Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mark as Paid - for multiple orders / bulk action

Currently you can only Mark one Order as Paid at a time. This is extremely cumbersome. I was chatting with support and they even told me it was possible, because the GUI makes it appear so. You are allowed to select all orders on the page and then click the Mark as Paid button, enter your Amount Paid and Shipping Paid info and submit...and you think it's going to work, but then it only Marks the top order in your selection. Such a tease! Boooooo. I'm on my way to go manually mark 75 orders as Paid, so I'll check…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, @Joe! Thanks for all this!! I’ve gone ahead and merged two of the three. It looks like the user there is asking for a plethora of bulk actions and I’d like to not limit that idea to only mark as paid.

Can you tell us more about how you process your orders? Do all of your orders go into Awaiting Payment, or is this a special subset of your orders?

2. Combined Orders

Provide more details about orders that are combined in the API. When an order has combined the data that you provide in the API is minimal. You provide no data if the order is combined at the marketplace.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the update! We’d like this one to gain more traction before moving forward on adding more data to the API when combining orders.

If you’re interested in supporting this idea, please add what information you’re looking for and any other information that helps outline the main challenges here today!

3. I have a website on Godaddy and would like to import items for shipping from debbys5dollarjewelry.com

I have a website on Godaddy and would like to import items for shipping from debbys5dollarjewelry.com

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Brandboom integration

Can someone give me an idea of what I need to do to connect Brandboom to Shipstation?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Brandboom and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

5. Show OrderID (ShipStations unique identifier for every order)

We have multiple ebay channels connected to Shipstation, so we get duplicate order numbers as Shipstation is currently using eBay sales record number as order id.
    Can we get the shipstation id to show up on record because our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id to fulfill the orders

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Matmul, thank you for bringing this up. Can you give us some more information on what you mean by “our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id”? For example, is your warehouse using the API for a custom app you’ve built? And how does this relate to what you’re looking at in ShipStation?

Hopefully we can work on a something that’ll help you get the ball rolling so let us know here in the product feedback forum.

6. australia post - MYPOST BUSINESS

Add mypost business csv import, like readytoship. My post business has more users than eparcel now!

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scan to Verify for Mobile

It looks like Scan to View is available on mobile, and can utilize the camera on the mobile device. Can we take it one step further and have Scan to Verify available as well? We have multiple people picking and packing orders, but not everyone does this behind a computer. Being able to scan to verify via mobile would allow us to be nimble and mobile, but also maintain accuracy.

What would be helpful is being able to scan the barcode on the packing slip, which will bring up the order, then allow the user to begin scanning the product…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add ability to see weather at destination location

We ship live plants, which are temperature sensitive. Depending on the weather at the destination location, we use special insulated packing materials and heat packs. Currently, we have to search for the weather at the destination location in order to make a judgement about the best way to ship. This takes a lot of time and effort.

It would be really amazing if there were the ability to pull weather information into shipstation. A simple high and low at the destination location would be perfect!

Thanks for considering,
    Jesse

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customizeable Labels/Barcodes for Order Items

If Shipstation would allow me to add a label to each item in an order and allow me to customize that label I could manage most of my production using just Shipstation.

For example if I sell a wallet and a shirt in an order, the wallet and shirt would each have a label that I could print out and stick to the item during production.

The label could include: Total number of items in the order (Item 1/1, Item 1/3, etc), buyer name, sku number, order number etc etc.

This would allow me to use shipstation as production software…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hello we are looking to add another "folder" to our ship station for back order items

Hello, We are looking for a way to create another "folder" for our items that are on backorder. As of now they are sitting in our holds "folder" and it is getting to be very confusing in that "folder". We need a way to organize the holds area. Thank you.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Run Automation on Single Order

Would be great if we could just run automation on just single orders, or select which orders to run it on. Since there is a lag with shipstation kicking in and running automation, this would be a very helpful work around.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better shipment tracking for shipments that have not been picked up/scanned

Please add a way to see if an order has been printed but not shipped. I have 1 week orders in pre-shipment and the only reason I found out about this is because the customer has email me. It would be very nice if we got alerts about this as well.

ex: "hey this order was printed 7 days ago and still have not shipped. click here to print out label"

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Internal Customer Notes that can be applied to future orders from the customer.

If we have a text note on a customer record, when it contains something, on the orders grid, a flag could appear next to the customer's name, indicating that there is a note on the customer order.

This would be handy for situations where certain customers have specific requests going forward. I have customers who request items be packaged in a specific way or they need some extras put into their order when they buy from us. Other customers require special notes on the packaging. Then there are customers that I owe some items to, and I promise them the…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow package dimension and weight automation for multi-package shipments

Currently, you can create custom packages, select from that list for the first package in a shipment, and can create a rule that changes the total order weight to match that package's weight. However, this doesn't work after the first package, and changing the total order weight causes problems with multi-package shipments. I would like to see this same capability extended to multi-package shipments.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display the actual tag name in the tag column, not just color

If you add the Tag column all you see is the color bubble. I'm trying to use tags to classify my orders properly but when I have the orders page open I can't see how that order is classified by just the color.

I'm slightly color blind but that's not the point here, if you're using tags to classify products somehow, then the actual tag name should be displayed in the tag column.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set package without setting service

Would be nice to be able to set the package for an order without having to also set the service. Service has already been selected by our website customer and imported into ShipStation so there is no need to change it. You can already set dimensions in a rule so why not package?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @mkujawski, thanks for taking the time to bring this up! When your orders come in with a specific service, you’re able to match this with a service and package type—we call it Shipping Service Mappings. Have you had the chance to check this out?

For example, when your customer selects “Expedited” service in your shopping cart, you’ll be able to automatically set this to “USPS Priority Mail Express, Medium Flat Rate Box”.

More info: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206640487

17. Folders for Automation Rules

I think it would be helpful if you could have folders to organize automation rules. With thousands of products each requiring automation rules to determine the best ship method, it would be hard to find my other rules.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filter Criteria using OR logic

Currently when entering multiple filter criteria they ALL must be true for the filter to match (ie, AND clause). This has clear limitations to the flexibility to filtering when you need to use an OR condition instead.

For example, to create an accurate filter for orders to Guam, you must create 2 separate filters, one with Country=Guam and another with State=Guam. If we were able to chose the logic operator (OR/AND) when setting up these filter criteria, both criteria could be used in a . single filter with the OR operator, instead of having to create multiple filters.

This idea…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. forward/back navigation on Shipments tab

When you bring up an order on the Orders tab it has arrows on the sides to quickly navigate to the previous/next order. Why is this not available on the Shipments tab???

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. auto-update shipping address indicated by color change or icon

We are having an issue with shipstation automatically fixes the addresses if it sees something wrong. We have also experience it changing it incorrectly and the package comes back to us as undeliverable.is there a way, that if the system auto changes or updates the address, for it to alert us somehow maybe with a color change or a different icon like it does with a messed up address?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @dherbs! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up! We will keep this in mind for future updates, and at the same time we’d like to see your idea gain traction from other users before making a decision.

In the meantime we’d like to hear some more information from you. About how often are your shipments being returned to you due to this each week?

Please add any other details that may help us and other users understand what’s going on by commenting here in the forum.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base