Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Item location in the Order Summary Screen

We would like to be able to see the location of an item in our warehouse on the order summary screen. It could be below the sku or in it's own column. This would be like the view of the Pick Slip only an on-screen version for those of us who don't print all or any of our orders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Selected Service as Order Filter Criteria

This is something that is possible to do in the "Shipments" tab when where it would REALLY be useful is in the "Orders" tab but there is no equivalent. To be able to set the selected service (not the requested service or any of the service mapping options, but just the service that is selected in SS currently for the order, as shown in the "Service" column in the order tab). I know it's possible to sort orders by service using the filter column, but what I really want to do is have a filter showing all of the orders…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Filter by Store in Shipments Tab

Please add a filter by store in the Shipments Tab. You have it in the Orders tab but not Shipments and it would make pulling tracking numbers so much easier for those of us with multiple stores.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Address 1 and Address 2 as Visible Columns on Order Management Tab

We would like Address 1 and Address 2 Fields to be options as visible columns in the Orders Management tab. Certain addresses require additional action based on the address (such as signature confirmation) so it would be helpful to be able to view Address 1 and Address 2 fields without having to add the Sidebar and toggle up and down

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. secure accounts

Implementing a more secure login function for account holders, preferrably two factor authentication or something as simple as implementing mandatory password resets after a certain amount of days. The amount of people who are unaware of security best practices, could (and have fallen victim at my workplace) to compromising email accounts and sent out phishing emails to where account information could be compromised to important and confidential company documents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Edit an order originating from marketplace

I would like to start by referencing this support topic How to edit an order. https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115009588848-How-to-edit-an-order

There the issue is discussed: we would like to edit an order that came in from a marketplace.

It was explained that this isn't allowed because it would de-sync the marketplace and shipstation. However it was also mentioned that there are marketplaces that don't allow edits from their end, and a hacky workaround suggested.

In my case I need to change from one SKU to another, and my marketplace (Squarespace) doesn't allow to edit orders from their end. So I am out of options.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automated email with shipping label when order is placed

I am the admin for my company, our problem is that I am in Miami, FL and our shipping warehouse is in California (dif. time zones). It will be awesome if Shipstation could create an email at certain times of the day with shipping labels of orders received and be sent automatically to our warehouse for processing and shipping without manually having to do so. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Would like to be able to edit a user name, since I fired one person who had her own username.

Would like to be able to edit a user name, since I fired one person who had her own username.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! You can make your users inactive and this will remove their access from your ShipStation account. Is there another concern you have in regards to this user’s access to ShipStation?

9. manual orders

I have imported products from linked Ecommerce platform and the price data was included in the import. Despite that, when I create a manual order and select the products, it doesn't automatically list the prices for those products. I have to then double-check with the order on the ecommerce platform and manually enter pricing. It would be nice if the prices were just automatically entered.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. customs value

When a customer uses a discount code on shopify, the original price (non-discounted) gets passed through to the customs form. We have to manually change the declared value for each international order that has been discounted. Is there any workaround here? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to get the each dimensions of multiple packages in a single order with "list order" API

I want to get the each dimensions of multiple packages in a single order with "list order" API.

We could not get the label from Fedex without the package's dimension.

When we get the order list, could you add the dimensions of multiple packages in the json file.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Search Order box auto clear and select.

We would like to see the mouse cursor move back to the Search Orders search box after creating a label. It is a bit time consuming to have to go back to the search and clear out the previous order.

We use touch screens for shipping and with touch it is difficult to select the box and clear out the order. This would be a big help at least for us and I would think others.

Shipping hundreds of orders per day this really slows us down. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! Have you considered using barcode scanners in your workflow?

For example, there are a few things you can do with barcodes like scan to print. Scan to print allows you to scan a packing slip, weigh your package, then print the label. Here’s more information: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014262288

If you still have to make edits to the order, you may want to try scan to view instead: This barcode will pull up the order details as if you keyed in the order number to search for it. Here’s more information: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/212002488

13. Archive old orders

Our main complaint with Shipstation at this time is speed. I think giving an option to archive orders > 3 (or even better, selectable) months old would greatly help the responsiveness.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow package dimension and weight automation for multi-package shipments

Currently, you can create custom packages, select from that list for the first package in a shipment, and can create a rule that changes the total order weight to match that package's weight. However, this doesn't work after the first package, and changing the total order weight causes problems with multi-package shipments. I would like to see this same capability extended to multi-package shipments.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automation - Ability to Change State and Country (for USPS to Territories)

For USPS to ship to a US territory, the state must be the territory abbreviation and the country must be "United States". However, orders are often imported from the marketplaces with the territory written out in the state field and/or the country set to the territory. These must be manually changed for USPS shipments or an error occurs during label creation. This is a near daily issue for Puerto Rico.

Having the ability to create automation rules with actions to change state and country would be very useful, and there would probably be other areas that this could be useful…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. zen cart

Add an interface that would update the Information like, Buyer notes, status and internal notes, from your web interface to the Zen Cart back end and other carts as well. This way you are not going back and forth to update this information. Also Customers can see the most up to date information by logging in to their store account and not have to call to get these updates.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reoccurring orders

Please consider allowing us to enter reoccurring orders once for our repeat customer accounts. (Ex., I have several restaurants that order same products in the same quantity weekly or bi-weekly.) It would be great to enter the order once & be able to click a repeat order box & have it appear once in the "awaiting shipment" list & then repeatedly in the "on hold" list with the correct shipment dates, items & quantities already keyed in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of having to X out orders that don't meet the prime requirement it should allow for 3-5 options of shipping methods

When handling Amazon Prime orders. Instead of having to change the shipping method there should be an option to pick between 3-5 shipping methods in priority for shipstation to automatically process through that can save an exponential amount of time on a daily basis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. scan tracking numbers into manual

I would like to be able to use a hand scanner to upload tracking numbers into the manually entered area. This would eliminate the human error portion of updating those tracking numbers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base