Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Tracking Number to Export Orders

This is maybe small, but it'd be huge for us.

Can the tracking number please be included in the fields you can choose for Orders > Other Actions > Export Orders?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi @Erica!

Thanks for bringing this up! What goal are you looking to accomplish with this export? There may be another report that can help.

If you go to the Insights page and click on reports, you can run the “Shipped Items” report that will give you things like order number, SKU, and tracking number, too.

Please let us know here if this other report works for you by commenting here in the forum so we can open discussion with other users. Thanks!

2. Support partial order updates via ShipStation's API

For the orders/createorder endpoint, if a valid orderKey is user-provided, the request becomes an order update. This means that we must fetch the order's data and then regurgitate it back in our request, even if all we wanted to do is change one thing. This not only creates extra work, but is also error prone, because simpler is always less prone to bugs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Phone Number Copy Automation

We use Royal Mail and they send SMS messages to customers to inform them of delivery.

In ShipStation we currently have to copy and paste the customer’s mobile phone number into the SMS notification field.

This manual process is time consuming so it would be really useful to have an automation rule that copies the customer's phone number and pastes it in this field.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. email notifications on auto order fulfillment errors/problems

In the case of FBA Amazon integration stop working, we need to get an email for immediate action

As we don't monitor order fulfilment and email if case order cannot be fulfilment can help us improve customer experience

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sort items that have not been returned, but have been delivered.

We send out items with prepaid return labels that the customer MUST send back. There is no way to filter orders by those who have received their order, but have not sent it back.

Every order, even if it has not been sent, gets a return label.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ship-to

I sell products that cannot be shipping to a person's door, they need to go to a licensed dealer. However, we allow customers to leave their shipping address as their own, in case their order is mixed with products that can go to their house, to expedite that portion of their shipment.

I would like it that if an order meets certain criteria that I set, then the "Ship-To" address field imported from my store into ShipStation would be deleted or left blank/empty.

This would be as a fail safe to prevent shipments from going to the wrong address, since…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. View Ship to address in order view

We ship multiple orders to the same location. It would be nice if we could see the ship to address in the main order screen so we can sort / filter by it and easily select all the orders going to the same location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Order Refresh Button - Check for updates to an already imported order

If an order has been pulled into SS, and then subsequently the customer contacts the seller to make an order change (Add an item, remove, etc) the order is not updated within SS. Regardless of how many times you request a refresh, an orders contents that has already been pulled into shipstation is not re-checked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. search by RMA

It would be great to be able to search by RMA. The numbers are there, so it seems odd that there's no way to use them as a search criteria.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow scan to print to print from orders that are on hold

The scan to print feature doesnt allow shipper to print orders that are on hold easily from the window. So I suggest editing it to allow it to print from any status with just a simply warning if need be.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. keyboard shortcuts for tagging an order

I would like to have a keyboard shortcut for tagging an order. Please let me know if this is possible for a future updated version of ShipStation. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. no suburb

You really must add a suburb field in the customer/recipient widget.

In Australia, a postcode is not adequate to define where a delivery goes because there are multiple suburbs with the same postcode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Curbside pickup flags for orders from Shopify would be useful.

Shopify has enabled Curbside pickup as an option. When I get orders I accidentally pack them and label them. It is hard to identify such orders at the moment. A flag would be very useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Batch print of multiple manually entered labels with different recipients, weights, sizes etc.

I manually enter and ship multiple packages each day, with different sizes, weights to various recipients. I want to create those labels throughout the day (or even more than one label at a sitting), complete with all information, and print them all at once.

Basically, I want to avoid the system auto-charging me for each one individually. 50 charges for $7.20 is frustrating to manage on the accounting side, to say the least. I

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add new xml field in magento order sent to shipstation using the Auctane extension.

We use the Auctane Shipstation extension on our magento1 store. Now we need to add a custom field to that order xml that is being sent shipstation. How can we do that?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Alert Pop-Ups / Inbox after Order is Assigned

It would be great if, once you assign an order to someone, they could get a pop-up or a notification of some sort or Inbox to know that they have an order assigned to them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You should make a feature which allows "User Management" to only show employee accounts certain store info. I own several stores and would l

You should make a feature which allows "User Management" to only show employee accounts certain store info. I own several stores and would like certain employee accounts to only access specific stores (the orders, reporting, analytics, settings etc).

I don't want to make a new account because as an admin, I'd like to see all the stores. But I only want certain employees to see certain data. This feature is a must have for larger operations in my opinion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add new fields to the order xml in magento

The magento shipstation extension sends a fix format xml to shipstation thru an api I believe. can we add additional fields to that xml.

How can we do that. And if we are successful how can we test that on shipstation

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. An email associated with an order was truncated

Hi - an email associated with an order was truncated. This is what came through:

radiusaw20002000200020002000@gmail.c

This is what it should be:

radiusaw20002000200020002000@gmail.com

Can you increase the character limit for emails? Database size concerns can be addressed by using VARCHAR() or similar

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Flexible FBA Quantities

We are offering different bundle deals to our customers such as 2 pack or 4 pack deals. But our actual inventory is being placed as a single unit in FBA. This way we can keep ourselves more flexible and offer more customized deals.

Although we can download SKUs of bundle deals and define fulfillment SKU in Shipstaion App. But we are also looking for an option to adjust quantities e.g. a pack of 2 deals SKU would be required to ship 2 units instead of one.

We would really appreciate if Ship station can add this feature. This will give…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base