Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We regularly combine shipping and refund our buyers if they made several separate transactions and didn't receive the combined shipping disc

We regularly combine shipping and refund our buyers if they made several separate transactions and didn't receive the combined shipping discount automatically.

As of now, we are just manually tracking our combines as we make them in Ship Station by writing them down at the end of each day. Then our office manager get's the list and manually refunds these customers. There is so much room for human error in this system that we are constantly missing refunds and customers are getting upset.

Is there any way to generate a daily report of the orders that we have combined? That…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hey there!

Thanks for your great idea!

While there isn’t currently a way to do this, I hope you’ll find this suggestion useful.

Anytime an order is combined for your needs, you can tag an order (that you will create and name), and at the end of your day you can filter for said tagged orders and view this way! While this still leaves a small window for human error, it will be easier to pull all combined orders in a single view.

After you have all orders filtered this way, you can also do a custom export to stand in as the “Report” you desire.

For now, we will keep this idea open for others to comment and leave their feedback on. If you have any issues with the suggestion provided, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team!

2. Purchase Postage In Return Portal

Hi,

I am a longtime user of the platform and it has saved me a ton of time shipping as my business grows! One thing that I have noticed with the new return portal is that I can not purchase postage for USPS.

When I print a normal label I can buy postage right there in the shipping portal.

However when I go to create a return label, it will not let me purchase postage in the return portal. I have to open a new tab, then go to settings, shipping carriers, select stamps.com, then manually purchase postage before I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. transfer manual order

For example we have 3 business running and they don't have an option to export the orders (it's not amazon/ebay).
    So we use 3 manual stores and sometimes we have errors, an order that is shipped from 1 manual stores, actually needed to be shipped from other.
    Having an option to transfer order would be great.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to mark a single item as picked on a multiple item order

The ability to mark an item as picked on a multiple item order would help us tremendously. The item marked as picked would not show up on the pick list.

For example, when we have an order with item A, B and C at the beginning of the day. A, B and C will print on the pick list. During the day we use the pick list to find items A and B but cannot locate C. We put A and B to the side in our shipping station and keep shipping the rest of our orders. (This probably happens…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Assign Order Within Order Screen

It would be great to be able to assign an order to someone from within the order itself, not just at the summary list screen with the checkbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please change the international icon to something nicer

I understand that a change was rolled out last Thursday, July 27th, that changed the icon for international orders from a globe of the earth to a black circle with a question mark inside it. This appears for users who do not have international address verification enabled. Since I do not want to enable this feature, I honestly can't stand looking at this new icon. It kind of makes you feel like there is a problem with the order and it's just plain ugly.

My suggestion would be to put the globe of the earth back the way it was,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. NMI Integration

We use NMI for a processor and would love integration between ShipStation and NMI. We are currently having to manually enter orders from NMI. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to update single split order via the API

When an order is split, all of the related orders are given the same internal "orderKey". When updating any one of the orders using the API, the values given (even if they are the right ones ex. address) overwrite all of the orders. There may be some internal logic as to why they share the same key but if I want to target only one of the orders I am unable to do so through the API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. IF AN ORDER (LABEL) IS VOIDED, PLEASE DELETE IT FROM THE ACTIVE BATCHES.

IF AN ORDER (LABEL) IS VOIDED, PLEASE DELETE IT FROM THE ACTIVE BATCHES.
    RIGHT NOW IF YOU VOID ORDERS AND YOU GO TO BATCHES, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PRINT IT WITHOUT NOTICE, EVEN IF YOU ALREADY VOIDED IT.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Splitting On Hold Orders

When splitting orders from the On Hold tab it is redundant for the split item to move automatically to the Awaiting Shipment tab. I am splitting the order because each line item needs a different action taken to it, which does not necessarily mean it's ready to ship, perhaps 1 line item needs to be cancelled. It's not an effective workflow to have to constantly be jumping between tabs and moving split line items back on hold.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Product Level Data Points Exposed to Automation Rules

I have been using shipstation for many years now, and something I have wanted from this software since the beginning, and never been able to dial in, is being able to set up enough criteria to determine the correct way to ship every order that is imported, and essentially have shipstation tell our shippers how to ship an order, what packaging a product goes in etc.

This is something that should seriously be worked on, as any Retailer with any amount of complexity to their product offerings would benefit from having more intuitive options and control over automation rules.

The…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automation Rules for Sending Emails to Customer Service After Order is Tagged

I was having difficulty setting up an automation rule to send customer service an email after an order has been tagged 'out of stock'. The reason I was advised this does not work is that Automation Rules involving sending emails will only do so at the time of import. So if the tag is being applied after the order is imported into ShipStation, it will not send the email. This would greatly streamline many sellers workflow with different order tags triggering customer service tickets for better tracking of issues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate Magento RMA's with ShipStation

When it comes to RMAs within Magento, that information does not get sent into Shipstation on order import. When a Magento order is marked as Shipped in Shipstation, it does not accept any further status updates from Magento.

I would like further status updates from Magento to use the RMA functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If statements for saved order views

You should be able to use if/and/or/but statements for saved order views. For instance an order view with if tag A exists on order but not tag B

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display Name of Filter applied prominently on page

I'd like it if the name of the saved order filter that is currently applied could be prominently displayed, perhaps after the bold page header (i.e. Awaiting Shipment :: All Orders) in brackets or something. Information is power.

Important for us and I imagine for others, because we manage multiple stores which all have very specific processes in our system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. At this time, you will only be able to set one view as default per order status. If you add a default view to your Awaiting Shipment, then a

Allow saved "order views" per status type.

At the moment, you can only set one view as default per order. If you add a default view to your Awaiting Shipment, then attempt to add a default to your Awaiting payment status, the most recent one will cancel the former out.

It would be better if the "show me this view by default" worked per status.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make the "created time" of a label available as a column of data

It would be nice to be able to export all of my shipping data and have this information included. I can hold employees accountable to how much time went by between orders or I can see which employee shipped which order based on time shipped if they have to share a user account. The time stamp is already available if I look under order activity, but if I could see it as an actual column that would be infinitely more valuable so I did not have to look at every order individually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. item options

Allow Item Options to be displayed on the Awaiting Orders page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remember sort order for batches

Would like to set a default sort order for batches. I like to alphabetize by recipient but everytime I leave the batch view it forgets how it was last alphabetized.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Custom Field for Customer Shipping Notes

We have many customers that request the shipping company leave the package in a specific area, such as a garage or back door to prevent theft. The ideal solution would be to have a customer marketplace field that we can add shipping notes that is then mapped over to ShipStation as a note to the carrier on the label. The other option would be to be able to add custom notes to customer records on the shipstation side that would then carry over to the order and label. We implemented a workaround automation that performs this action but its not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base