Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to create a shipping label without postage and shipping service

Please add the ability to generate a shipping label without postage or carrier information. We sometimes do local deliveries and it would be beneficial to our deliver person and for it to look more professional to have a shipping label attached similar to what is already generated by ShipStation.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set the default packing slip size to different sizes for different stores

I would like the default packing slip to be an 8.5"x11" custom packing slip for 3 of my shops, and a 4"x6" custom packing slip for the other shop. I only seem to be able to set the default to one size or the other across my whole account. Going in and changing the default every time is quite time consuming and easily forgotten, which confuses other people when they log in and expect one kind of packing slip and get another!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make the font size bigger on the Order Summaries. Our staff eyes aren't getting better with age, and it prints to small to read.

Two small of a font. So tiny it's ridiculous. Not all of our staff can read that small, and read it well. We are making mistakes because of it. Make it adjustable please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @MattGraunke, thank you for bringing this up! While we wait for other folks like yourself to chime in here, have you considered using ShipStation Mobile?

You can download or preview documents on your Apple or Android phone or tablet and use the zoom feature to help you see the items on the document better.

4. I would like to be able to change the return address on my Amazon Prime labels.

When I currently create Amazon Prime shipping labels in ShipStation, the return address on the label shows as the Ship From location. This is bad for me because my products ship from individual employees who do not want their names and addresses on the labels. It would be nice if there was an automated way to have the return addresses show up as our company address instead of the ship from address. This is possible on other labels, but appears not to be on prime.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Labels

Would like to see the labels printed with bigger/bolder fonts. The current software we are looking to switch from print them bolder and with a little bigger font. Its hard to see in the warehouse to cross reference order PO's on the label when printed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom field #1 should be available from the "order details" report under "Shipments"

Exporting from the Shipments tab, we use the order details report for our accounting. The Quickbooks Connex integration has not worked for us, so we manually upload our orders every day.

We use the order details report, which has "tracking #" and the item breakdown. But this order details report does NOT have custom field #1 available as a data point for export.

The order details report under the "orders" tab does have Custom field #1, but it does not have Tracking # as a field for export.

A key data point is missing from each report. It would be…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PACKING SLIPS FOR EACH BOX

A way to record which items were actually packed in which box.

Product A in box 1, product B/C/D in box 2, product E in box 3, etc.

Useful for our company and for the customer. The customer doesn't have to open a box to know what's inside. Our company has assurance that the order was packed correctly can protect ourselves if a customer claims part of the order was not received.

If we're allowed to ship multiple boxes through Shipstation, Shipstation needs to support packing slip for mutli box shipments.

Vote this up!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I need BLUETOOTH function in shipstation.

I need BLUETOOTH function in shipstation in case my internet went down and I can use my phone to print using shipstation mobile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Chien! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. When using ShipStation Mobile to print documents directly to your printer requires the use of ShipStation Connect and the internet. While we wait for other users to chime in, let us know if any of these solutions can help.

As you pointed out, ShipStation Mobile doesn’t support printing via bluetooth. If you wanted to print via bluetooth, you can download your labels and other documents directly to your phone’s memory card and connect your phone to your bluetooth printer (which may require a third party application).

Another way to print your documents is by downloading the documents to your phone, removing the memory card from your phone and manually upload the files to your computer to print to your printer.

9. Consolidate scan forms

There should be a way to consolidate scan forms into a single document. We have three separate brands that all ship from the same address. They have to be set up as separate "ship from" locations for branding purposes. But, there's no need to present so many different scan forms to the post office.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to bring this up! To reduce the number of ship from locations and scan forms you have to generate, you can override the company name of your ship from using your store settings.

As seen in the first picture here, the checkbox under “Company Name” needs to be checked off: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003856207

And once you’ve done that, the store’s company name will always be used on the ship from address so you’ll be free to have one ship from location!

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forum if you have any questions or if this wasn’t what you were referring to.

10. Order Summary by Ship Date

Suggestion. When printing Order Summary doc, it would be helpful if the list were sortable by Ship By Date. this way when packing a group of orders, the packer can work from top to bottom of page, filling orders by priority.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. International C.O.D.'s

We are currently experiencing a huge wave of international orders. A few customers have requested for COD. We are able to make the shipment work by going through Fedex.com and manually ship the order through them, but it is plenty more work for the shipping department to create a Commercial Invoice through their website.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SKUs on Batch Summary

You guy need to add the SKUs on the Batch Summary Page, that's the label that prints at the end of each batch. This feature allow shippers to use the batch for picking when it contains only one SKU, assuming the shipper prints each SKU on it's own batch. The Batch Summary Page would tell you what SKU the labels are for.

Unfortunately the note feature does not work which would have been a work around.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Place option for Product Variation on the shipping label-Such as color or size

Right now We have limited option to place within 3 lines on the shipping label (Sku, title...)

It would be of great help and better work flow to be able to see the product variation on the label as well.

This way, if you have the sku there, then right under on the next line you can see what color or size the item is as well.

I think this would be of great help to many of us.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unable To Print Multiple Package Order Labels Under New Updates

We have many orders that require multiple packages to be sent for the same order. We used to be able to highlight the labels and print all labels for the order right from the order screen. Now we have to create the labels, then leave the order, go to the shipments screen, and find each label and select them then print the labels. It was a great function for B2B business that do volume, now it's gone and utterly inconvenient and opens up our processes to mistakes...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Members of our product team that are involved with these order details redesigns have requested direct feedback from you and other users. If you would like to, feel free to email our product team at feedback-orderdetails@shipstation.com with your most precise feedback, criticism, and impact to workflow caused by these recent order detail changes.

15. Weight on shipped orders

Please show weight on all shipped orders!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Members of our product team that are involved with these order details redesigns have requested direct feedback from you and other users. If you would like to, feel free to email our product team at feedback-orderdetails@shipstation.com with your most precise feedback, criticism, and impact to workflow caused by these recent order detail changes.

16. For packing slip customization, is it possible to map Delivery Time (time in transit) onto the packing slip itself for printing?

For packing slip customization, is it possible to map Delivery Time (time in transit) onto the packing slip itself for printing? For example, USPS Priority Mail has a 1-Day, 2-Day, and 3-Day ship. ShipStation could draw this information from the Stamps.com API or FedEx API to provide transit time to warehouse personnel who are viewing the 8.5" x 11" packing slip.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @John, thanks for bringing up delivery time on your packing slips! We would like to see interest from other users on this before moving forward. In the meantime, there may be other fields that could help like [Requested Shipping Service] or, if you would like to enter this data in yourself, you may want to look into [Custom Field 1].

17. Need one or two customizable fields on shipping label when not creating an order

Shipstation is great, but, it should not require an order to be generated in order to get customizable fields on the shipping label or to ship third party. We create our orders in another program not compatible with Shipstation but we love to ship our orders using Shipstation. Why should we have to create an order twice just to get extra fields on the shipping labels? UPS Worldship and other programs have that ability. We depend on being able to enter: Quantity, SKU(s) as well as Invoice or PO # on the label so our warehouse can pull/pack and verify…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'd like to have a column header for 'Payment Date' on the "Orders::ShipStation" page

I'd like to have a column header for 'Payment Date' on the "Orders::ShipStation" page. I want to know how many days have expired since each order was paid for because ebay uses this to score seller status (e.g. Top Seller). 'Order Date' is not that important to me. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

19. Better Packing Slip Customization

We'd like more control over packing slips.

Wouldn't it be nice to include additional information, like a serial or lot #?

What about conditional fields that only show up when certain criteria are met? CSS and automation rule hackery can do some of this but it's so limited.

What about including additional variables like Customs Description and Declared Value for customs officials?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adding attachant to

It would be amazing to add an attachment to my orders. I work with a wide variety of distributors and inevitably need to manually enter sales data so that everything stays in shipstation. This increases my processing time, margin of error and general frustration. I would love to be able to attach their specific packing slip so there is no confusion in the sales process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base