Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chronological Pick List

I would like my shipping team to pull and ship items in the order of which they are received.

Please add the option "Order Items By: Age"

Furthermore, it would be great if the pick listed printed in the exact order of the way you configure the awaiting shipments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add the option for custom fields in return labels and labels using the "Customers" tab

We sell return labels to our customers but in order to send one to them, we have to create a shipping label, void it, then create a return label. We can create a return label using the "Customers" tab but the option to add custom fields is not offered. We need to add order number and reason for product return to the label itself for internal organization. Please add that feature as right now in order to void labels we have to copy and paste every order for a return label into the UPS website and create the label there.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Control which fields are scanable in 'Barcode Search' function

Control which fields are scannable in 'Barcode Search' function. e.g. if you don't want Item Codes to be scannable to create a label untick it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add orders to end of day form

I would like to be able to see what orders are included in each end of day form. Sometimes I print an end of day form then pack more and end up with more than one end of day. I'd like to be able to print a manifest like you can do on batches but it would go along with the end of day form so i get the right orders with the right end of day form.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable an option to print the packing slip to print with the label on two pgs? I see the option for them to both be on one page but I want t

Is there a way to get the packing slip to print with the label on two separate 8.5 x 11 paper? I see the option for them to both be on one page but I want two separate pages.

Attached is an example. I need to email these to dropshippers and they complain about cutting paper in half and having to tape them to packages.. Plus I dont want two steps to save and email two separate pieces of paper.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add SKU on international

I would like to add the ability to have product SKUs or Order info on international labels from services like DHL or Firstmile etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When printing multiple packing slips, render each packing slip one at a time.

When selecting multiple orders and then printing packing slips for those orders, ShipStation currently renders all of the HTML for all of the packing slips in one step to one PDF.

This fails when rendering multi-page orders if more than one order is rendered at a time. (Multi-page orders render perfectly when rendering one at a time.)

Best practice would be for ShipStation to render each packing slip one-at-a-time to a temporary PDF, and then join all of the rendered PDFs (one for each packing slip) to one joined PDF. That one joined PDF would then be printed / downloaded.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. shipment notes

Sometimes customers give us specific instructions, such as Gate Code#, or please leave the shipment on the side of the house. It would be nice to be able take these "customer notes" and give shipping instructions to the carrier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Highlight quantity on order summary

On a previous shipping software I used the packing list generated had a red circle around product quantities greater than 1 to draw attention to it. With Shipstation I use the order summary to print a document for me to prepare orders for packing. This doesn't highlight when more than one of a product has been ordered and I've missed it on occasion. I imagine it would be a simple fix and would make life a lot easier for me as currently I have to print and highlight them manually with a pen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. print batch according to order #

I think it would be extremely beneficial to be able to print pick list for batches according to the order number. As of now, this is not an option for the pick list. This should be a very simple implementation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. api for printing packing slips

Add Packing Slip functionality thru API
    Would love the ability to generate packing slips through your API. currently that is not supported. really hoping you will add that functionality soon.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. FedEx Collect (Authorized Accounts Only) Option

Both of my big clients use FEDEX Collect (Authorized Accounts Only) option. This lets them pay for the shipping without giving everyone their account number.

See Snapshot of how FEDEX.com does it:

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Multiple boxes for scan to print

I love the new scan to print feature, except many of our orders have multiple boxes withe different weights on one order. I need to be able to add boxes right in this feature by scanning the barcode and adding details on that screen. IT is dumb that it only works for single box shipments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Different Printers for Ups, USPS, and FedEx

have a printer option in the Shipping Preset
    Ups and FedEx both give us a printer and labels with their logo to use so instead of having to switch the default printer if it was in my FedEx preset to use a certain printer would be nice

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add stock level to packing slip or pick list

It is great to have a option of inventory source, and display current quantity on orders windows.
    However, it will be much greater to have a option to add this(current stock level) on packing slip or pick list. This feature will save our warehouse guy tons of time.
    Highly recommend!!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option for the order of printing labels and packing slips

We print Labels and packing slips together. Currently the only option is to have the label print first and then the packing slip. When it comes to packing a mass ammount of poly mailiers (and being right handed) it would be better to have an option to reverse this order. Packing slip first and then label. Currently there is no way to reverse this order. It may seem like an odd request but until you have had to tear, peel and place labels on a poly mailer you probably wouldn't understand. It is just plain awkward.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shipping label size options too limited

I would like to make a suggestion that ShipStation work really hard to make a 4 x 6.25 option, and/or the 4 x 8 option available. UPS is a very large carrier for you not to support it's label sizes that work with the Zebra 450 printer. For those of us who use UPS, we get our shipping labels free of charge, so purchasing the 4 x 6 labels is not a viable option. It seems only logical that you would work to accomodate UPS customers, a huge market. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS! Right now I have to manually pull out…

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Providing vat invoice for UK buyers

If you are a vat registered company in the UK, you are obliged to provide vat invoice to the buyers. We have many customers asking for vat invoice in our business. It would be great if you could add var invoice option to Shipstation which is i believe very important.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

19. BRING DIGITAL STAMPS TO SHIPSTATION

Create a way to print digital stamps through shipstation. I have to hope between three different platforms at times to mail first class mail

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adding the total number of orders for each customer

It would be great to add the number of orders that each customer has received to their packing slip or label via a custom field. As a subscription company, we add little "gifts" and "add ins" depending on the number of months someone has been ordering. This works with our customer loyalty program. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base