Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow printing of just stamps for USPS Stamped Letter so that we can use our own envelopes with pre-printed return address

Allow printing of just stamps for USPS Stamped Letter so that we can use our own envelopes with pre-printed return address

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. recreating labels in bulk

We have a monthly subscription where we used to be able to go into shipped orders, organize by tag, and create NEW labels to ship the same order. The feature is now gone since the new update. I now have to either have the orders sit in my queue for a year if i split the order (if they purchased a year subscription) or go and individually find their orders in shipments in the thousands of orders we have to "void labels in bulk, have then go back to awaiting shipment, then in awaiting shipment create new labels in bulk"…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Print Custom Fields on Order Summary Report

Simply that, print the custom fields for each order, on the Order Summary Report. We make a lot of custom items, of which we put the details in the custom fields. The Order Summary Report is useless, to us, without this info

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. print packing list for chosen store

I would like to select which stores we would like to have the packing list printed

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. combine order summary

Please make it so Order Summaries with combined orders print all together. When you combine an order, then print an order summary for a group of orders, the summary will show those orders separately and all over the place still. If they were combined there would be less order 'picking' errors.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sort Shipping carriers in the label section

It would be helpful to be able to sort the Shipping Service carriers in the drop down menu for creating the label. The ones we typically use are at the very bottom. It would be more efficient to have them moved to the top.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Buyers Email and Phone number to Packing Slips

We need to add the buyers email address and phone number to the packing slips - this seems like it should be easy considering the buyers email address is in the Buyer/Recipient Sold to info area of the order. We ship out most orders as gifts, so the Recipient email or phone number doesn't do us any good when we really need to contact the buyer not the recipient.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices

How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices to their shipments. Today I have to send an email for every order that requires an Invoice or PO attached. Make Shipstation only useful for Ecomm and not Retail.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why doesn't the picklist print options have the choice to print the name of the batch?

The picklist prints with no identifier on it!! If I assign a pick list, and then the shipper collects the items and goes to create labels/packing lists, they don't know which batch they have!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. price on picklist

Hi, it would be very helpful to have the item price on the Pick List.
    this way ill know where to look for that item, some items I put in a different location based on the price

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 8.5" × 11" (1 per page)

I NEED THIS
    I HAVE A TON OF LABEL SHEETS 8.5" × 11" BUT THEY ONLY HAVE ONE LABEL ATTACHED INSTEAD OF TWO.
    SO I NEED THE OPTION 8.5" × 11" (1 per page) INSTEAD OF 8.5" × 11" (2 per page) OR 8.5" × 11" (w/ Packing Slip) MINUS THE PACKING SLIP OPTION.
    WHY WOULD THIS NOT BE A OPTION TO PRINT ONE LABEL PER SHEET WITHOUT A PACKING SLIP ???
    I HAVE THOUSANDS OF LABEL SHEETS WITH ONLY 1 LABEL REMAINGING ON THEM AND I WOULD LIKE TO NOT WASTE THEM!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. for printing: have to choose between getting a blank page every time or not getting the full order printed

we print label + packing slip on same page...but if an order is long (aka has a lot of items on it) then the whole order doesn't fit on that one page -- according to ShipStation there are only two options in this case: either have a blank page print after each and every order we print or have only 1 page print knowing that that 1 page may not include every item on the order...obviously neither option is a fix, more below from support

when this option is enabled, if an order has a lot of line items, the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. [Shipstation Connect] Workflow Rework

Hello there,
    I work with a 3pl that uses Shipstation and Shipstation connect as our main source for fulfillment. I would love to see the Shipstation connect app built out to be more friendly towards 3pl's attempting to use your app.

Within our organization, no user has a set desktop location. It is very inconvenient for our staff to log in to link Shipstation connect every time they need to switch stations (Workstations).

We have had so many issues with Shipstaion connect recently; I would love to see the development team add a little "magic" to the app.

One of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatic Ship-Date Change On Holidays

Currently shipstation automatically changes the ship-date if creating shipping labels on a holiday. This causes issues with our FedEx 2-Day packages because they are unable to accept packages with the incorrect ship-date.

We would like to request to disable this feature. USPS does not mind if the shipdate is wrong, however FedEx requires the correct shipdate when shipping Express. It is a pointless feature to have since it negatively effects other labels within the same batch.

Today we had 250+ FedEx 2-Day packages that could not go out because of this useless feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Re-printing Batch Summary page

Need a way to re-print the batch summary page.

Let's say if we needed to go back and re-print the batch from shipments tab. It'll only print the shipping labels without the batch summary page.

Need a way to re-print that batch summary page or just include it when we're re-printing the batch

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Increase thumbnail resolution or allow 'https' for image links

Good day.

We are producing personalized products and to help match the produced item to the label/slip, we are printing the Image URL (thumbnail) on the packing slip.

Most of the items have the same design and the only differentiator is the personalized name. However, due to the low image resolution, the names are barely readable.

With this, is there a way to increase the thumbnail resolution?

Alternatively, it is possible to allow 'https' in the image link? We tried loading the full-size image link (using plain http) under Internal Notes (supposed to be under custom fields but image URL…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create return labels for multi-package shipments - to send with outgoing

Right now you can only generate a return label to send with the original shipment if the shipment contains only 1 box/package. The number of return labels generated should be equal to the number of packages originally sent.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Set the Ship Date to the next "Business" day after cut-off time, instead of "calendar" day

Set the Ship Date to the next "Business" day (instead of "Calendar" Day) if the time is after XXXX
    (See attachment)

It will give all Friday USPS orders the correct ship date to be Monday, instead of Saturday, when USPS is closed.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. wireless printing support

Be able to use wireless printers through shipstation connect which is currently unsupported (requires physically connected printers)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create Barcode for Shipping Label that can be taken to UPS store and they print label

Sometimes Salesperson or Technicians need to ship a package. They can't print a label.

Would like to create a barcode (like what is available on UPS.com) to walk-in to the UPS store, show the barcode on their phone, and then the UPS store can print the label from the barcode.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base