number is listed, which leaves accounting scrambling every month to find the other tracking numbers.

If nothing else, giving us the ability to select "Master Only" or "All Tracking Numbers" would help.

Thanks for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. batch labels

Please add the leading batch label back when printing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add End of Day support for Fedex 2Day and express

Fedex now has there equivalent of postal service with their FedEx Express service. Anywhere in the US including Hawaii and Alaska in 2 Days guaranteed for $8.99.

Shipstation only supports ground shipments on an End of Day report for FedEx or UPS.

we ship hundreds of FedEx express a day and would like to make a end of day scan sheet for them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Install Connect on only the workstation to print from and let all others print to it without needing to install Connect.

Install Connect on only the workstation to print from and let all others print to it without needing to install Connect.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow for Bulk Pick List

It would be so much easier if that when printing a pick list you are able to see the total quantity of items that need to be picked, not just the number per order

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. dot labels

FedEx Requires DOT labels on some goods they deliver. We need to print those labels to go on the box additional to the address info. I recommend for specific products the ability to print that label with them. (example: lithium batteries)

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/services/HazMat-FXG-shipping-guide.pdf

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to select Label size (8.5x11 or 4x6) based on store

We have different locations ship out items. Some use 8.5x11, others zebra 4x6. Would be great to associate the label size by store rather than by the entire account

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow order comments to show on the pick list

Allow customer order comments to show on the pick list. This will allow us to know exactly what the customer wants when we are pulling their order

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base