Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Importing orders from shopify BY VENDOR

That would be a tremendous help if you use multiple shipping companies/vendors.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Purchase Postage In Return Portal

Hi,

I am a longtime user of the platform and it has saved me a ton of time shipping as my business grows! One thing that I have noticed with the new return portal is that I can not purchase postage for USPS.

When I print a normal label I can buy postage right there in the shipping portal.

However when I go to create a return label, it will not let me purchase postage in the return portal. I have to open a new tab, then go to settings, shipping carriers, select stamps.com, then manually purchase postage before I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Permissions

We have multiple account stores on different platforms selling various products.
    We have different people working at warehouse.
    We would like to have an option to change what they can see.
    For example, now if we change the permission, people at the warehouse still see all the marketplaces where we sell. But if the person works only on our Amazon account, we would like to have an option to select what stores he will see an be able to change.

This future is very important for us and we hope it can be implemented in near future.

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remember multi product packaging

SS should remind you how you previously packaged a multi-product order. Whether it's a multiple of the same product or combination of products. What box or set of boxes did we use to complete this exact order of products before? Presets are nice to use for popular combinations but on an every day basis it's not intended for those rare orders. I'll bet many users would love to be reminded how they previously packaged the same multi-item order. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. search by RMA

It would be great to be able to search by RMA. The numbers are there, so it seems odd that there's no way to use them as a search criteria.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. bigcommerce tax mapping

It appears that even though ShipStation has a field for Tax Paid, when it brings in an order from BigCommerce it combines the tax paid with the product total amount so tax paid in Shipstation always says zero. I now have a checkout that allows international customers to prepay their duties and taxes if they wish (Zonos), and if they do it will come through in the taxes field in BigCommerce. Shipstation has a really neat shipping rule where you can set up the "prepay duties/ taxes" box to automatically be checked if it sees a "taxes paid" amount for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Audible tone/message/siren for incoming orders (Next Day Air, Expedited)

Audible tone/message/siren for incoming orders (Next Day Air, Expedited)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. fulfillment by amazon for international orders

Multi-channel fulfillment by amazon is great, but you have to use exactly the same SKU that you are using for your FBA inventory if you want your international shopify order to forward to amazon.co.uk or amazon.ca (or wherever) for fulfillment. This is not realistic as I have an original SKU used in my shopify and seller fulfilled amazon.com account, a separate SKU for US FBA, and separate SKUs for FBA in other countries (which is exactly what amazon tells you to do). As a result, there is no way for an order placed on my shopify and heading to the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More sophisticated batch field mapping

It seems every field except those needed to actually print a shipping label is able to be field mapped upon csv import. It is very convoluted that you cannot field map carrier and ship service type until you have imported a csv, and manually selected orders to map carrier and shipping service type in the side panel. In UPS Worldship and Stamps.com, it is actually a requirement to list your carrier and service in the csv before import, and match your carrier and service terms during import field mapping (in separate fields, mind you- not all jammed together like ShipStation).

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow ShipStation to update altered orders from Shopify... not just orders that have been canceled.

I use Shopify to gather my website orders. From there they are imported into various stores set up in ShipStation.

Why can't ShipStation update an order that has been altered in Shopify? For example, lets say an order is imported into ShipStation from Shopify. I realize that the order is missing an item which I then have to refund back to the customer. I do the refund in Shopify, but when I re-import orders from Shopify back into ShipStation, the order still shows the full list of items in the "Order Items" list... the refunded item(s) are still present. It…

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Customer Frequency

It would be very helpful if on the Awaiting Shipment page, a column option could be added to the "Columns" drop down menu for "Frequency" or "Orders" so one could see at a glance if a customer is new or returning. The information is currently being collected and can be seen if one runs a report from: Insights tab > Reports > Raw Data Export > Customers. It would just be very convenient to see it on the shipments screen.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. create new order from existing order

We need the ability to create a new order within SS, by using the data from an existing order.

And from there, the ability to edit, add, remove data and/or order line items (skus)

This is useful for many situations:
    1) correct a shipping/packing error
    2) quickly ship a replacement product if a customer wants a different but similar product
    3) Add some samples to an order, or related accessories as needed

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shopify order tags

We would like to have the ability to bring in order tags from shopify. We tag orders with various things and need to have those tags available to us.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. back order management

Is there a way to set automated rule to release the backorder from hold to awaiting payment base on the stock availability?

When we take orders, it may contain products that's ready to ship and products that's on backordered. We would split the order into two, fulfill and ship the available stock, backorder the rest by putting the second part of the order to hold. It will be very helpful for us to be able to set an automated rule to release the order from hold to awaiting payment when we receive the backordered products?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Importing "Customization" info

Would love to be able to import "customization" info from Amazon when using Amazon Custom for personalized items

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "on hold" processing time - more variations than 1 day only.

At this time, 1 day is the shortest amount of time to hold an order in ShipStation's system. I definitely see how being able to do it in hours would help workflow. In my specific case holding orders for 2 hours would allow for my other warehouse to add order notes before being imported into shipstation and filtered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Third Party billing possible on manual orders and return labels.

This is basically all we need to use Shipstation without going to Sellercloud.

This should be easy enough but it is not even a feature yet. Please add that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sort by "last name"

I have multiple stores being imported into Shipstation and some customers order from them all. I need to sort by Last Name so I can easily see what orders need combined shipping. Sorting by first name isn't as reliable since people have nicknames.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Printing (Multiple Items) Orders by Tag

We Need a solution for Printing (Multiple Items) Orders by Tag. We are trying to print by Warehouse Location and break up these locations into zones. We then sort the zone by warehouse location so the picker can go pick the items on pick list in order of location.

This works great. The Problem is with (multiple items). We need to be able to sort these in some kind of fashion. We would like to be able to print where the Multiple Item orders only include zone 1 tag so only orders that contain multiple zone 1 products are shown…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base