Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort Shipping Label Printing by Last Name

Make it possible to have shipping labels print in order of LAST NAME alphabetical A-Z? The only option available orders them by the first letter of the first name which is less ideal when organizing orders as first names tend to repeat more.

Would love to have A-Z last name followed by any blank last name/single named customers.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Currency on Commercial invoices

Currently ShipStaion does not support or allow shippers any control over the currency on a commercial invoice.
    The currency is locked in based on your billing address.
    I would guess that most US sellers couldn't care less since they are always selling in US funds.
    I would also guess that many Canadian shippers are unaware and would be surprised that the currency is not based on the store currency. Furthermore it is incomprehensible that such a complex and system like ShipStation does not allow further control (default overall, per store and again on each order) much like everything else.
    Since…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable an option to print the packing slip to print with the label on two pgs? I see the option for them to both be on one page but I want t

Is there a way to get the packing slip to print with the label on two separate 8.5 x 11 paper? I see the option for them to both be on one page but I want two separate pages.

Attached is an example. I need to email these to dropshippers and they complain about cutting paper in half and having to tape them to packages.. Plus I dont want two steps to save and email two separate pieces of paper.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add SKU on international

I would like to add the ability to have product SKUs or Order info on international labels from services like DHL or Firstmile etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When printing multiple packing slips, render each packing slip one at a time.

When selecting multiple orders and then printing packing slips for those orders, ShipStation currently renders all of the HTML for all of the packing slips in one step to one PDF.

This fails when rendering multi-page orders if more than one order is rendered at a time. (Multi-page orders render perfectly when rendering one at a time.)

Best practice would be for ShipStation to render each packing slip one-at-a-time to a temporary PDF, and then join all of the rendered PDFs (one for each packing slip) to one joined PDF. That one joined PDF would then be printed / downloaded.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. shipment notes

Sometimes customers give us specific instructions, such as Gate Code#, or please leave the shipment on the side of the house. It would be nice to be able take these "customer notes" and give shipping instructions to the carrier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Highlight quantity on order summary

On a previous shipping software I used the packing list generated had a red circle around product quantities greater than 1 to draw attention to it. With Shipstation I use the order summary to print a document for me to prepare orders for packing. This doesn't highlight when more than one of a product has been ordered and I've missed it on occasion. I imagine it would be a simple fix and would make life a lot easier for me as currently I have to print and highlight them manually with a pen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. print batch according to order #

I think it would be extremely beneficial to be able to print pick list for batches according to the order number. As of now, this is not an option for the pick list. This should be a very simple implementation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow for NetStamps Integration

For small packages where the standard 4x6 label won't fit, it'd be great to see a NetStamps solution offered here so people can still print postage without the label and affix to small packages.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Define Label Messages on a Per-Store Basis

We drop-ship for multiple national companies such as Amazon, Walmart, and The Home Depot, and all of these sellers have different requirements for the data included in the shipping label reference fields. Currently the ShipStation settings for these fields are global; if we could set them on a store-by-store basis it would be extremely helpful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. customs form

Have the option to input all values for customs forms.

After printing the labels, I manually write (with a pen) the importer's contact, exporter's reference, and exporter's contact. There are other fields one could input too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. address field split to fit shipping label

Packing Slip - Print Shipping Label
    We currently used combined packing slip with a peelable shipping label.
    The address field in not able to be broken down to fit inside this shipping lable which is causing issues on long addresses.
    It would be great if we could split by:
    Address line 1
    Address line 2
    Town
    County
    Postcode
    Country

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Higher than SKU#3 for custom label messages

Currently, custom label messages only support SKU #1-#3, even though the label messages can support up to 26 characters per line. I use this to eliminate packing slips and the wasted paper associated with them, so for orders with more than 3 SKUs, it would be useful to support more SKU #s. The functionality is there (you can already put multiple SKUs per line, but it only recognizes 1-3)...it's just a matter activating the variables so that the system recognizes them....

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The custom paper work for international UPS orders is not generating a signature on the customs paper work.

The custom paper work for international UPS orders is not generating a signature on the customs paper work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show Stoper ! USPS label custom message fields should allow more than 26 characters.

First of all, I understand certain carrier's label requirement may not allow this to fly across all carriers. This suggestion is for USPS or stamp.com labels. Currently, only 26 bigO chars can be displayed in each custom message field. However, what if a single sku# is longer than 26 chars? Or a customer ordered 2 items with 2 different skus which need to be combine shipped using one label while 3rd custom field is reserved for order note across the board? These are really common use cases sellers are facing daily and limited by current custom field capability in ShipStation.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. shipstation api printing

I think it would be useful to allow printing through ShipStation Connect via API.
    This way one could automate the printing process and improve productivity

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding more precoded sku/product codes to display on labels

It would be very helpful if I could display more then 3 SKU's on a label at a time. Our packages are hand packed & if an order is larger then 3 different items, I have to write the order down for the packers & this is time consuming considering I have to go into the shipping screen, open the order again & then write it on the back of the label.

If we have 3 message fields available we should be able to have 2 or 3 more precoded "skus/products" available to us.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ship each item on order with own shipping label

I have shipment ready packaging and do NOT want to combine all items on an individual order into one box. There should be a checkmark or something in settings where we can indicate to Shipstation whether we want items bundled into 1 box or shipped individually. Right now I have to manually break apart orders so 1 shipping label is created for item on order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please Provide the ability to print each Order Summary Report on its own page

Please Provide the ability to print each Order Summary Report on its own page

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The customs forms do not reflect the correct order total if discounts are applied.

If a customer buys something and uses a coupon, the FULL amount of the retail price is shown on the customs form. However, the invoice shows the discounted price correctly.

This is leading to customers having to pay extra customs fees.

The only work around I was given by support was to set the customs forms to be manual and complete it for every order.

For such an automated system, this is a terrible solution. It should read the order invoice correctly and show the discounted price that the customers paid.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base