Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. multiple 3rd party users sharing access to the same orders.

I am a product vendor logged into my client's shipstation as a user. I will never be the Admin. My staff performs 2 tasks often simultaneously or in close proximity that causes one or the other to get kicked off the system. One "cleans" the orders - splitting / canceling / fixing shipping / Customs etc.. The other ships the orders. Though they both need to be on the system at the same time, they would never be working on the same orders. It would be super helpful as a 3rd party vendor on a client's shipstation - if I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Instead of having to X out orders that don't meet the prime requirement it should allow for 3-5 options of shipping methods

When handling Amazon Prime orders. Instead of having to change the shipping method there should be an option to pick between 3-5 shipping methods in priority for shipstation to automatically process through that can save an exponential amount of time on a daily basis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Disable Certain Countries

I'd like to be able to disable certain countries because there are many countries that we do not ship to. We accidentally selected Swaziland instead of Switzerland. We'll enable one country at a time as needed. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Group Orders by SKU but Display Them in Alphanumerical Order Using the Warehouse Location

I would like to have the ability to customize our "view" by grouping single SKU orders but have them displayed on the screen in order using the "Warehouse Location."

That way, when we walk through our picking shelves the first order we pick will be the first order displayed in Shipstation and so forth.

This view would streamline the picking process to align with the orders on the screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow for the reordering of my custom packages so they appear in a better order in the pulldown

Allow for the custom packages we enter in to be reordered in the setup page on the website so that when you go to use the pulldown menu they are In a an order that aids the workflow. Right now if you add a box in and then another poly mailer to your shop later, it simply orders them in the order that you entered them. To change this, you need to delete the items and retype everything.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. branded return portal for shiphero or fba orders

Branded Return Portal doesn't work for Amazon FBA orders. Having to use Returnly - does exactly the same thing as Shipstation except customers can't initiate returns on shipstation. shipstation should allow returns on orders it doesn't ship out. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Use PayPal to pay for USPS shipping vs Credit Card.

I have funds sitting in PayPal from client purchases. I'd like to be able to use those to pay for the shipping labels vs paying with my credit card and needing to reconcile the two against one another later. It avoids the additional step.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Audible tone/message/siren for incoming orders (Next Day Air, Expedited)

Audible tone/message/siren for incoming orders (Next Day Air, Expedited)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Custom Colors for Label Page of Return Process

Give users the ability to edit the color scheme on the second step of the return portal (where a label has been created). Right now it defaults to the shipstation green.

Going above and beyond would allow users to also change the icons for each step.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Download settings

I love shipstation, however its the ONLY software platform out there that is lacking one MAJOR feature of being able to adjust which orders are caught.

In settings you need to add ability to go back to X-date or X-order number and refresh.

if an order is left OPEN and then changed to Processed as example or a failed order etc. After a payment resolution or fix on the order and the status is then changed within your cart, shipstation will not catch the order. you then have to wait for 1hr or more for a Shipstation rep to manually…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sub-Total & Total not properly populated on a manual CSV import

When doing manual CSV import, we've been told by TechSupport that the Order Total is actually a sum of the cost of all the products in the order.

Its not reflective of the Order Total value that might appear in the CSV file when NO products are being imported.
    It would be nice to have that also available in ShipStation.
    If Sub-Total/Total is available (ie not zero) it should be taken as such.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3rd Party Insurance Providers

At the moment, we can only insure our packages via carrier of our choice (FedEx and UPS) or Shipsurance. But unfortunately even with discounted rates from Shipsurance, prices are still too high and we like to be able to connect a different Insurance provider (3rd party)
    This will save us lots of money and allow us to use a familiar and trusted service provider.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

13. Hi, can we have the feature of cancelling orders by uploading a .CSV file please?

Sometimes we have to cancel orders in bulk. So, if we can do it by uploading a file then it will save us a lot of time. Hopefully it will help other people too.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MAKE RETURNS SEPARATE ORDERS!!!!

need to be able to view returns, be able to "receive them" etc. right now they are just kind of limbo associated with the order but exissting nowhere else

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. automatically apply the customs declaration info when shipping to a US territory like Guam.

It would be super helpful to automatically apply the customs declaration info when shipping to a US territory like Guam. Currently, we have to manually enter this information for each shipment to US territories that require a customs form. If the information can be included for an international shipment, there should be a setting for exceptions, like US territories

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @CustomerService33, thanks for bringing this up. Your orders going to Guam should import with the proper customs information available and this may require additional troubleshooting from our support team.

Do you notice this with all of the orders going to US Territories or just Guam? Again, I recommend sending this information to our support team from help.shipstation.com for the fastest resolution.

16. Custom Order Status Mapping for 3dCart

Currently you don’t support 3dCart custom order mapping. We want to switch to your platform but this is a show stopper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show the number of previous orders as a column on Orders screen

When I hover over a customer name, it shows me the number of previous orders from that customer. This is information I want to be able to see at a glance, instead of having to hover over each name in the list. It would let me quickly identify repeat customers vs. new customers.

Better yet, I would like to see the products ordered previously on hover or on click of the number in that column.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Problems with Shipping address in Puerto Rico

Orders with shipping address State says "Puerto Rico" should correct themselves as "PR" instead of making us crazy trying to guess what's the problem with this order that system can't print label

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. how can I know which order were sent to pick

how can I know which order were sent to pick?
    I would suggest adding a filter that you can choose to see only the orders that the packing slip wasn't printed.

Any other suggestions or do you currently use some other method?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. "Order Number" and "Order Date" should be editable

Order Number and Order Date should be allowed to be editable. There are times when auto-generated number is not desired, or simply a typo was made, and I only realized it after the order has been created. I synchronize ShipStation with QuickBooks, so I'd like correct mistakes before syncing.

I wish ShipStation could rely on other means of having unique index number for each order and not rely on Order#/Ship Date so they can become editable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base