Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Making International Shipping more efficient

Some of these ideas have been partially covered by other suggestions, but I wanted to roll it all together as (For me at least) it's a very common scenario and subsequent workflow.

Each time I receive a DHL order (which I'm trying to promote, since USPS is hopeless for international, and FedEx and UPS are pricey), I have to do the following:

- Print the label (1 click)
    - Print the customs form (1 click)
    - copy the customs form to get the 3 required copies

What I'd suggest happens is that since I've printed the label, I must have…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Disable archive doc when print DHL label

I am using DHL and whenever I print a label, an archive document will be printed out automatically. I want a settings that can disable DHL archive doc as it is a wast of label. Since we are using Shipstation, it uses twice the amount of label and half of them now turn into garbage. Please let me disable archive doc print out in Shipstation like in Shiptheory courier settings.

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, DHL requires the “Archive Doc/Copy” be presented to the carrier upon drop-off/pick-up of packages.
    We’ve seen a lot of comments for this being a waste of labels, however it is a requirement by the carrier.
    Would the consensus here be that a better option would be to have this Archive Doc/Copy print in a seperate method?
    For example: Labels are printed on 4×6, and the Archive Doc could theoretically be printed on an 8.5×11?
    Thanks to all of you for your comments and feedback!

3. Label Same Direction as Invoice/Packing Slip

I would like to orient my Invoice/Packing Slip on my Burris Forms Integrated Label to be the same direction as the shipping label (see Sample-Integrated-Label.pdf). To have the Invoice/Packing Slip printed in a different direction as the label makes it very awkward to confirm all the information when checking orders. This should be a simple fix and a very convenient one for order pickers & checkers.
    Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. QR

Looking for QR code support. We currently add the clunky old barcodes to our packing slips and would be able to work much faster and more efficiently with QR. PLEASE!!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Creating a label from the customer profile should support multiple shipping accounts

1. Go to the customers tab in ShipStation.
    2. Select a customer.
    3. Click the "Create Label" button.

This create label screen does not allow you to select your shipping account, so makes multiple shipping accounts useless when printing a label through this path.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Close label or batch window once printed to prevent same batch from being printed twice

We have recently had some human errors with the same orders or batches getting printed twice. I think this can easily be avoided with a feature that closes the label or batch window when you press print.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Highlighting "Other Forms" to be printed when printing labels

When I ship internationally, most of the forms I need are printed in label format. However, sometimes, when shipping internationally, I need to print a commercial invoice or other additional forms in order for a shipment to clear customs without any issues. Those forms are automatically generated when labels are generated. Because I normally print labels in batches, it's not obvious that those forms need to be printed and sometimes I forget to print them in the rush of remembering the billion other things that need to be remembered when processing an order.

When the labels are generated, there is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Print two different Packing Slips in a batch.

Print two packing slips for a batch of orders at once. One packing slip should be printed sales order amount, a second packing slip should be printed without the sales order amount. We currently are only able to print one packing slip in a batch (with sales order amount). The second batch (without without sales orders amount) has to be printed one order at a time.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Save third party accounts

I would love the ability to save a third party account so we don't have to paste over the account number and zip code every time. We do a lot of shipping that requires shipping on their accounts.

Also, we have employees in shipping that can't access that information and simply have to wait on a manager to print the label for them. A drop-down box with our saved third parties would help tremendously.

Then we could also set rules to default imports to certain third party accounts we have set up. I know FedEx ship manager has this functionality…

25 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Commercial Invoice Content Types

We sell books and educational materials overseas. We would like to have the drop down menu on "content types" on the commercial invoice default settings to include books and educational materials as our customers will pay less customs/duties with that designation. The "merchandise" option is requiring our customers to pay more in taxes and duties. Please help...

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automate a shipment manifest to print every day at a X time for all carriers

Automate a shipment manifest to print every day at a X time for all carriers for our records

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Reference number in Purolator Labels

It would be great if we can add a referrence number on Purolator Labels.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow "same as outgoing" as BOX SIZE return label option in Automation Rules

In the return label setting (not for automation) I am able to select "same as outgoing" for the box size. this only applies to one order at a time. Why isn't this an option for automation rule that serves the same function but can be applied to all orders (or domestic orders in my case)?

I have to manually process the return label for every order (which is included in each box), as we use different box sizes depending on the product and size, so I can't pick a single box size for every order, as there is a huge…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Thanks for your feedback.

While there is not currently this option, there are additional options to avoid manually updating the package type. When you set up these return label automation rules, you are able to set up a criteria to specify a specific package type. For instance, if you use different boxes based on order weight, you can add to the Return Label rule’s criteria “Order Weight is less than 8 oz.” etc.

14. Put batch in the order that we scan the packing slip

we use a scanner to add orders to a batch so that we may print all first class orders at once, then all priority orders at once, and all express orders at once, ect... The problem is that as they are added to the batch, shipstation puts the orders in order by age so newest to oldest. for a company like us who ships several hundreds of orders a day we need the batch to be in the order that we scan the packing slips. then when the batch is printed it would print in the order which we scanned…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! And are you referring to when you view these orders within the batch view in the orders page in ShipStation?

Or is this on the shipments page/when you print out the batches?

15. UPS Canada to US

I am looking to ship an order from Canada to US via UPS Ground and the error that I receive when I generate the multiple labels is "Package/ReferenceNumber is not allowed for this shipment" This is the first multi piece shipment I have done to the US through ShipStation. We use reference numbers for invoicing allocation purposes. Would you be able to allow/communicate reference numbers on multiple pieces from Canada to the US via UPS? Thank for any assistance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. end of the day

It would be great if I don't print an End of the Day report by my cut off time each day and there are shipments, an End of the Day report would be automatically created for me.

Often times I'm busy packing and or get caught on Saturday without manually creating a report and by the time I go to create one I'm no longer able to. So I have many packages that actually have been delivered and received by the post office but the tracking number for those orders don't show it. Furthermore, I have no proof that it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display Less Items in Orders

This somewhat links to an idea I just opened.

You guys need to offer functionality to reduce items on the page to like 10, 25 or 50 in orders.

So we are effectively printing smaller batches.

I want to keep a better eye out on printed labels.

It is too cumbersome when we have 100 unshipped labels in orders and I either have to select all labels I want to print, or have to 'select all' and deselect labels I don't want to print.

There should simply be more functionality that that.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! So you want to be able to have less than 100 orders on a page at a time? As in, make it so that you can have only 10 orders display per page by default, without the need for tags or filtering views?

18. Dynamic coupon code on custom packing slips

We currently put coupon codes on our packing slips, but to offer a TRULY juicy coupon we would need dynamic coupon codes that allow us to upload a list and have them inserted into the packing slip.

When doing this currently with Amazon orders we have to use a "group" coupon code, which means a customer can share the code to their friends, which is why we have to be careful not to offer a deal that's TOO good.

But if we had the ability to upload a list (usually text file or csv) of coupon codes that are set…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make Label Queue Visible to All Users Account-wide

We need a process that allows anyone who is logged into our account on shipstation via a mobile App or another PC to immediately create a shipping label which would be placed into a queue that everyone on the same account can see. This would allow immediate notification that an order has been processed and would enable our off-site warehouse to print, pack and ship orders that were placed in the label queue. Right now it appears the label queue is not visible across all users who are logged into the same account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Country of Origin Documentation

We'd like to generate and print Country of Origin documentation through shipstation for our Canadian customers who purchase products made in the US. That way they can benefit from duty-free clearance under NAFTA.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base