Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display the actual tag name in the tag column, not just color

If you add the Tag column all you see is the color bubble. I'm trying to use tags to classify my orders properly but when I have the orders page open I can't see how that order is classified by just the color.

I'm slightly color blind but that's not the point here, if you're using tags to classify products somehow, then the actual tag name should be displayed in the tag column.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding additional fields to the new order entry page

Add additional fields to the new order entry page. Right now you can only add address and contact info and the most basic order details. It would save a lot of time if an additional dropdown menu was added so we could select fields like "custom field", tags, warehouses, etc. basically all the other fields you can flesh out AFTER you enter the order.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Warehouse Location Shopify

Please work with Shopify to add a Warehouse Location feature with them to make picking orders easy! Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automate Emails for OOS and Buyer Notes

Automate emails on existing orders for when customer leaves a comment or an item is out of stock.

By entering custom field 'oos' or after leaving a 'note to buyer' create an Automation Rule that will allow you to send the populated 'buyer note to customer' or a generic email with an item list letting you know the item has not be sent and you will expect a refund.

This way all notes and comments can be kept in shipstation and notification. It will stop spreading our work team across separate apps and use shipstation as our sort of 'all…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reloading order problem

Currently if a customer provided an incorrect address and the order had been retrieved in ShipStation then correct it in CS CART and reloading orders does not reload the correct information. You are required to manually edit the address in ShipStation. To me this is simply a bug that needs to be fixed.

I was told that it was a limitation of the API. But XPS Shipper does reload the updated order without any problem. So it can be done.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Top Shipping Providers Running Balance (Dials on Dashboard)

Include a small widget at the top of the Orders page (next to the Customers link / calculator link) to show one or more shipping account running balances. For instance, Express1 is very weak on refund transparency (no accessible transaction log), when voiding a shipment, it makes life easier if we can see the balance increase "live" at the top of the page instead of going to Shipping accounts, reading the balance, voiding, then checking that refund was issued; i.e. balance increased by credit amount. We need to do this as a matter of audit. But if there is a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Leave "store" field blank but required when creating a new order.

When creating a new order the "store" field defaults to whichever store comes first alphabetically. We use this function to separate shipments by different departments within our business. By doing this we can track shipments by department very efficiently. If the "store" field were to be left blank by default (but still required) it would ensure the shipper is paying attention and selecting the proper store before creating the order.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Update order numbers OR specify order numbers on import

I would like to be able to bulk update order numbers after importing them. Or, easier still, I would like to specify what order numbers an order will get upon import (the way I can with a CSV) when I'm pushing from an integrated service.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reprocess Automation - single rule

We'd like to get a "Reprocess this automation rule" button next to each single rule, so that we can reprocess one rule without running all of them. We'd like to be able to apply just one rule to current orders without undoing some previous manual work, or in some cases change the order in which they are processed.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Time of Order

When viewing orders, there is an "Age" column that shows how old an order is, but it would be helpful if it actually read the time of the order. It's kind of silly trying to figure out the math backwards.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We keep the Age column so that users can easily determine if an order has been sitting too long and needs to be shipped, but if you need the order date closer to the front of the columns you can click on the Order Date header and drag it to the front. You can also deselect the Age column entirely if you don’t want to see it- just click Columns at the top right of the screen.

11. Post Delivery Confirmation Details back to Store

Sending Delivery Confirmation data back into our stores order details would provide great benefits. We do not consider an order to be complete until the order as been delivered and neither does most banking/credit institutions like PayPal.

Sending Delivery Confirmation details back into our order details on our store will allow us change the status to Complete. It will also allow us to provide automated follow up emails with customers to ensure that their order meets their needs. We can't send an email asking how their order turned out without first getting confirmation that the order was delivered.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your idea!

While we wait for other users to add their votes and comments, can you tell me more about how this would benefit you and what other marketplaces this would assist with?

There is currently a way to check into your shipments tab and see the check mark next to tracking, confirming that the package has been delivered.

You can also filter in the “Advanced Search” selection under the search bar in the top right to display only delivered orders.

Please let us know how else we can look into implementing this feature.
    Any other information you have to add as to what you’re currently doing to get around this and any other constructive comments.

Thanks!

12. Automate Shipping Method - based on rules

Automation of the Carrier and Package type is currently only done when the data is pulled in from the online store database. We want to automate the Carrier and Package type after the scale has provided the accurate weight.

Because we produce custom printed products it is difficult to know the exact weight of the customers order until the order has been packaged for shipping. Selecting the Carrier and package type can lead to errors and adds labor to our process.

Please apply the rules for automation on carrier and package type selection post weighing.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow for automation rules to work on multiple item orders

Need the ability for the automation rules to see multiple item orders. So you can create logic that IF it includes this SKU and also this SKU it will process these rules. This should be able to be done for as many items in the order.

The current automation rules do not work well if you have multiple skus that get sold together in a shopping cart.

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multi Package Shipping for Fedex UK

60% of our orders require more than one box and therefore have to be manually fulfilled.
    Fedex support multi package shipping so please add this to the UK integration.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. LImiting Inventory Permissions by Store

We have more than one customer's inventory in the system. I would like to give one of my customers a log in so that they can enter manual orders and see their inventory. There is not currently a way for them to only see THEIR inventory, all of the inventory for both customers always shows up. I would like to be able to limit them to only see the inventory in the store that they have access to. Can we make that happen please?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Display the Master SKU for alias SKUs

I would like the Master SKU to be displayed by default on the orders page for all of the alias SKUs connected to that SKU.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add character count operator to filters

As noted in your FAQ, some shipping providers have a 30 charater limit. With address verification enabled, sometimes ship line 1 and 2 will get merged causing the address length > 30 characters. There's no clear or efficient way to tell which orders have too long of shipping addresses.

Maybe add character length as a filter operator or and additional address warning flag?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tag orders by hot key

I'd like the ability to assign order tags by hot key, the same way we can currently set shipping presets. better yet, assign both a preset and a tag with the same hot key

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Todoist

Todoist Intergration for product processing and fulfillment after labels are created. If the items could be exported into a checklist within Todoist so that multiple people would be able to fulfill the orders and update in realtime while reducing the chance an order got lost in translation. Also helps me log and delagate at a deeper lever than shipstation is capable of. My products have multiple layers of customization and I need a more refined method to process them after creating a batch.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. package set

Allow for "automation rules" to apply "Package Sets" in order to process multi-carton shipments and retrieve rate quotes faster.

For instance, you ship your products in ready to ship cartons, each product being its own. If you have an order for 3 units, you can create a multi-carton Package Set and set an automation rule to do the following: If Number of Items is 3, assign Package Set #3 and it will automatically build 3 identical cartons which all you then need to do is print the label.

This can also work as an alternative way to achieve Dimensional Rate…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base