Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Insurance fees calculation

It would be amazing if we could set the fees we need to pay for external insurance (Domestic and international), and when we need, we can get the total fees for external insurance services selecting for example start and end dates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Multiple Boxes - Aggregate Shipments -

Multiple Packages going to the same address currently require an individual entry for each box. When working directly with FedEx or UPS you can do an aggregated shipment, where the weight of all the boxes is combined into 1 entry it's a huge time saver. I have a shipment today 35 boxes, 452lbs. this is 35 entries in your system, with FedEx it's just one entry and 35 labels print. It would be great to be able to use ShipStation for these types of shipments instead of going directly to FedEx.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Picked Up, Hand Delivered as Mark as Shipped carrier options

When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. change shipping option after label prinded

After priting Shipment labe, option should be availavle to reprint with a differnt option for exanple large to mediam or padded to medium box

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Order Item Id

Can you import the order item ID from amazon.com? Please see attached for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add "Paste US Address" as a default option when entering manual orders.

ShipStation recently removed this as a default option and when entering a ton of manual US orders it adds a new step to the process, which cna be time consuming when entering a lot of orders. Let the user decide during setup which country they prefer as a default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add "Package" as a mappable field for CSV order uploads

Add "Package" as a mappable field for CSV order uploads

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. when I set up my orders to print ,I will often use the group by button on teh top right of the screen and sort by sku. The first sku that is

when I set up my orders to print ,I will often use the group by button on teh top right of the screen and sort by sku.
    The first sku that is listed is multiples.
    These are orders that have more than one item per order. They print in a random order.
    Is there a way to set up the multiple orders so that it prints in order of sku of the first ordered item?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a confirmation on Dismiss all on alerts.

When you push dismiss all it doesn't ask if you are sure. Doing so would prevent unwanted cleaning of the alerts. I use it to find orders to combine and sometimes I hit dismiss all on accident and it really throws a wrench in the process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make a customer marked as inactive or add a flag that says DNU so they won't be shipped to on accident

Make a customer marked as inactive or add a flag that says DNU so they won't be shipped to on accident

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the Preset Button better!

The dropdown list shouldn't have to be clicked a second time to disappear. 2nd click bad.The dropdown list on the package presets now needs to be clicked to open and then clicked to close. The close click is new and totally unnecessary. In the past, when a package type was chosen, the list disappeared automatically. Extra clicks get in the way of speed. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Help with Amazon.com orders!

Amazon.com added an extension to the phone numbers on each order.
    We need to manually remove each one, in order to be able to ship the orders through ShipStation. When you ship 150 orders a day, this is the worst.
    Can anyone find a solution to this???
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Search Order box auto clear and select.

We would like to see the mouse cursor move back to the Search Orders search box after creating a label. It is a bit time consuming to have to go back to the search and clear out the previous order.

We use touch screens for shipping and with touch it is difficult to select the box and clear out the order. This would be a big help at least for us and I would think others.

Shipping hundreds of orders per day this really slows us down. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! Have you considered using barcode scanners in your workflow?

For example, there are a few things you can do with barcodes like scan to print. Scan to print allows you to scan a packing slip, weigh your package, then print the label. Here’s more information: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014262288

If you still have to make edits to the order, you may want to try scan to view instead: This barcode will pull up the order details as if you keyed in the order number to search for it. Here’s more information: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/212002488

14. Supress print queue warning

I'm struggling to understand the reasoning behind the red button that pops up when you've printed a label in the top right of the screen.
    To me it means Warning, Do I need a warning to tell me that a label has been printed?
    I know a label has printed as I have it in my hand.
    My suggestion is that you don't have a warning there unless there is a problem and something has failed to print, then you can look at what you've attempted to print recently and take action accordingly.
    As it is at the moment it's…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom Alerts after create label

We would like to be able to create custom alerts for our shipping team to try and avoid minor errors that can be made. For example dimensions not being entered for packages over 1 lb. We have 2 UPS account, so not selecting the correct account. Currently you get alerts for packages that have insurance or if the address is too long and will get cut off.

I think this can be a great plus for a lot of customers using the software and will also be able to create a lot of auto-filters you can't make on order import.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. font on pick list

Font on Oick list when priting to 4 x 6 Thermal Printer is too Small

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import pending orders as well

On Amazon, there are pending orders but they are not shown in ShipStation. Those are important information that we don't want to miss for inventory management. Could you please consider to add this in your next release? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Third Party billing possible on manual orders and return labels.

This is basically all we need to use Shipstation without going to Sellercloud.

This should be easy enough but it is not even a feature yet. Please add that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. logging of order manipulations

every time you split, or combine an order, I would lOVE to have that logged. (i.e. ... wed sept 12 4pm EST you split order 2178345 Fred Jones (customer name) into 2 orders(with new order numbers).... AND wed sept 12 4pm EST you combined order 2348355 Fred Jones with order 2358349 Fred Jones to make new order number xxxxxxxx. This would help tremendously catching any errors, such as when you mistakenly combine 2 orders from different customers by mistake, etc..

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Write to "Customer" notes field via automation rules

Seems like a basic oversight that you can write to pretty much any notes field via automation rules, but not "Customer" field.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thank you for sharing this! That field is primarily for notes from a customer to you, the merchant. What kind of information are you looking to add to your orders automatically?

Custom fields 1, 2, and 3 might be a viable option as they can be used in many other places throughout ShipStation.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base