Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Order Confirmation

PRE Ship Item Confirmation-
    Currently, All orders are awaiting shipment, Work is done prior to shipping, then the order is shipped.It would be nice to have a ready to ship and or other statuses. For example, The quantity listed is the order quantity. If there was another Column Items "ready to ship" or "confirmed qty's" you would type those qty's there. Then when you clicked ready to ship, the order would split. One would be the shipment the other, original would now be a back order. The column "ready to ship, would show shipped and the date. In addition to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. PLEASE, allow line item fields to be able to populate with a item upc scan, for inputting items in manual orders

Allow for upc OR barcode scanning of items to populate line item fields in order edits, OR manual orders. this would be super helpful, and honestly seems strange that it's not already a function. Sometimes I put together comped influencer orders, and want to pull product before i make the order, and being able to scan the order into the fields would save time. I also sometimes need to edit those manual orders, and being able to add products by scanning them would help a lot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Importing "Customization" info

Would love to be able to import "customization" info from Amazon when using Amazon Custom for personalized items

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a box on New Order Screen for Customer PO Number

Hi, It would be great if you can add a box by the new order menu to enter our customer PO number, so it also appears on the packing list, and when they receive the order they know what it is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show Thumbnails in orders grid! Small image should be an item that can be added in the grid!

I come from a different platform, recently switched to shipstation for several advantages, but the most annoying issue with ShipStation is that the orders grid does not shows a small image of the item.

I know you can show the order details on the right and there is a thumbnail there, but it would be great if a thumbnail was appearing on the orders grid.

Think of it like how eBay display search results when you search for an item: it shows a grid/list of items, first think you see on the left of each raw is a thumbnail......................... thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fedex PO Reference Field

Hello we use Shipstation for almost everything and it's been great. For our wholesale orders to Walmart.com they require the PO number in a specific field called "P.O. Number"

We're able to get the PO number to appear for the "Your Reference" field by adding the number into custom field 1. However we're unable get it to appear in the more specific "P.O. Number" reference field. I've attached documentation from their shipping guide describing this.

We would love to use Shipstation to ship Fedex for our Walmart wholesale orders but are unable to until this capability is available.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We need to create subitems from the main items!

We need to create subitems from the main items!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. record the delivery confirmation page from the carrier in a PDF format.

We need a automated way to record the delivery confirmation page from the carrier in a PDF format. like this page for example:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tLabels=1234567890123456789012

This deals with a current scam we are seeing with purchases over than 120 days old where the purchaser is claiming "Not Delivered", and the tracking information has been purged. We can fight it in any which way

We been hit a couple of times by this and we are manually doing this for all older but I am willing to pay for it to be automated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow decimal quantities for orderitems via the api.

not everyone deals in whole numbers so it would be very helpful to have this functional

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Button for mapping address location

Im going to sound lazy when I say this , but can you add a button next to the address that will link directly to a map software. Google earth would be great. I use this often to be sure that if someone orders and provides a Postal address that they truly do have a mailbox or mail slot. Actually looking at the satellite view helps immensely with making sure the address is correct. I understand I can copy and paste but a little button would be O so cute!
    Thank you !

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Edit packing slip

When someone accidentally orders the wrong size and wants to change the size... I want to update the packing slip before I print the label. This would save so much time. I can go in and make the adjustment and then when I print 30 labels or more.. I dont have to try to find it and write on it with ink. This happens all the time and it's hard to keep track of who wants what after I print the labels.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would like to be able to edit a user name, since I fired one person who had her own username.

Would like to be able to edit a user name, since I fired one person who had her own username.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! You can make your users inactive and this will remove their access from your ShipStation account. Is there another concern you have in regards to this user’s access to ShipStation?

13. Logo on "Ship From" addresses.

We do drop shipping for some clients using our address. It would be much simpler for us if we could add their logo to the "Ship From Address" rather than having to create a whole new store for them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Looking to create an automation so a tag can be placed on orders where the Inventory level drops below 3 units

Looking to create an automation so a tag can be placed on orders where the Inventory level drops below 3 units

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change the way SS works regarding sync of info across accounts.

This is hard to explain but has to do with how SS syncs changes after they are made.

Currently, SS can track some changes and inform users in real time that something happened. For example if an order moves status, SS will pop up a box saying that orders have moved, so click here to refresh.

But other changes do not sync live. If people change notes or tags or anything else, it doesn't sync in real time.

What's worse is that when people make changes, those changes are seen on that same computer because SS caches the changes immediately. …

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow 1 label per item

I noticed that there are several people asking about this and it keeps getting closed for lack of interest. No matter how I tweak orders coming in to shipstation, they always get lumped in one label that is the sum of the weight and value of the entire order.

Can we at least have a way to simply allocate products to each package, so Package 1 has 2 x widget A and 3 x widget B, etc? Rather than having to open up the products database and calculate the weights and values again by hand?

This is a major pain…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Move everything in current view to a batch

There's a lot of sorting that I have to do to several thousand orders every day, and I do it all through batches. However, I can only add the 500 orders I can see to a batch. If I had the option to add everything in the current view, or perhaps as a "Bulk Action", to a batch, it would save me from having to scroll through 45 pages, adding each set of 500 orders to a new batch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Users To Re-Order Custom Package Sizes

See attached screen shot. There is no abiilty to re-order package sizes. So if we start using a size more often and want to put it at the top of the list we are forced to delete and re-add all sizes. Can you allow a "drag-and-drop" re-order feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Map "Order#" to "Message Displayed on Invoice" for Quickbooks Online

We send shipped B2B orders to Quickbooks online as Invoices.

Right now our order number map to the "message displayed on statement" instead of the "message displayed on invoice." The order number is, more often than not, the PO# for the shipment. This number needs to be displayed on the invoice. It would be SO much more functional for the order number to map to the invoice message - please make this the default, or at the very least an option for those of us who need it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ship Date is one of the only order grid columns you don't have a criteria for

Ship Date is one of the only order grid columns you don't have a criteria for. Please add it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base