Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize printer settings per shipping carrier

We ship via multiple carriers, and would like to print different sized labels for each one. Eg a 4x6" label for USPS and a 8x11" label with packing slip for UPS. This was a feature we had with our old shipping software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. pdf label

It's quite obvious that when an RMA is generated via Amazon, that you can't upload a PFD. So, why would you system spit out a PFD, I can't use it. So, I have to change the format by going to a third party site or making other changes via my document properties. This is't a voting matter, its common sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great if we could have labels in batches labeled such as 1 out of 47 etc etc.

It would be great to have numbered orders in a batch because we have a large distribution center that would find that function to be really helpful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

4. Customize return label

is there a way to customize return labels? currently when including a return label in an advanced replacement it automatically generates a RMA# it would be nice to be able to change that RMA# as our own RMA# to track down the order the return goes to faster once received.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Joe, thanks for bringing this up! You’re not able to configure the RMA# at this time. You would need to edit the RMA # to match your systems by unchecking the “Auto-assign RMA #” box. We’ll keep this in mind when reviewing returns.

5. label dimensions

It would be nice to have larger label dimensions than 4"x6" to allow for more impactful branding as well as other necessary information for alcohol shipments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shipping label size options too limited

I would like to make a suggestion that ShipStation work really hard to make a 4 x 6.25 option, and/or the 4 x 8 option available. UPS is a very large carrier for you not to support it's label sizes that work with the Zebra 450 printer. For those of us who use UPS, we get our shipping labels free of charge, so purchasing the 4 x 6 labels is not a viable option. It seems only logical that you would work to accomodate UPS customers, a huge market. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS! Right now I have to manually pull out…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. local printer

I would like to print directly to a local printer which has no wireless/google cloud/ or syncstation access. This would be ideally for a chromebook/box user who has an old printer which wont play nice with google cloud print and cant access syncstation because it is a program rather than something online

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Label messages for UPS UK

Are you able to fix an issue so that label messages can be sent to UPS UK please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Continue to next line or wraparound for "Label Messages"

Currently many of our SKUs are too long to fit on one line, but we only use 2 of the 3 available lines.

We would love to have the option for longer SKUs to continue onto line 3 instead of cutting off at line 2.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add tag to packing slip

We need the ability to include the "Assigned To" and "Tags" fields on packing slips. We assign orders to a specific customer care rep, and since the packing slip follows an order through our production process, it would save a lot of time if we could include the "Assigned To" field on the packing slip somewhere.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. change text size on label

Regarding this article: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639957-How-can-I-add-order-information-to-my-labels-

Would be great if we can reduce the font size of the order notes that appear at the bottom of the label. It allows for very few characters since the font is so large.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. quickship

Using Quickship has greatly sped things up in our order processing, but we occasionally encounter issues with warnings being hidden. For example, If an order is canceled by the customer while it is in the process of being picked/shipped, it can still be shipped out since the canceled warning is hidden by using Quickship. This results in additional work and costs for us.

There is a long list of potential errors that are hidden by using Quickship: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/208740268-How-do-I-skip-the-warnings-I-get-while-I-m-creating-a-shipping-label-

It would be nice to be able to either have the ability to select warnings to handle as errors or at least…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Itemized packing slip

I would like an option on the packing slip to break units ordered onto separate lines versus having a count to the right of 2. For example, if a customer ordered 2 shirts it would appear
    shirt
    shirt
    vs
    shirt 2

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Displaying Skus of Kit Components on Packing Slip

We think it would be helpful if we had the option to display the skus and quantities of the Kit components (skuvault) on the packing slips. We sometimes use the packing slips to pick the order, and that would save us time from having to look up what the Kit components are.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Billy,

the way that ShipStation displays a bundle/kit is based on how the items are received from the marketplace. Ultimately, if the kit components aren’t sent to us as individual line items, we are not able to have them be subcomponents of a larger bundle SKU.

As you may have seen further support for this is popular across many aspects of ShipStation:

inventory: http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/17556553

Bill of goods for bundles: http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/2982447

However, the idea of the individual SKUs appearing on a packing slip does seem like something that could be a first step for us in our support of bundles.

That being said, we would need to have the components of the bundle displayed within our interface in order to display them on the packing slip.

Is your ShipStation account currently displaying the components of the kits?

15. COMMERCIAL INVOICE

Shipstation allows you to import separate SOLD TO information (different than SHIP TO information). This information is NOT passed on to the COMMERCIAL INVOICE in the SOLD TO/IMPORTER section.

I spoke with FedEx Web Services and all ShipStation needs to do is use the tag "CustomsClearanceDetail/ImporterOfRecord" and the Commercial Invoice will be correct (see attachement pg 531).

Currently ShipStation only allows the CONSIGNEE to be the SOLD TO/IMPORTER which is not always the case.

Please add this tag to your software. I've seen other requests for this as well.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the ability to create a shipping label without postage and shipping service

Please add the ability to generate a shipping label without postage or carrier information. We sometimes do local deliveries and it would be beneficial to our deliver person and for it to look more professional to have a shipping label attached similar to what is already generated by ShipStation.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Set the default packing slip size to different sizes for different stores

I would like the default packing slip to be an 8.5"x11" custom packing slip for 3 of my shops, and a 4"x6" custom packing slip for the other shop. I only seem to be able to set the default to one size or the other across my whole account. Going in and changing the default every time is quite time consuming and easily forgotten, which confuses other people when they log in and expect one kind of packing slip and get another!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the font size bigger on the Order Summaries. Our staff eyes aren't getting better with age, and it prints to small to read.

Two small of a font. So tiny it's ridiculous. Not all of our staff can read that small, and read it well. We are making mistakes because of it. Make it adjustable please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @MattGraunke, thank you for bringing this up! While we wait for other folks like yourself to chime in here, have you considered using ShipStation Mobile?

You can download or preview documents on your Apple or Android phone or tablet and use the zoom feature to help you see the items on the document better.

19. I would like to be able to change the return address on my Amazon Prime labels.

When I currently create Amazon Prime shipping labels in ShipStation, the return address on the label shows as the Ship From location. This is bad for me because my products ship from individual employees who do not want their names and addresses on the labels. It would be nice if there was an automated way to have the return addresses show up as our company address instead of the ship from address. This is possible on other labels, but appears not to be on prime.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Labels

Would like to see the labels printed with bigger/bolder fonts. The current software we are looking to switch from print them bolder and with a little bigger font. Its hard to see in the warehouse to cross reference order PO's on the label when printed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base