Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

The ShipStation Feedback Forum collects your ideas and allows you to vote and comment on other ideas so our product team can understand what new features are most important to you or what business challenges we need to address next.

Everyone has 20 votes to spend on ideas that are important to them (but you can comment as much as you like). 

While all ideas will get reviewed, it's simply not possible for all ideas to make it onto the product roadmap. The more activity an idea has, however, the more likely it is to be considered. So, be sure to check if your idea has already been posted so you can add your votes and comments to it! 

Suggestions for Writing a Great Idea Post

• Write a title to succinctly summarize your post. Other users should be able to identify if their idea is similar to yours just by reading the title so they will know to vote and comment on it!
  • Explain the problem you are trying to solve and what you think should be added or changed in ShipStation to solve this problem. 
  • Describe how you would use this feature or how you think it should function to serve your need.
  • Attach a screenshot to help illustrate your point. 
  • Put the idea in the category that best fits what you are trying to accomplish (for example: Order Management, Insights & Reporting, or Printing & Documents).

What to Expect With an Idea 

Our moderators will regularly review posts to ensure:
    • They are categorized in a logical way. If not, they may move them to the proper category. 
    • The title accurately reflects the idea content so others can understand. If not, they may edit the post title to help others identify posts they want to vote and comment on.
    • That posts are really ideas and not bug reports or issues that require contacting our support team. 
    • That any request that has an existing solution or can be accomplished with existing features gets a response to let everyone know a solution or feature already exists and how to learn about it.
Our moderators will also update the statuses of posts as they are considered by our product team. If an idea makes it onto the roadmap, we'll update the idea status from Planned to Started to Completed as work progresses on the idea. If an idea is declined or archived, our moderator will update the status to indicate so and you will receive your votes back to use on other ideas in the future. 

Finally, if more information is needed on an idea, the moderator will post a reply to ask for them. If it is your idea or you have commented on the idea, you should receive an email notification when this occurs.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8.5" × 11" (1 per page)

I NEED THIS
    I HAVE A TON OF LABEL SHEETS 8.5" × 11" BUT THEY ONLY HAVE ONE LABEL ATTACHED INSTEAD OF TWO.
    SO I NEED THE OPTION 8.5" × 11" (1 per page) INSTEAD OF 8.5" × 11" (2 per page) OR 8.5" × 11" (w/ Packing Slip) MINUS THE PACKING SLIP OPTION.
    WHY WOULD THIS NOT BE A OPTION TO PRINT ONE LABEL PER SHEET WITHOUT A PACKING SLIP ???
    I HAVE THOUSANDS OF LABEL SHEETS WITH ONLY 1 LABEL REMAINGING ON THEM AND I WOULD LIKE TO NOT WASTE THEM!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add customer phone numbers to order summaries

Please consider adding customer phone numbers to printed order summaries. My staff sometimes need to call customers, and having to go back online to find the number is inefficient. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. FedEx label typeface size

Can you change the font on FedEx labels? When I use the FedEx system the font is large. Your labels are very difficult to read.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create customs declarations for Royal Mail orders sent from UK to Channel Islands

Royal Mail require customs data for shipping orders to Guernsey and Jersey but Shipstation doesn't let us add declarations for these orders, so we have to ship them through other software.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. for printing: have to choose between getting a blank page every time or not getting the full order printed

we print label + packing slip on same page...but if an order is long (aka has a lot of items on it) then the whole order doesn't fit on that one page -- according to ShipStation there are only two options in this case: either have a blank page print after each and every order we print or have only 1 page print knowing that that 1 page may not include every item on the order...obviously neither option is a fix, more below from support

when this option is enabled, if an order has a lot of line items, the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. [Shipstation Connect] Workflow Rework

Hello there,
    I work with a 3pl that uses Shipstation and Shipstation connect as our main source for fulfillment. I would love to see the Shipstation connect app built out to be more friendly towards 3pl's attempting to use your app.

Within our organization, no user has a set desktop location. It is very inconvenient for our staff to log in to link Shipstation connect every time they need to switch stations (Workstations).

We have had so many issues with Shipstaion connect recently; I would love to see the development team add a little "magic" to the app.

One of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stored product price

Is there some way to make it where when you add your product to your packing ship it added the prices of those products automatically?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Re-printing Batch Summary page

Need a way to re-print the batch summary page.

Let's say if we needed to go back and re-print the batch from shipments tab. It'll only print the shipping labels without the batch summary page.

Need a way to re-print that batch summary page or just include it when we're re-printing the batch

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Increase thumbnail resolution or allow 'https' for image links

Good day.

We are producing personalized products and to help match the produced item to the label/slip, we are printing the Image URL (thumbnail) on the packing slip.

Most of the items have the same design and the only differentiator is the personalized name. However, due to the low image resolution, the names are barely readable.

With this, is there a way to increase the thumbnail resolution?

Alternatively, it is possible to allow 'https' in the image link? We tried loading the full-size image link (using plain http) under Internal Notes (supposed to be under custom fields but image URL…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create return labels for multi-package shipments - to send with outgoing

Right now you can only generate a return label to send with the original shipment if the shipment contains only 1 box/package. The number of return labels generated should be equal to the number of packages originally sent.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Customisation of order summary

I'd love to be able to customise the Order Summary to pull in any field that is available in the interactive Orders tab e.g. customer email, requested shipping service, gift etc.

Personally I'd like to see the email address added to the printable Order Summary underneath the customer's address, but i know other fields will also be highly useful to other companies.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make shipment forms available for download via API

The ShipStation API currently does not provide a publicly documented way to download shipment forms.
    We have several use cases for this feature: For one it would allow us to batch-print multiple PDFs at once without clicking "download"+"print" on each one of them. Furthermore it would allow for automated patching of the PDFs to fix issues such as this one http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/42047626-include-billing-address-on-shipment-forms

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include billing address on shipment forms

Currently the commercial invoices (shipment forms) for international FedEx and DHL shipments don't include the billing address (aka "sold to"/"importer"), even if it's different from shipping address.
    It would be good to have this included as creates it problems with some shipments.

Support Chat told me that the forms are actually autogenerated by the carrier, so if this turns out to be a limitation of the carrier's API, ShipStation could do automatic patching of the PDF.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The correct sized label should automatically be generated so users don’t have to manipulate the image size.

It should be seamless and it shouldn't waste my time. GoShippo already provides the correct sized label with every download.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Delivery (Transit) Time on Packing Slip

In the packing slip customization tool, it would be very helpful if there was a Field Replacement for "delivery time" or "transit time" based on the carrier, the selected shipping service, the shipping location, and the destination location of each order. Wouldn't it be possible to get this information from each carrier's API?

Our company sells frozen meats and we need to see the estimated transit time as we pick and pack so that we know how much dry ice to include in each shipment to keep it frozen during transit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. wireless printing support

Be able to use wireless printers through shipstation connect which is currently unsupported (requires physically connected printers)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices

How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices to their shipments. Today I have to send an email for every order that requires an Invoice or PO attached. Make Shipstation only useful for Ecomm and not Retail.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Label Messages Available on UPS SurePost Labels

I would like to have the option of putting custom label messages on our UPS Surepost labels. Things like the order number (which I have on all of our outgoing parcels) or a message that would be visible to anyone reading the label.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Print tracking # in message area on shipping label

We are used to having a peel off receipt on the shipping label that has the tracking #. This can be affixed to a hardcopy document for reference. Would like to be able to print the tracking # in the message area of the shipping label.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. labels without postage

PRINTING lables with no postage i send many lettermail with a stamp and have to manually prepare the lables each time .

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base