Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Landscape Packing Slips Needed

We need the option to have landscape packing slips. We sell on Home Depot and need to be able to create landscape packing slips per their guidelines.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Support for custom messages on a FedEx 4 x 9 shipping label.

We ship frozen product and would like FedEx to leave the package at the first attempt. I would like to include this message in unused area in the 4x9 label.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow customers to view and edit the CSS for the Packing Slip HTML

You have some pre-set CSS rules that are used by the Packing Slip HTML template.

Why not allow customers to view and edit these?

That would allow them more ability to customise and structure HTML/CSS properly.

Inserting inline CSS on each element is time-consuming.

Inserting a <style> section at the top of the editor containing some custom classes seems to work, but is a bit of a hack.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. automated package dimensions With Decimals

I need Auto rul for Prime orders to have decimals, so like 9.5 x9.5x0.5 so we can take advatange of The Fredex one rate Seller Prime right now you can only do full numbers

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. cn22

Create CN22 and CN23 declarations for international Royal Mail parcels

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reduce Packing Slip Margin To 0 (or at least less than the current 0.5" limit)

We need to print packing slips on vendor-supplied stock that has requires the ability to reduce our packing slip margins to less than the 1/2 inch minimum currently allowed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. currency

We need a way to print out the orders in the PAID CURRENCY. Currently if I have aq $50 order come in, it shows as £50 on the "Packing Slip". While I appreciate currency stuff is trickier on the front end (ie the sales reports), there is no reason you couldn't simply import the currency from the 3rd part system (Esy, WooCommerce, Ebay), and store it in the record. Then when printing out the page it would be a piece of cake to include that record

Speaking as programmer myself, I know this is very easily possible, so please implement…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sort By Name On New Order/Return Search

When you create a new order / return and search for a product, the default sort is alphabetical by SKU number. This makes it difficult to search for products as Product Name is more important. Is there anyway to introduce the ability to search by Product Name? Or, remove SKU from the New Order / Return list?

Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Label size options for letter printing

If you cannot print lables and packing slips to two printers inline, then can you give the option to use different labels instead of only 2 per page?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. default phone number

When there is no customer phone number provided, default to the store's phone number. Right now, when there is no phone number for a customer, the default for FedEx labels is 999-999-9999. This is not helpful should the Carrier need to contact us regarding the delivery of the order and we do not have a customer phone number to provide.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dimension requirements for specific carriers

As FedEx requires dimensions for accurate shipping charges, I believe ShipStation users would value from the ability to set requirements for shipping labels, such as dimensions, that would not allow for label creation without certain fields being met. They seem to already have that for the shipment weight, which makes sense.
    Adding that functionality for dimensions would make it so shippers are not charged extra on their shipments from carriers like FedEx due to dimensions not being entered.

Let me know what you all think!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. label format switching

We should be able to switch between 4x6 and 8x11 with or without packing slip. It is such an important thing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. printing hotkeys

Currently, when you try to print the full hotkey list under "Support resources" and then "Hotkeys", it provides all hotkeys, including the ones I created, which are listed as "Custom Shipping Presets".

When I go to Print PDF, the "Custom Shipping Presets" are not included in the PDF. I would like to recommend that be included in the PDF or there is a way to have a one pager of all the Hotkeys created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Chronological Pick List

I would like my shipping team to pull and ship items in the order of which they are received.

Please add the option "Order Items By: Age"

Furthermore, it would be great if the pick listed printed in the exact order of the way you configure the awaiting shipments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the option for custom fields in return labels and labels using the "Customers" tab

We sell return labels to our customers but in order to send one to them, we have to create a shipping label, void it, then create a return label. We can create a return label using the "Customers" tab but the option to add custom fields is not offered. We need to add order number and reason for product return to the label itself for internal organization. Please add that feature as right now in order to void labels we have to copy and paste every order for a return label into the UPS website and create the label there.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Control which fields are scanable in 'Barcode Search' function

Control which fields are scannable in 'Barcode Search' function. e.g. if you don't want Item Codes to be scannable to create a label untick it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Commercial Invoice currency default by store

If I had it my way I would ask for the commercial invoice currency to be defaulted by store and manually switchable in the customs information section for each order. This way the correct details (including currency) are submitted to this shipper before the creation of any customs documents. And the shipper should have full control with the ability to default the currency based on the specific store or marketplace.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add orders to end of day form

I would like to be able to see what orders are included in each end of day form. Sometimes I print an end of day form then pack more and end up with more than one end of day. I'd like to be able to print a manifest like you can do on batches but it would go along with the end of day form so i get the right orders with the right end of day form.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sort Shipping Label Printing by Last Name

Make it possible to have shipping labels print in order of LAST NAME alphabetical A-Z? The only option available orders them by the first letter of the first name which is less ideal when organizing orders as first names tend to repeat more.

Would love to have A-Z last name followed by any blank last name/single named customers.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currency on Commercial invoices

Currently ShipStaion does not support or allow shippers any control over the currency on a commercial invoice.
    The currency is locked in based on your billing address.
    I would guess that most US sellers couldn't care less since they are always selling in US funds.
    I would also guess that many Canadian shippers are unaware and would be surprised that the currency is not based on the store currency. Furthermore it is incomprehensible that such a complex and system like ShipStation does not allow further control (default overall, per store and again on each order) much like everything else.
    Since…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base