Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move everything in current view to a batch

There's a lot of sorting that I have to do to several thousand orders every day, and I do it all through batches. However, I can only add the 500 orders I can see to a batch. If I had the option to add everything in the current view, or perhaps as a "Bulk Action", to a batch, it would save me from having to scroll through 45 pages, adding each set of 500 orders to a new batch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow Users To Re-Order Custom Package Sizes

See attached screen shot. There is no abiilty to re-order package sizes. So if we start using a size more often and want to put it at the top of the list we are forced to delete and re-add all sizes. Can you allow a "drag-and-drop" re-order feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Map "Order#" to "Message Displayed on Invoice" for Quickbooks Online

We send shipped B2B orders to Quickbooks online as Invoices.

Right now our order number map to the "message displayed on statement" instead of the "message displayed on invoice." The order number is, more often than not, the PO# for the shipment. This number needs to be displayed on the invoice. It would be SO much more functional for the order number to map to the invoice message - please make this the default, or at the very least an option for those of us who need it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ship Date is one of the only order grid columns you don't have a criteria for

Ship Date is one of the only order grid columns you don't have a criteria for. Please add it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to edit "sold to"

As a gift company, we often have different buyers and recipients... It's difficult to do things that can't be edited and whole orders have to be deleted and re-created to edit one thing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Unicode (non-Roman characters) support

We have a company store that sells to the world market. Countries in Asia (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) use 2-byte, non-Roman, unicode characters in their names and addresses. These address will have last characters filtered or altered when printed. It is annoying and risky to loss, not able to print them properly. As more and more companies sells internationally, it is good to prepare ShipStation ready for world markets.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reoccurring orders

Please consider allowing us to enter reoccurring orders once for our repeat customer accounts. (Ex., I have several restaurants that order same products in the same quantity weekly or bi-weekly.) It would be great to enter the order once & be able to click a repeat order box & have it appear once in the "awaiting shipment" list & then repeatedly in the "on hold" list with the correct shipment dates, items & quantities already keyed in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. api ecomdash integration

We have integrated ecomdash with shipstation to feed all the order details. theer is only limited infromaiton transferred to shipstation regarding teh order. i would suggest the product/package related informaiton be transferred from ecomdash as well. this will help in creatign the shipping labels. here is teh example of informaiton:
    weight
    dimension : length, width, height

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Importing Custom Fields from BigCommerce

We currently use BigCommerce and we're loving the ShipStation integration. We do have one BIG request, which I know a lot of others would like. We have a custom address field called "PO NUMBER" which we'd love to be able to import into ShipStation. This is important for us as we use ShipStation to send email confirmations upon shipment. Included in this email is a PO #. Our work around so far is to add a CUSTOM item onto the order, so that we can see the PO # as an item in shipstation. We then manually copy/paste that into…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Top Shipping Providers Running Balance (Dials on Dashboard)

Include a small widget at the top of the Orders page (next to the Customers link / calculator link) to show one or more shipping account running balances. For instance, Express1 is very weak on refund transparency (no accessible transaction log), when voiding a shipment, it makes life easier if we can see the balance increase "live" at the top of the page instead of going to Shipping accounts, reading the balance, voiding, then checking that refund was issued; i.e. balance increased by credit amount. We need to do this as a matter of audit. But if there is a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. multiple packages column for CSV Order import

Need to have an option in CSV upload for the number of packages per order. Would also be great to be able to simply enter the number of identical packages on an order vs manually duplicating each package.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am looking to reset my customer shipping records

I would really appreciate if I had the ability to erase all of my customers shipping data and be able to start with a new shipping history.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow users to choose when orders move from the Hold file to the active order file

We have an early bird that processes our orders, but any orders in the hold file don't transfer over to the main order page to be processed until 5 AM. I know it's not a huge ordeal, but when you have lots of orders on hold for specific ship dates around the holidays it can be tedious when this is supposed to make things easier and smoother.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have not located this specific item, however, we have been told that this is being worked on. I would like to be able to split and order a

I would like to split a customer's order and for the customer to see what is included in the shipment and what has been split out for another shipment. Currently the split items are dropped off the list.

Looking for a detail on the progress of this enhancement and timeline. It is frustrating to continue to hear that there is no updated timeline. I have never been provided a timeline or status of development or testing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Search for orders using tags.

Please could you add the ability for tags to be typed into the search bar and bring up specific orders. I know you can do it in the advanced search but this is a slower process. if orders can be searched for using a tag then a barcode for a specific tag could be scanned and the correct order(s) can be brought up increasing speed of workflow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi thank you for bringing this up! Can you tell us a bit more about what you’re looking to do with these orders once you’ve found them or why you’re looking up orders by tags?

You may be able to use filters to look for orders marked with specific tags instead. Here’s some information on how you can do that: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205899958

Please let us know here in the forum what you think.

16. Return Delivery Notification

prAna sends an email out when a return has been delivered to one of their facilities. It answers a ton of customer service questions that will save us from a lot of phone calls. It also gives a status to the order so the customer can expect when to get their refund. I hope that ShipStation will implement this feature.

Here is a copy of the email.

prAna Has Received Your Return

Hi Customer,

Refunds are typically completed within 7-10 business days from the day we receive them. However, please note your bank's policy; refunds may take an additional 3-5…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Multiple Items Warehouse Location View from Orders

Currently when an Multiple Items order is imported into shipstation that has a Warehouse Location set up it only shows as (Multiple Items) in the Awaiting Shipment Orders view.
    Our pickers/packers go off by the Warehouse Location every morning and pick all of our items however when there is an Multiple order they get stuck because it does not show the specific Warehouse Location.
    It would be extremely beneficial if ship-station implements a way for our packers to see where each item is located from the Orders view when there is a Multiple Items order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add service mappings to manual orders created in ShipStation.

So when I create a manual order in SS, I can not select a shipping service. So when sending to the warehouse they have no idea about what provider to use and they just pick one. Can you give us the option to select a shipping service?
    Also, keep in mind that we not always can use your pre-loaded providers - for example, we ship with a 9 state company called SpeeDee, so we have to have the option to select a custom service name like SpeeDee.

When shipped with speedee we have to go into each order and update…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show Actual Text of Notes in Orders Sheet Instead of Tooltips

We need to look at the notes for almost every order, which means taking the time to 'hover' over 3 separate icons for every order. It would be much easier if the text of each note were part of its own separate column (from, to, internal) and each were its own column. This would save us dozens of hours of work a week.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adding Warehouse Location to Order Details Page

It would be great on the Order Details page to be able to see the Warehouse Location under the Order Items. From an efficiency standpoint, it would be helpful to use it as a pick and pick for that order, especially on multiple item orders. Once done, simply click the right arrow and be able to go to the next order and begin picking and packing it immediately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base