Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Group Orders by SKU but Display Them in Alphanumerical Order Using the Warehouse Location

I would like to have the ability to customize our "view" by grouping single SKU orders but have them displayed on the screen in order using the "Warehouse Location."

That way, when we walk through our picking shelves the first order we pick will be the first order displayed in Shipstation and so forth.

This view would streamline the picking process to align with the orders on the screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Returns without Return Labels

It should be possible for us to generate an RMA number without a return label. In cases where it is the customer's responsibility to pay for return shipping (Changed Mind, Ordered Wrong Product, etc) we still need to track the return for refunding.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bulk search orders

Feature to search all orders, pending and shipped by order number either comma separated, or line by line,

in order to bulk reprint labels, and packing slips in a situation that orders from different batches need to be reprinted.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Importing Custom Fields from BigCommerce

We currently use BigCommerce and we're loving the ShipStation integration. We do have one BIG request, which I know a lot of others would like. We have a custom address field called "PO NUMBER" which we'd love to be able to import into ShipStation. This is important for us as we use ShipStation to send email confirmations upon shipment. Included in this email is a PO #. Our work around so far is to add a CUSTOM item onto the order, so that we can see the PO # as an item in shipstation. We then manually copy/paste that into…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sorting items within order by SKU

Once you click into an order to see the items, there is no way to sort those items on the screen. We utilize the images so a printed sorted pack slip does not help. We need a way to arrange/sort items within the specific order on the screen. I know the system is capable of sorting the pack slips by SKU and a variety of other characteristics, please add this same sorting to the popup window that displays the content of an order.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement updates and new features.

6. Awaiting shipment

STOP automatically placing all new orders in 'Awaiting Shipment' status or overriding whatever merchant settings are in place.

It's completely unnessecsary and for merchants who have custom order status it's extremly inconvenient.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PLEASE, allow line item fields to be able to populate with a item upc scan, for inputting items in manual orders

Allow for upc OR barcode scanning of items to populate line item fields in order edits, OR manual orders. this would be super helpful, and honestly seems strange that it's not already a function. Sometimes I put together comped influencer orders, and want to pull product before i make the order, and being able to scan the order into the fields would save time. I also sometimes need to edit those manual orders, and being able to add products by scanning them would help a lot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Woocommerce Composite Products

When importing orders from Woocommerce, ShipStation does not break out composite products. Composite Products are similar to Product Bundles, but with more functionality inside Woocommerce.

I am requesting the feature to break Composite Products into each individual item, so that pick lists and packing lists will show the actual products in the order.

Currently, I cannot use ShipStation's pick list or packing list functionality as it shows the Composite Product as 1 product, instead of each of the selected items that are actually to be shipped.

Woocommerce does properly understand each individual product that was ordered, and manages inventory properly.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. keyboard shortcuts for tagging an order

I would like to have a keyboard shortcut for tagging an order. Please let me know if this is possible for a future updated version of ShipStation. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Return Reasons for Branded Returns Portal

Our Company has been unable to utilize Shipstations Branded Returns Portal as it does not allow us the option to edit the Return Reasons a merchant can choose. This has been a significant blocker to our business

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Revoke user permission for cancelling and combining orders

My warehouse employees sometimes will cancel an order in Shipstation and then forget to also cancel the same order in Amazon or eBay. By the time this becomes a real problem, it's already too late. One time, they combined two orders, one from eBay and one from Amazon, because the buyers had the same first and last name and the orders coincidentally were made within seconds of each other. I need to deny my guys the ability to cancel or combine orders, but still allow them to ship orders. Ideally, these users will need someone with Administration-level permissions to cancel…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cratejoy Discount Code

It would really be great if discount codes customers used can be imported into Shipstation from Cratejoy. We use discount codes for things such as 2 for 1 offers, and there is no way to know how to fulfill orders without double checking the backend of our website to know if a sale was a 2 for 1.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to have the SKU to the "shipment recent" columnI

I would be very helpful if the "Items SKU" could be added to the "Shipments Recent columns.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Download settings

I love shipstation, however its the ONLY software platform out there that is lacking one MAJOR feature of being able to adjust which orders are caught.

In settings you need to add ability to go back to X-date or X-order number and refresh.

if an order is left OPEN and then changed to Processed as example or a failed order etc. After a payment resolution or fix on the order and the status is then changed within your cart, shipstation will not catch the order. you then have to wait for 1hr or more for a Shipstation rep to manually…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Product Level Data Points Exposed to Automation Rules

I have been using shipstation for many years now, and something I have wanted from this software since the beginning, and never been able to dial in, is being able to set up enough criteria to determine the correct way to ship every order that is imported, and essentially have shipstation tell our shippers how to ship an order, what packaging a product goes in etc.

This is something that should seriously be worked on, as any Retailer with any amount of complexity to their product offerings would benefit from having more intuitive options and control over automation rules.

The…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. NMI Integration

We use NMI for a processor and would love integration between ShipStation and NMI. We are currently having to manually enter orders from NMI. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Google Express - Combining Orders Alert needed asap

Google Express - Combining Orders Alert needed asap

Per customer support the zip code and email address must be the same for the alert to be produced. This will be an issue as google express seems to create a separate order for each item thus creating a unique marketplace email each order. This prevents the alert from being produced.

Please adjust your rules/make a way for the Google express orders to provide the "combine orders alert" asap.

I can provide more info, please contact me if needed as this feature is very important to us.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Exchange Requests

Currently, customers are able to submit product returns. However, having the functionality to request exchanges would be wonderful.
    Other Shopify plugins currently make this process very seamless. It would be great to be able to use it strait through shipstation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export shipping records/costs to Quickbooks online and desktop to properly track Accounts Payable and what is owed to carriers

I would like Shipstation to export shipping records/costs to Quickbooks online and desktop to properly track Accounts Payable and what is owed to carriers. When an order is shipped and a tracking number is created, it would be helpful is this can be exported to Quickbooks for the purpose of creating a bill under the appropriate carrier (FedEx, UPS, etc.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automatically sync orders from ShipStation to Quickbooks

We use ShipStation to receive orders from many sales channels and platforms.

While the Quickbooks integration is great, it would be even better if the sync could happen automatically every day or at some other specified interval.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base