Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scanning based Label Printing workflow

Scan barcode to print shipping label

This is a production line workflow.

We create our shipments via your API ahead of time. So on a given Monday we might have 1,000 shipments already set up that are shipping throughout the week.

This is what we want to do:
    - Create a barcode associated with each shipping label
    - We print barcodes and place on each box on our production line
    - Person scans barcode which automatically finds its matching shipping label and automatically prints the shipping label

It's critical that no clicking or keyboard shortcuts would be required. We need…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Scan to Print for v3 will accomplish 95% of this request.
    The shipment ID can be added as a barcode to the Packing Slip, which will pull up the Shipment in Scan to Print mode.
    There is another barcode that automatically Prints the label and you’re done. Scan to Print is available in the current version, but an improved experience is coming soon to v3

2. Automatic correct of French addresses - DO NOT add the state

When using Automatic Correction of international addresses, ShipStation should NOT add the state for French addresses as they are NOT used in France.

OR

ShipStation should truncate those state names. Some Carriers (Globegistics) limit this field to 15 chars.

OR

ShipStation should allow users to create rules AFTER verification and correction has been done by ShipStation

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Printing orders as they look on order page

I would like to print out my orders the way they look when I open the order page with an image and all of the order details (order page) not they way they look as a pick list, packing slip or order summery. I make lots of different items that have many custom details and I need to be able to print out a comprehensive order summary for my custom items so we can better keep track and have better organization, is there some smart programer over there make this happen?

Needed:
    Item
    Item details (custom options)
    Item image
    Shipping…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Better branding on shipping labels

Like many businesses, our primary logo is essentially our company name, so it's wide and vertically short (approx 4 to 1 aspect ratio). It doesn't work well in square or round areas because it has to shrink so small to fit the width, plus that then creates a lot of blank space above and below.

We enabled branding on our ShipStation labels and the logo was very small and off to the right side, and the logo basically being our name, also seemed to look too repetitious with our name in text in the return address. A panel of our…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ETD Supplementary Documentation Submission Feature

We need the ability to upload a PDF document for ETD submission with Fedex. This for example could be a department of transportation certification document or something similar. Fedex Ship manager supports this feature so shouldn't be to hard to build it out.

Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change Friday shipments shipping cutoff time from Saturday to Monday

My company ships M-F and our cut-off time is 3:30 pm so that we can get our packages over to the PO before closing time. However, we continue to package orders and print labels. We are using the feature in ShipStation to automatically change the date to the next day. This works out great everyday except for Friday. The after 3:30 pm Friday packages get a Saturday date assigned to them, but we don't work on Saturday. Is there anyway we could have our Friday after 3:30 pm packages be assigned a Monday date instead of Saturday?

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Contact information on Commercial Invoice

It would be awesome if the contact information could be pulled from the Buyer/Recipient info for the commercial invoice. I've had customers complain that they were not contacted by DHL because there was no contact info on the CI.

Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Proforma invoice

We also ship internationally, but whenever I do, I have to ship it outside of Shipstation so that I can create proforma invoice, since I do not need a Commercial Invoice to send to our final buyers, this also avoids them paying higher duties. Since a Commercial Invoice is for B2B and not B2C.
    Therefore can we have a 'Document' option to print out an Invoice as same as 'Commercial' Invoice but titled 'Proforma Invoice' and have only the shipping section removed from it.
    Attached is the format from DHL.com

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Product Barcodes on Picking Sheets and Ability to print Barcodes for Products

We have barcodes assigned to our items that do come into shipstation with out integration. But they aren't being utilized in shipstation. It would be great to have the ability to print those barcode UPC/GTIN's onto picking sheets, packing slips.

It would be even more beneficial to be able to set orders to print barcodes to a thermal printer so we can put it on packages. This goes hand in hand with Amazon's barcode needs for Fullfillment, internal manufacturing.

As an example, we're a on demand product producer. We make the product the day after it's ordered. So being able…

32 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Creating a label from the customer profile should support multiple shipping accounts

1. Go to the customers tab in ShipStation.
    2. Select a customer.
    3. Click the "Create Label" button.

This create label screen does not allow you to select your shipping account, so makes multiple shipping accounts useless when printing a label through this path.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Packing Slip Templates

Realtime and/or GUI editing of Packing Slip templates would be helpful, vs html and downloading samples. Also downloading and being able to upload to another ShipStation account would be helpful as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Making International Shipping more efficient

Some of these ideas have been partially covered by other suggestions, but I wanted to roll it all together as (For me at least) it's a very common scenario and subsequent workflow.

Each time I receive a DHL order (which I'm trying to promote, since USPS is hopeless for international, and FedEx and UPS are pricey), I have to do the following:

- Print the label (1 click)
    - Print the customs form (1 click)
    - copy the customs form to get the 3 required copies

What I'd suggest happens is that since I've printed the label, I must have…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to automate post dating for labels created on Saturday. Next day just does not help on Saturday

We need an option to automate the post dating process. Anyone that sells on Amazon knows you are dinged for marking something as shipped and then the carrier does not scan it until a day or two later. This issue comes from creating a label on Saturday and the carrier does not scan it into their system until Monday. We know there is the option to automate and post date labels to the next day after a certain time, but this functionality really needs to include a day function as well for the situation already described.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Label Same Direction as Invoice/Packing Slip

I would like to orient my Invoice/Packing Slip on my Burris Forms Integrated Label to be the same direction as the shipping label (see Sample-Integrated-Label.pdf). To have the Invoice/Packing Slip printed in a different direction as the label makes it very awkward to confirm all the information when checking orders. This should be a simple fix and a very convenient one for order pickers & checkers.
    Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Offer landscape orientation for 8.5 x 11 packing slips

The ability to print 8.5 x 11 packing slips in landscape orientation would help for clients with longer product names, SKU's, etc.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Highlighting "Other Forms" to be printed when printing labels

When I ship internationally, most of the forms I need are printed in label format. However, sometimes, when shipping internationally, I need to print a commercial invoice or other additional forms in order for a shipment to clear customs without any issues. Those forms are automatically generated when labels are generated. Because I normally print labels in batches, it's not obvious that those forms need to be printed and sometimes I forget to print them in the rush of remembering the billion other things that need to be remembered when processing an order.

When the labels are generated, there is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. QR

Looking for QR code support. We currently add the clunky old barcodes to our packing slips and would be able to work much faster and more efficiently with QR. PLEASE!!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to assign which tray to use while printing through Shipstation.

We print both labels and receipts on the same printer.

Tray1 holds our regular printing paper and the MP tray holds our labels.
    The default tray system wide is Tray1.

Can we have an option where we designate which tray is to be used while printing through Shipstation so we do not have to keep switching labels and regular paper in tray1 ?

Thank you.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automate a shipment manifest to print every day at a X time for all carriers

Automate a shipment manifest to print every day at a X time for all carriers for our records

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow "same as outgoing" as BOX SIZE return label option in Automation Rules

In the return label setting (not for automation) I am able to select "same as outgoing" for the box size. this only applies to one order at a time. Why isn't this an option for automation rule that serves the same function but can be applied to all orders (or domestic orders in my case)?

I have to manually process the return label for every order (which is included in each box), as we use different box sizes depending on the product and size, so I can't pick a single box size for every order, as there is a huge…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Thanks for your feedback.

While there is not currently this option, there are additional options to avoid manually updating the package type. When you set up these return label automation rules, you are able to set up a criteria to specify a specific package type. For instance, if you use different boxes based on order weight, you can add to the Return Label rule’s criteria “Order Weight is less than 8 oz.” etc.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base