Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. end of the day

It would be great if I don't print an End of the Day report by my cut off time each day and there are shipments, an End of the Day report would be automatically created for me.

Often times I'm busy packing and or get caught on Saturday without manually creating a report and by the time I go to create one I'm no longer able to. So I have many packages that actually have been delivered and received by the post office but the tracking number for those orders don't show it. Furthermore, I have no proof that it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Display Less Items in Orders

This somewhat links to an idea I just opened.

You guys need to offer functionality to reduce items on the page to like 10, 25 or 50 in orders.

So we are effectively printing smaller batches.

I want to keep a better eye out on printed labels.

It is too cumbersome when we have 100 unshipped labels in orders and I either have to select all labels I want to print, or have to 'select all' and deselect labels I don't want to print.

There should simply be more functionality that that.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! So you want to be able to have less than 100 orders on a page at a time? As in, make it so that you can have only 10 orders display per page by default, without the need for tags or filtering views?

3. Add Reference number in Purolator Labels

It would be great if we can add a referrence number on Purolator Labels.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Label Queue Visible to All Users Account-wide

We need a process that allows anyone who is logged into our account on shipstation via a mobile App or another PC to immediately create a shipping label which would be placed into a queue that everyone on the same account can see. This would allow immediate notification that an order has been processed and would enable our off-site warehouse to print, pack and ship orders that were placed in the label queue. Right now it appears the label queue is not visible across all users who are logged into the same account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Page Numbers for Multi Page Packing Slips

Many of our orders are longer than one page when the packing slips are printed. We use the packing slips as pick slips and they are the "center of truth" for the order as it is being processed in our warehouse.

We are looking for the ability to print page numbers on our packing slips (ideally for multiple page orders). We would want the first page of an order to have a 1, the second to have a 2, and so on until the specific order is completely printed. Then on the next order, the first page will be numbered…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dynamic coupon code on custom packing slips

We currently put coupon codes on our packing slips, but to offer a TRULY juicy coupon we would need dynamic coupon codes that allow us to upload a list and have them inserted into the packing slip.

When doing this currently with Amazon orders we have to use a "group" coupon code, which means a customer can share the code to their friends, which is why we have to be careful not to offer a deal that's TOO good.

But if we had the ability to upload a list (usually text file or csv) of coupon codes that are set…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Save third party accounts

I would love the ability to save a third party account so we don't have to paste over the account number and zip code every time. We do a lot of shipping that requires shipping on their accounts.

Also, we have employees in shipping that can't access that information and simply have to wait on a manager to print the label for them. A drop-down box with our saved third parties would help tremendously.

Then we could also set rules to default imports to certain third party accounts we have set up. I know FedEx ship manager has this functionality…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Company Column to Shipment Manifest

The Shipment Manifest currently only lists the Recipient column to identify the orders (in addition to the Order #). While this is fine for Retail Shipments to individuals, we are unable to identify shipments to our Wholesale customers at a glance because we know those by their Company Name and not necessarily by the recipient's individual name. The manifest would be much more useful if the Company Column were added, or at least provided as an option in Document Settings to turn on/off.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Variable shipping day cut off times for different carriers.

Each carrier has a different pick up time so being able to set the defaults differently for each one would make the end of day shipping process more seamless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Thanks for feedback. Just to help us see what you’re thinking, would you want this cutoff time to be a carrier-level setting on the Carriers & Fulfillments tab? Where in the interface do you think this would best be housed?

10. Order Labels & Packing Slips by Order Quantity for Printing

Ability to put Labels & Packing Slips in ascending or descending order by quantity of items in each order when creating labels/printing.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

11. New 26 character short field for Product Name / Dynamic Label Messages

ShipStation currently provides the ability to print 3 custom messages on shipping labels, including dynamic information about the order.

Our feature request is for ShipStation to allow us to assign a "shortcode" for each Product Name, such that if the product name is longer than 26 characters we can assign a shortcode for Label Printing that may be different than the full name of the product shown on the Packing Slip and Pick List.

For example, the full name of the product shown on the packing slip may be "Joe's All Natural Hot Sauce, Red Pepper 12 oz." while the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need a custom product field that allows a lot more characters and doesn't add anything in it before the data.

Need to send a string of data per product to use glyphs to generate an image to be displayed in an iFrame. It works, but most fields are only 100 chars so it gets truncated. We need 500+ chars. Were told by ShipStation that Image URL is 500, however, it adds a URL to the beginning of the string which makes it useless for this purpose. Please give us custom product fields with the ability to have larger char sizes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automation Rules - Print 2 labels for orders that contain specific items

We could really use an automation rule that would create an additional (2nd) label for orders that contain specific products. Certain products (specifically hats) we like to package separately from the rest of the order to keep the product safe. It would be helpful to have this automated so we don't have to manually create additional labels for orders that contain these products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Country of Origin Documentation

We'd like to generate and print Country of Origin documentation through shipstation for our Canadian customers who purchase products made in the US. That way they can benefit from duty-free clearance under NAFTA.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dynamic Return Address Modification at the Order Level

Our customers require us to modify the return address on our shipping labels to reflect a company name and address specific to them. This occurs at both the customer and order level where 5 orders from the same customer need to reflect 5 different company names in the return address. It looks like we can accomplish this in an automated fashion via the api, with the create label call, but only as a standalone label call. This will work for some of our products but prevents us from processing shipments manually as they require association to an order and we…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automation Rule for Label Messages

For our wholesale customers, they require a PO number to be included on the shipping label.

We capture the PO in the "Notes from Buyer" field.

It'd be helpful if one could use an Automation Rule to selectively decide which "Notes from Buyer" fields should be added to the message field at the bottom of the label e.g. if "Notes from Buyer" contains "PO:" then add "Notes from Buyer" to "Message 1".

While we use the "Notes from Buyer" field currently, this may change in the future, and having the flexibility to build Automation Rules to drive what gets inserted…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. international return labels

The ability for Shipstaion to process international return labels. I know that you can not create an international return label in ShipStation because the ship from location has to be in the same country as your ShipStation account. We have to use a different service specifically for international return labels, making it extremely inconvenient and adds an unneeded expense on our part having to use two different services.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone! Thanks for your comments here on international return labels. Can you tell us more about how you handle international returns? For example, if they follow the same return policy as your domestic returns or if there are more restrictions since international shipping requires additional documentation?

18. UPS Mail Innovations - Customs Line item

Mail Innovations does not allow more than 1 line item on the customs declaration document. There is no current way on the product page to consolidate all of the items into one line item in bulk. I have to individually open each order and delete line items.

For example:
    Create a preset group for these orders - Cotton Clothing - condense declaration line items to one line

Right now it creates separate line items on the declarations for each line item on the order.

I hope this makes sense!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to hide products within woocommerce bundles on shipping label

We are currently using a plugin which is available through Woocommerce called product bundles which you can see here:

https://woocommerce.com/products/product-bundles/

This plug-in gives us the ability to sell bundles of different products though our site while being able to track each individual product within our inventory.

On the Wordpress front end we can hide each individual product on the email and check out so that if a person purchases a bundle they just see the bundle name and price. The whole time within the orders on the back end it still tracks each product within the bundle.

When we use…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. switching between 8X11 and 4X6 custom packing slips

I was hoping you can add the ability to make switching between custom 4x6 and 8x11 packing slips easier. Our store is mainly a daily deals type store but we also have thousands of different products so half of our sales are people ordering one quantity of one product and the other half of our orders is just like any other. It is important that we switch between the 4x6 printer and the 8x11 printer in order to make our daily workflow go smoothly.

We currently print the daily deals type orders on the 4x6 and regular orders on 8x11…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base