Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Generating customs invoices in correct currency

When a customer buys in dollars or euros from our site, it doesn't go through to the customs forms as dollars - it generates in GBP.

A customer in the US spent in dollars (under $800) which shouldn't mean they have to pay customs charges (as I believe it is set at $800) but it generated the customs invoice in £ (which then took the invoice over $800) and the customer has been charged $100 to receive their parcel.

Please can you let me know why this has happened and if this is the case that all customs declarations will…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automate EORI Numbers

It is a legal requirement that EORI numbers are used on shipping goods from the UK to EU and Rest of the World. This field has been implemented granted, but still requires manual intervention to apply the EORI to each order, not an easy task when shipping 1000's of parcels a week off shore. Can this not be automated by rule, that when shipping to EU, the EU EORI number is selected, and when shipping outside of the EU (Rest of World) the UK EORI is used?

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  31 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 8.5" × 11" (1 per page)

I NEED THIS
    I HAVE A TON OF LABEL SHEETS 8.5" × 11" BUT THEY ONLY HAVE ONE LABEL ATTACHED INSTEAD OF TWO.
    SO I NEED THE OPTION 8.5" × 11" (1 per page) INSTEAD OF 8.5" × 11" (2 per page) OR 8.5" × 11" (w/ Packing Slip) MINUS THE PACKING SLIP OPTION.
    WHY WOULD THIS NOT BE A OPTION TO PRINT ONE LABEL PER SHEET WITHOUT A PACKING SLIP ???
    I HAVE THOUSANDS OF LABEL SHEETS WITH ONLY 1 LABEL REMAINGING ON THEM AND I WOULD LIKE TO NOT WASTE THEM!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create customs declarations for Royal Mail orders sent from UK to Channel Islands

Royal Mail require customs data for shipping orders to Guernsey and Jersey but Shipstation doesn't let us add declarations for these orders, so we have to ship them through other software.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. for printing: have to choose between getting a blank page every time or not getting the full order printed

we print label + packing slip on same page...but if an order is long (aka has a lot of items on it) then the whole order doesn't fit on that one page -- according to ShipStation there are only two options in this case: either have a blank page print after each and every order we print or have only 1 page print knowing that that 1 page may not include every item on the order...obviously neither option is a fix, more below from support

when this option is enabled, if an order has a lot of line items, the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. [Shipstation Connect] Workflow Rework

Hello there,
    I work with a 3pl that uses Shipstation and Shipstation connect as our main source for fulfillment. I would love to see the Shipstation connect app built out to be more friendly towards 3pl's attempting to use your app.

Within our organization, no user has a set desktop location. It is very inconvenient for our staff to log in to link Shipstation connect every time they need to switch stations (Workstations).

We have had so many issues with Shipstaion connect recently; I would love to see the development team add a little "magic" to the app.

One of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Re-printing Batch Summary page

Need a way to re-print the batch summary page.

Let's say if we needed to go back and re-print the batch from shipments tab. It'll only print the shipping labels without the batch summary page.

Need a way to re-print that batch summary page or just include it when we're re-printing the batch

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increase thumbnail resolution or allow 'https' for image links

Good day.

We are producing personalized products and to help match the produced item to the label/slip, we are printing the Image URL (thumbnail) on the packing slip.

Most of the items have the same design and the only differentiator is the personalized name. However, due to the low image resolution, the names are barely readable.

With this, is there a way to increase the thumbnail resolution?

Alternatively, it is possible to allow 'https' in the image link? We tried loading the full-size image link (using plain http) under Internal Notes (supposed to be under custom fields but image URL…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create return labels for multi-package shipments - to send with outgoing

Right now you can only generate a return label to send with the original shipment if the shipment contains only 1 box/package. The number of return labels generated should be equal to the number of packages originally sent.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. wireless printing support

Be able to use wireless printers through shipstation connect which is currently unsupported (requires physically connected printers)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices

How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices to their shipments. Today I have to send an email for every order that requires an Invoice or PO attached. Make Shipstation only useful for Ecomm and not Retail.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Label Messages Available on UPS SurePost Labels

I would like to have the option of putting custom label messages on our UPS Surepost labels. Things like the order number (which I have on all of our outgoing parcels) or a message that would be visible to anyone reading the label.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. sort pick list

Sort Pick List by ship date.

We need this feature because we have a 2 week lead time on some of our items.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ERROR- Ship To Phone must be no longer than 25 characters.

Issues printing Labels as ShipStaion doesn't allow more than 25 characters.

I import data from Amazon (USA) orders into Shipstaion via Channel Advisor and for data protection Amazon provide a number in this format.

+1 123-456-7891 ext. 12345

Due to the spaces, "-" and ext. i have to manually edit each order (phone number) before i can print.

This is not fun and i cant be the only person this affects.

I think you should extend the character limit on the telephone number field to fix this issue.

Cheers

Craig

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatic Ship-Date Change On Holidays

Currently shipstation automatically changes the ship-date if creating shipping labels on a holiday. This causes issues with our FedEx 2-Day packages because they are unable to accept packages with the incorrect ship-date.

We would like to request to disable this feature. USPS does not mind if the shipdate is wrong, however FedEx requires the correct shipdate when shipping Express. It is a pointless feature to have since it negatively effects other labels within the same batch.

Today we had 250+ FedEx 2-Day packages that could not go out because of this useless feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change what key the Scan to View uses in the order details to find an order

We have a proprietary system for fulfillment with our own pick ticket system which includes its own barcode. This works great for all orders that we control the format on. We simply import our orders with the respective barcode value as the orderId and everything works. This does not work for integration setups like Amazon and Ebay because ShipStation controls that import and subsequently the value in the orderId field. Once our warehouse goes to pick the orders there is no relative order that would match up with our data because we didn't initially import the order ourselves. We're going…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pick List needs 4x6 Format Option

It is much faster and cheaper to print the picking ticket (Pick List) on the same 4x6 label printer. We've been doing it this way for years on another system. Currently the pick list is formatted only for 8.5x11 paper so if you print it on label paper you can barely read it. Forcing me to print on a laser printer makes me have to go to another room. Please add a 4x6 format to the pick list options. I assure you everyone will love it!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Buyers Email and Phone number to Packing Slips

We need to add the buyers email address and phone number to the packing slips - this seems like it should be easy considering the buyers email address is in the Buyer/Recipient Sold to info area of the order. We ship out most orders as gifts, so the Recipient email or phone number doesn't do us any good when we really need to contact the buyer not the recipient.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create Barcode for Shipping Label that can be taken to UPS store and they print label

Sometimes Salesperson or Technicians need to ship a package. They can't print a label.

Would like to create a barcode (like what is available on UPS.com) to walk-in to the UPS store, show the barcode on their phone, and then the UPS store can print the label from the barcode.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. price on picklist

Hi, it would be very helpful to have the item price on the Pick List.
    this way ill know where to look for that item, some items I put in a different location based on the price

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base