Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. custom formatting on order summary

Option to apply custom formatting to order summary. For example, having a box around products that have quantities over 1 or changing the color/weight (bold) of certain text.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here! If you think of more feedback please leave it here, being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

In the meantime, Custom Packing Slips would allow this to be accomplished.

2. Have a "mark printed" checkbox when printing packing slips

Of course, the functionality to have a "printed packing list" status or column would have to be implemented first, but the idea of knowing what orders you've picked picking or packing lists for would be ideal.

Currently, our customer service department prints orders out of our web store, and gives orders to our pickers/packers who then print from ShipStation. We would probably use the print pack list feature more easily if we had a way for ShipStation to mark the orders as having been printed, do avoid printing duplicate orders out of the system.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show OrderID (ShipStations unique identifier for every order)

We have multiple ebay channels connected to Shipstation, so we get duplicate order numbers as Shipstation is currently using eBay sales record number as order id.
    Can we get the shipstation id to show up on record because our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id to fulfill the orders

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Matmul, thank you for bringing this up. Can you give us some more information on what you mean by “our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id”? For example, is your warehouse using the API for a custom app you’ve built? And how does this relate to what you’re looking at in ShipStation?

Hopefully we can work on a something that’ll help you get the ball rolling so let us know here in the product feedback forum.

4. Ship by date - Also allow for specifying business days

For some orders we have a timeframe of 5 business days until order is due to ship. It would be nice if I could specify business days for Ship By Date, instead regular 5 days.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show all rates when using the CALC button

when the user presses the CALC button to get rates for all carriers, it would be great to be able to see all the rates, for all carriers on one screen - sorted lowest to highest. thus eliminating the need to look at each carrier and make a decision

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mark as Paid - for multiple orders / bulk action

Currently you can only Mark one Order as Paid at a time. This is extremely cumbersome. I was chatting with support and they even told me it was possible, because the GUI makes it appear so. You are allowed to select all orders on the page and then click the Mark as Paid button, enter your Amount Paid and Shipping Paid info and submit...and you think it's going to work, but then it only Marks the top order in your selection. Such a tease! Boooooo. I'm on my way to go manually mark 75 orders as Paid, so I'll check…

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Joe! Thanks for all this!! I’ve gone ahead and merged two of the three. It looks like the user there is asking for a plethora of bulk actions and I’d like to not limit that idea to only mark as paid.

Can you tell us more about how you process your orders? Do all of your orders go into Awaiting Payment, or is this a special subset of your orders?

7. automation rules awaiting payment

I would really like Automation rules to apply to orders awaiting payment and on hold. I have an automation rule that tags really large orders 'special order' when they are going to be made to order, rather than picked from inventory. My warehouse software SkuVault, is configured to ignore orders tagged 'special order' in ShipStation. However, because automation rules don't apply until the order is awaiting shipment, that critical tag isn't applied and my inventory is allocated in error. I would love to hear the counter argument for why automation rules shouldn't run for orders that are awaiting payment or…

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display the actual tag name in the tag column, not just color

If you add the Tag column all you see is the color bubble. I'm trying to use tags to classify my orders properly but when I have the orders page open I can't see how that order is classified by just the color.

I'm slightly color blind but that's not the point here, if you're using tags to classify products somehow, then the actual tag name should be displayed in the tag column.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multi package rate quotes

Allowing multiple packages for rate quotes in the calculator. 95% of our shipments are more than one box and it would be great for accurate quotes.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Set package without setting service

Would be nice to be able to set the package for an order without having to also set the service. Service has already been selected by our website customer and imported into ShipStation so there is no need to change it. You can already set dimensions in a rule so why not package?

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @mkujawski, thanks for taking the time to bring this up! When your orders come in with a specific service, you’re able to match this with a service and package type—we call it Shipping Service Mappings. Have you had the chance to check this out?

For example, when your customer selects “Expedited” service in your shopping cart, you’ll be able to automatically set this to “USPS Priority Mail Express, Medium Flat Rate Box”.

More info: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206640487

11. Adjust weight listed on automatic return labels

Our outgoing shipments are about 8 ounces heavier than the return shipment. Am loving the convenience of the auto-generated return labels to bother manually correcting the weight on the return labels, but would love a feature that allowed me to set the weight of the return shipment to a different amount (in our case, "outgoing weight-8oz").

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Folders for Automation Rules

I think it would be helpful if you could have folders to organize automation rules. With thousands of products each requiring automation rules to determine the best ship method, it would be hard to find my other rules.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. forward/back navigation on Shipments tab

When you bring up an order on the Orders tab it has arrows on the sides to quickly navigate to the previous/next order. Why is this not available on the Shipments tab???

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. automatically add funds for postage when processing return label

Automatically purchase more postage when creating a return label when the funds are deficient.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to Mark as Shipped by custom carrier.

Ability to Mark as Shipped by custom carrier. It will give opportunity to use ShipStation in any country.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. package set

Each one of my products = (1) Package.

I have several Package Sets simply saved as 1 Box, 2 Boxes, 5 Boxes, 10 Boxes, 25 Boxes, etc.

If ShipStation could expose "Apply Package Set" to its list of available Bulk Actions, then you could sort your Shipping Queue by Quantity and configure multiple packages across multiple orders en masse.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Split an order from Order Details view

Splitting orders for partial fulfillment is a very common activity for me, but the process is very clunky. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something that will make it easier.Right now, it appears I can only split an order by pulling up the Orders view (with or without a filter), selecting one order, digging around for the well-hidden "Split Order" option under the "Other Actions" button, and performing the split from there. One of the reasons this is cumbersome is that I spend more time in the Order Details view determining how the order needs to be split. I have…

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Total Paid

After going back and forth with support over several days, I find out that shipstation is mapping the "Total Order" amount to the "Total Paid" field, regardless of payment status. We import our Shipstation orders to Quickbooks and my 'awaiting_payment' status orders are importing as paid. I'm going to make the safe assumption that all marketplace api's export the actual 'amount paid'! This is the field that should be mapped to 'total paid' in order details!!!!

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More open batches than 5 at one time

I want to be able to have more than just 5 open batches at a time

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Calebw! Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea! We’ll keep this in mind. We’d like to see other users add support before making a decision on this.

Can you give us some more information on how you use batches today? What determines whether an order goes into a batch, and how big are your batches normally?

Any other information you could provide in the forum is much appreciated!

20. Order Line Item Level - Custom Information / Comment

For each order line item, could you please add a field for extra information or comment?

We do have custom product requirement on demand, and we cannot currently send it over from Order Management system to Shipstation.

This involves below -
    1. Creating a 'comment' or 'extra info' field in Order Line level
    2. Need API to have this field for Posting Order
    3. This field needs to be displayed in Packing Slip / Invoice.

Thanks,

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @HoonCAN, thanks for bringing this up! Have you considered using the custom fields? These are typically used for meta information you need even though they are applicable at an order-level and not like the line item-level you mentioned. You can also access this information through our API.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base