Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In-Store Pickup should be a service mapping

ShipStation is much more than just shipping software -- it's a platform to manage the logistics of a business. In-Store Pickup is very common for us, and it's important that staff who are processing orders be aware of that fulfillment method when seeing the orders list etc. Please create a Service mapping for In-Store Pickup! Thank you! You guys rule!

Jason

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi Jason! Thanks for bring this up (and the kudos!) Have you looked into tagging your local orders? This will help increase visibility and you can automate the tagging.

If you’ve got “local pickup” as an option on your store, we can import that value as the requested service (depending on which selling channel you’re using). If the requested service appears, you can make an automation rule that says “If requested service (marketplace) equals local pickup, then apply a tag”.

Once you get there, you can use the mark as shipped method to move the order from awaiting shipment to shipped.

Let us know here in the product feedback forum if you’ve got any questions or more information to clarify your idea.

2. Batch processing to add customs information to international shipments.

We have 165 international orders from a Kickstarter project (along with about 1,600 domestic). The international orders were imported WITHOUT customs information provided. It would be EXTREMELY helpful to be able to "batch" add information for customs to all of these orders. Just fyi, we do not have these orders linked to "products/items." We would simply like to bulk apply information to all of these orders. Unfortunately, there is not a feature that allows me to do so with customs information. Huge pain...

37 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your input! You’re right that we currently have limited bulk actions for customs information, so we’d like for your idea to gain more support from other users before making a decision.

Any information you can add here may catch the attention (and votes!) of users in similar situations. Please be sure to comment here in the forum if you’re still interested in having bulk actions for customs information.

In the meantime, since we do not support Kickstarter directly, here is an idea from another user to integrate with Kickstarter you may be interested in: http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/5619286

3. manual override setting needed for residential/commercial address type

SS discovers the address type through verification. But if verification doesnt work (international or brand new domestic location for instance) then Fedex shipping will default to commercial. This causes problems because ISR is not a valid signature option for commercial delivery. Also residential delivery uses the Fedex Home service not Fedex Ground. These services have different rates, schedules, and delivery options. If you create a shipment on fedex.com there is a checkbox there to allow you to declare the address as residential. SS needs the same capability.

37 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Lock packer to "Ship From" location

We would like to lock packers via admin setting to a warehouse location so that packer will not have to constantly use a drop down menu on order detail page to choose his location.

This feature should be beneficial to any SS user where there is more than 1 warehouse.

I.e. David the packer is located in NY, so upon creation of his account by admin we will choose a default warehouse for David - Warehouse NY.

Then anytime David will be logged into the system "Ship From" location will be preselected and locked for David.

If David moves to…

36 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customizing Carrier Drop Down Lists

As Shipstation is adding new carriers the list of carriers in the drop down lists is getting so long that it now requires scrolling to access popular carriers like UPS. This is really cumbersome when updating shipping information from a drop ship or external shipping process. How about either suggestion carrier based on the tracking number (which would also increase speed) or at least allow personalized reorder of carrier list or even turn off carriers not used by users in preferences.

35 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! It looks like you are referring to the carrier menu when marking orders as shipped. If this is incorrect, please let us know which carrier list you’re looking at in the comments below.

The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

6. Shipping and Quotes for Multiple Packages

We ship a large majority of our orders in multiple packages and currently do so manually by going into the order, clicking "+" next to "Package" to ship multiple packages, and applying a "Package Set". It would save a lot of time to allow multiple packages when creating new "Preset Groups" under the "Products" tab. Currently, it only allows us to preset one package under "Shipping Defaults" when adding a Preset Group. Please also input a "+" button for multiple packages for the Rate Calculator and when creating return labels. These new additions would improve our workflow and the efficiency…

35 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Copy Automation Rules

Please add the ability to copy automation rules just like packing slips can be copied.

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Amazon Delivery By Date

We are Seller Fulfilled Prime Amazon account. We need to see the Amazon Delivery by Date in order to select the cheapest UPS shipping method.

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mark as shipped only after it's scanned into the system

Mark as shipped only after it's scanned into the system. Need an intermediate status of "Label Printed". We get hundreds of orders each day and have the labels printed immediately. It is not easy to figure out which ones have actually been shipped and which ones just have the label printed.

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

10. Insurance on COST, not RETAIL price

When insuring a package, we want to be able to insure just the COST of the product if damaged or went missing, not the RETAIL VALUE. Currently your software takes the full retail value and uses that to determine the insurance amount. This doesn't make sense as shipping carriers will only reimburse you on the cost, not the retail value.This is a fault, as no system is set up like this.If I lose a $1000 item, but it only cost me $100, Fedex will only credit me $100.So why am I paying insurance on $1000 if Iêd never get refunded…

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your input, everyone!

Could you provide us where you gathered the information regarding what value the carriers will reimburse you with when you file a claim? We would be interested to know the policy for the popular carriers that you frequently use.

We would also like to hear more about your workflow – how are you currently insuring your shipments?

We will also be reaching out to our partners for more information regarding cost vs. retail price vs. insured amount.

Any additional information that you can provide for us would be appreciated! Please be sure to comment back here so other users can collaborate as well.

11. Allow ShipStation to update altered orders from Shopify... not just orders that have been canceled.

I use Shopify to gather my website orders. From there they are imported into various stores set up in ShipStation.

Why can't ShipStation update an order that has been altered in Shopify? For example, lets say an order is imported into ShipStation from Shopify. I realize that the order is missing an item which I then have to refund back to the customer. I do the refund in Shopify, but when I re-import orders from Shopify back into ShipStation, the order still shows the full list of items in the "Order Items" list... the refunded item(s) are still present. It…

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. search order by phone

Please add phone number to Advanced Search criteria.

When a customer calls and leaves a message in most cases phone number is all we have to find his order.

33 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @everyone!

Thanks for your continued support of this feature idea. With your feedback and input we definitely understand how searching by phone numbers is something valuable to many users. We are still reviewing this feature and are looking into ways to implement it. As we get closer to a decision, we’ll continue to keep you all posted.

13. Bring back search all history

Please bring back the 'search all time' option/link that displayed at the bottom of the standard 6 months of searching for historic orders.

The advanced search takes much longer to use having to pick date ranges etc - even having an option in that screen to just search for all time would be much quicker.

Thanks!

33 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would love to have a tags column for the Shipments Page

We use tags for both new orders and shipped orders, it would be great to be able to add the 'tags' column in the shipping window.

33 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for voting! We’d like for your ideas to gain more traction before making a decision. Can you tell us your use case for tagging your Shipments? We’ve received well-stated examples in the comments, but would like to hear more voices stand behind this idea.

Please comment here in the forum so we all can hear your thoughts!

15. Flag orders that have had their address modified by ShipStation

Nearly every online platform we sell on requires us to do at least this one thing, "Ship to the address provided by the customer" It gives us seller protection on eBay, helps our case in chargeback claims, and even A-z claims if they come up.

ShipStation's address verification is a very useful tool however sometimes it completely changes an address, and in the flow of hundreds of orders per day we are unaware of it. This leads to return to sender, dead letter, or even mis-delivered packages and in turn, into loss of profit on sales.

I'd like the chance…

33 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sorting items within order by SKU

Once you click into an order to see the items, there is no way to sort those items on the screen. We utilize the images so a printed sorted pack slip does not help. We need a way to arrange/sort items within the specific order on the screen. I know the system is capable of sorting the pack slips by SKU and a variety of other characteristics, please add this same sorting to the popup window that displays the content of an order.

31 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement updates and new features.

17. Be able to see and select more than 500 orders at at given time

Why can we only see and/or select up to 500 orders or shipments at any given time?

We import bulk orders and sometimes have to process up to 5000 orders in one sitting. This means we have to process up to 10 BULK imports.

Why can't you just select to 'SEE ALL' orders or shipments?

30 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Choose specific day of week for Automation Rules

I would like to have the option to choose a specific day of the week for an automation rule. For example, if the day is Saturday, change all of my FedEx Ground orders to UPS Ground.

29 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

19. Import Orders on a schedule

We would like to set a schedule of when it could import our orders similar to auto-periodically, but the feature of putting the time of when shipstation automatically start importing orders. This would save us 30 to 60 mins.

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @KevinBeyond! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up. At this time, we’re not looking to add this function in the near future, but we’d like to hear more about your current workflow.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by saving 30 – 60 minutes of time if you were able to choose when your orders import?

Here’s some background info on how our automatic updates work: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638707

Please be sure to comment here in the forum so other users can understand and add their votes, too!

20. Visual alerts/results when there are results for saved filters.

I would love it if there were a feature that allowed a visual alert (ie. the red number in the corner) if there were orders that fit any of your saved features. We personally have 3 filters that we have, and we have to manually go through them every day. If we could visually see the results, that would save a lot of steps/time. I attached an image I whipped up to give a visual example of what I was thinking. Just a thought! Thanks!

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, everyone! Thanks for voting on this one! We haven’t heard from you since our last update. Just to clarify, you’d like to see the results of your filters before using them, is that correct? Can you tell us how often you’re using filters each day?

All of your feedback is read daily and helps us to prioritize your ideas among the hundreds of others here in the forum!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base