Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. delivery date api

Please make delivery date accessible via API.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi there! Thanks for submitting your feedback on this.

Currently, you are only able to get a ShipBy Date via the API, not the Delivery Date. Since you’re asking for DeliveryDate being accessible via the API, we’ll leave this request open.

However, can you give us more detail about why this is important for you? Please be sure to comment back here so other users can collaborate as well.

2. Split an order from Order Details view

Splitting orders for partial fulfillment is a very common activity for me, but the process is very clunky. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something that will make it easier.Right now, it appears I can only split an order by pulling up the Orders view (with or without a filter), selecting one order, digging around for the well-hidden "Split Order" option under the "Other Actions" button, and performing the split from there. One of the reasons this is cumbersome is that I spend more time in the Order Details view determining how the order needs to be split. I have…

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Total Paid

After going back and forth with support over several days, I find out that shipstation is mapping the "Total Order" amount to the "Total Paid" field, regardless of payment status. We import our Shipstation orders to Quickbooks and my 'awaiting_payment' status orders are importing as paid. I'm going to make the safe assumption that all marketplace api's export the actual 'amount paid'! This is the field that should be mapped to 'total paid' in order details!!!!

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More open batches than 5 at one time

I want to be able to have more than just 5 open batches at a time

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Calebw! Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea! We’ll keep this in mind. We’d like to see other users add support before making a decision on this.

Can you give us some more information on how you use batches today? What determines whether an order goes into a batch, and how big are your batches normally?

Any other information you could provide in the forum is much appreciated!

5. Order Line Item Level - Custom Information / Comment

For each order line item, could you please add a field for extra information or comment?

We do have custom product requirement on demand, and we cannot currently send it over from Order Management system to Shipstation.

This involves below -
    1. Creating a 'comment' or 'extra info' field in Order Line level
    2. Need API to have this field for Posting Order
    3. This field needs to be displayed in Packing Slip / Invoice.

Thanks,

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @HoonCAN, thanks for bringing this up! Have you considered using the custom fields? These are typically used for meta information you need even though they are applicable at an order-level and not like the line item-level you mentioned. You can also access this information through our API.

6. Please automate Mark as Shipped

I have 100+ monthly service invoices per day that import with Requested Service of "No Ship."
    Currently, I have to manually mark these as shipped under Other Actions.
    Please add an automation for "Requested Service (Marketplace)" so that I can mark these orders as shipped on import. There are clearly other users in my situation, and the capacity is clearly there.

Thanks for considering this.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automate Emails for OOS and Buyer Notes

Automate emails on existing orders for when customer leaves a comment or an item is out of stock.

By entering custom field 'oos' or after leaving a 'note to buyer' create an Automation Rule that will allow you to send the populated 'buyer note to customer' or a generic email with an item list letting you know the item has not be sent and you will expect a refund.

This way all notes and comments can be kept in shipstation and notification. It will stop spreading our work team across separate apps and use shipstation as our sort of 'all…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Post Delivery Confirmation Details back to Store

Sending Delivery Confirmation data back into our stores order details would provide great benefits. We do not consider an order to be complete until the order as been delivered and neither does most banking/credit institutions like PayPal.

Sending Delivery Confirmation details back into our order details on our store will allow us change the status to Complete. It will also allow us to provide automated follow up emails with customers to ensure that their order meets their needs. We can't send an email asking how their order turned out without first getting confirmation that the order was delivered.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your idea!

While we wait for other users to add their votes and comments, can you tell me more about how this would benefit you and what other marketplaces this would assist with?

There is currently a way to check into your shipments tab and see the check mark next to tracking, confirming that the package has been delivered.

You can also filter in the “Advanced Search” selection under the search bar in the top right to display only delivered orders.

Please let us know how else we can look into implementing this feature.
    Any other information you have to add as to what you’re currently doing to get around this and any other constructive comments.

Thanks!

9. Built-In Returns Manager

A built-in returns manager would be very useful for our business. Our needs would be relatively simple, and some of this functionality already exists:1. We would include a printed pre-paid return label with every package we ship.2. We would be able to track open returns in ShipStation, i.e., return labels that are currently in transit3. Unused return labels would automatically deactivate after X days for a refund4. When we receive returns, we would mark them as "Received" in ShipStation, which would automatically send the customer 1 of 2 possible template emails: either we accept the return and will issue a…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know you’d like a better way to handled your returns. We’d like for your idea to gain more support from other users before making a decision.

Please comment here in the forum with additional information that may catch the attention of other users.

10. item options

While I was writing an automation rule, I realised that I cannot choose "Item Options" as a criteria. If "Item Options" added as a criteria, most people can solve their problems on their own and lower your support expenses I guess.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. return labels in bulk

We need to print return labels in bulk. With shipstation, we have to do this one label at a time which is tedious. We should be able to make return labels in batches, just like we are able to create labels in batches. One label at a time just does not make any sense at all.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reprocess Automation - single rule

We'd like to get a "Reprocess this automation rule" button next to each single rule, so that we can reprocess one rule without running all of them. We'd like to be able to apply just one rule to current orders without undoing some previous manual work, or in some cases change the order in which they are processed.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. (Shopify & Shipstation) Allow Mapping of (Shopify) Order Tags to (Shipstation) Custom Fields

(Shopify & Shipstation) Allow Mapping of (Shopify) Order Tags to (Shipstation) Custom Fields - Seasoned Shopify Admins know the importance of tags in Shopify's internal systems, so Order Tags would be quite useful. I would image that is how Customer Tags came to be a field that can be mapped to Shipstation custom fields.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Branded Returns Portal problem - 'order not shipped' preventing returns

My customers are seeing 'order not shipped' when they try to return an item through the branded returns portal. Apparently the Branded Returns Portal looks for either a Shipment record or a Fulfillment record in ShipStation in order to determine that a return can be processed using the branded returns page. Since I have Shopify directly connected to FBA (not through ShipStation), ShipStation does not create this record. So I am having to go in and manually mark orders as shipped in order for the branded return portal to work. Not fun... Please consider changing the branded returns portal so…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. reorder shipping presets

We would love to have the ability to reorder shipping presets at will. Currently they only display in alphabetical order, meaning that some of our most-used presets (i.e. anything starting with a letter near the end of the alphabet: Standard Flat-Rate) are relegated to the bottom of the list, making us have to scroll at the way down every time.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Schedule Automation Rules

Once the Multiple Order Combination functionality works through automation rules the ability to schedule that rule to run will be necessary. For example, if you use the API to inject orders into ShipStation as they are processing through your store, or if you are importing multiple files during the day, you will want the combine multiple items automation rule to run regularly since right now the automation rules only run on import.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Internal Customer Notes that can be applied to future orders from the customer.

If we have a text note on a customer record, when it contains something, on the orders grid, a flag could appear next to the customer's name, indicating that there is a note on the customer order.

This would be handy for situations where certain customers have specific requests going forward. I have customers who request items be packaged in a specific way or they need some extras put into their order when they buy from us. Other customers require special notes on the packaging. Then there are customers that I owe some items to, and I promise them the…

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add more ways to hold orders: For X hours, or for X day at specific hour

Add more ways to hold orders

Make it possible to hold orders for less then a day, say for 12 hours or for 0.5 days.

Add option to hold order until X day at specific time. For example hold until tomorrow at 2pm.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import Third Party Account Information

Add CSV import Mapping fields for Third Party Account Numbers. Many of our Dropship customers want to use their own FedEx account numbers. Currently, we have the manually enter their Account Numbers for each order post-import. This is time consuming and can cause mistakes during busy holiday seasons

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Cara, thanks for bringing this up! While we wait for other users to chime in, I think there may be somethings we can do today to help you apply the FedEx account numbers faster.

Have you looked into an automation rule to charge to a third party? This will allow you to automatically apply account numbers to orders if you already know how to filter down your orders.

Alternatively, from the orders grid, you may want to look into using bulk actions to “charge shipping to 3rd party…”

20. CONVERT STATE NAME TO UPPER CASE

More customers are getting lazy now, and we seen a high percentage of amazon customers typing all their addresses in lower case.

This is causing the system to refusing generating shipping labels for them, even the address passed USPS address validation, because shipstation requires state to be in upper case.

Maybe it is good to have the system automatically turn all STATE to upper case, so we don't have to manually change on every order.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base