Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import Orders on a schedule

We would like to set a schedule of when it could import our orders similar to auto-periodically, but the feature of putting the time of when shipstation automatically start importing orders. This would save us 30 to 60 mins.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi, @KevinBeyond! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up. At this time, we’re not looking to add this function in the near future, but we’d like to hear more about your current workflow.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by saving 30 – 60 minutes of time if you were able to choose when your orders import?

Here’s some background info on how our automatic updates work: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638707

Please be sure to comment here in the forum so other users can understand and add their votes, too!

2. Customizable Views and User Permissions

Ability to further customize what each user sees in ShipStation (Shipped, Cancelled tabs on the left side of page)

When we have people join our shipping team, I know that ShipStation can be a bit overwhelming. So the simpler and more straightforward the layout, the easy it is to train people.

What it accomplishes: Easy way to train new employees.

70 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, everyone! We’re still interested in this idea since it gained a lot of support when it first came out. Can you tell us more about customizable views and user permissions?

As per our last update, have you tried using User Restrictions to allow your new shippers to only see orders assigned to them?

Also, I’d like to mention we have weekly webinars (http://www.shipstation.com/webinars/) and tutorial videos (http://www.shipstation.com/videos/) to help!

3. Visual alerts/results when there are results for saved filters.

I would love it if there were a feature that allowed a visual alert (ie. the red number in the corner) if there were orders that fit any of your saved features. We personally have 3 filters that we have, and we have to manually go through them every day. If we could visually see the results, that would save a lot of steps/time.

I attached an image I whipped up to give a visual example of what I was thinking.

Just a thought! Thanks!

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, everyone! Thanks for voting on this one! We haven’t heard from you since our last update. Just to clarify, you’d like to see the results of your filters before using them, is that correct? Can you tell us how often you’re using filters each day?

All of your feedback is read daily and helps us to prioritize your ideas among the hundreds of others here in the forum!

4. BILLING/SHIPPING ADDRESS MISMATCH NOTIFICATION Fraud Prevention Idea: One of the biggest red flags in a fraudulent transaction with a stolen

BILLING/SHIPPING ADDRESS MISMATCH NOTIFICATION Fraud Prevention Idea

One of the biggest red flags in a fraudulent transaction with a stolen credit card is that the Billing Address and Shipping Address DO NOT MATCH.

I believe ShipStation should have a literal RED FLAG column in the orders screen that shows a RED FLAG when there is a mismatch between the billing address and shipping address. This way we can go in and look at the order in more detail to see if there is further indication a stolen credit card was used.

This would save us LOTS of money. For example,…

63 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your input, everyone! The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

In the meantime, please provide as much detail as you can in this forum about how you detect fraud today or how many times a day/week you come across fraudulent orders. We’d like to hear input from other users as well!

5. Customizing Carrier Drop Down Lists

As Shipstation is adding new carriers the list of carriers in the drop down lists is getting so long that it now requires scrolling to access popular carriers like UPS. This is really cumbersome when updating shipping information from a drop ship or external shipping process. How about either suggestion carrier based on the tracking number (which would also increase speed) or at least allow personalized reorder of carrier list or even turn off carriers not used by users in preferences.

32 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! It looks like you are referring to the carrier menu when marking orders as shipped. If this is incorrect, please let us know which carrier list you’re looking at in the comments below.

The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

6. Batch processing to add customs information to international shipments.

We have 165 international orders from a Kickstarter project (along with about 1,600 domestic). The international orders were imported WITHOUT customs information provided. It would be EXTREMELY helpful to be able to "batch" add information for customs to all of these orders. Just fyi, we do not have these orders linked to "products/items." We would simply like to bulk apply information to all of these orders. Unfortunately, there is not a feature that allows me to do so with customs information. Huge pain...

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your input! You’re right that we currently have limited bulk actions for customs information, so we’d like for your idea to gain more support from other users before making a decision.

Any information you can add here may catch the attention (and votes!) of users in similar situations. Please be sure to comment here in the forum if you’re still interested in having bulk actions for customs information.

In the meantime, since we do not support Kickstarter directly, here is an idea from another user to integrate with Kickstarter you may be interested in: http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/5619286

7. auto-update shipping address indicated by color change or icon

We are having an issue with shipstation automatically fixes the addresses if it sees something wrong. We have also experience it changing it incorrectly and the package comes back to us as undeliverable.

is there a way, that if the system auto changes or updates the address, for it to alert us somehow maybe with a color change or a different icon like it does with a messed up address?

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @dherbs! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up! We will keep this in mind for future updates, and at the same time we’d like to see your idea gain traction from other users before making a decision.

In the meantime we’d like to hear some more information from you. About how often are your shipments being returned to you due to this each week?

Please add any other details that may help us and other users understand what’s going on by commenting here in the forum.

8. Built-In Returns Manager

A built-in returns manager would be very useful for our business. Our needs would be relatively simple, and some of this functionality already exists:

1. We would include a printed pre-paid return label with every package we ship.
    2. We would be able to track open returns in ShipStation, i.e., return labels that are currently in transit
    3. Unused return labels would automatically deactivate after X days for a refund
    4. When we receive returns, we would mark them as "Received" in ShipStation, which would automatically send the customer 1 of 2 possible template emails: either we accept the return…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know you’d like a better way to handled your returns. We’d like for your idea to gain more support from other users before making a decision.

Please comment here in the forum with additional information that may catch the attention of other users.

9. Show Tracking Numbers For Marked As Shipped Orders

When an order is in a Shipped status and a tracking number exists, the tracking number should be available in the Orders list or the Order Details page.

It is currently shown on the Order Details page for manual shipments, but not for any fulfillment.

It should be displayed above Shipping Info even when it was a fulfillment order. There's really no reason for it not to be displayed here.

51 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing up this improvement for fulfillments!

We’d like for your idea to gain momentum and support from other users before making a decision. Please comment here in the forum with any information that may catch the attention of other users.

10. Add Orders Tagging & Order Exports while working in Batch

We currently use the new batch options as working folders for orders in which we after tag and export to order and process in other systems.

Adding the Order actions such as tagging and exporting is essential for the batch view!

24 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When an order is manually mark as shipped, let us enter a Ship Date and show the the tracking number in the upper left corner of Orders page

When an order is manually mark as shipped, let us enter a Ship Date and then plz show the the tracking number in the upper left corner of Orders page.

Right now, it shows it at the bottom of the page, but only if we click on –Order Activity”.

This is hard to find and easy to over look:

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the update, Gene! The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

We’d also like to hear what everyone else thinks, too! Any helpful details you can provide about how you use and track Manual Orders will help us understand your point of view. Please be sure to comment here in the forum so everyone can see your ideas.

12. Split an order from Order Details view

Splitting orders for partial fulfillment is a very common activity for me, but the process is very clunky. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something that will make it easier.

Right now, it appears I can only split an order by pulling up the Orders view (with or without a filter), selecting one order, digging around for the well-hidden "Split Order" option under the "Other Actions" button, and performing the split from there.

One of the reasons this is cumbersome is that I spend more time in the Order Details view determining how the order needs to be split. I…

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would love to have a tags column for the Shipments Page

We use tags for both new orders and shipped orders, it would be great to be able to add the 'tags' column in the shipping window.

28 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for voting! We’d like for your ideas to gain more traction before making a decision. Can you tell us your use case for tagging your Shipments? We’ve received well-stated examples in the comments, but would like to hear more voices stand behind this idea.

Please comment here in the forum so we all can hear your thoughts!

14. Allow the ability to specify a weight for "Your packaging"

To get accurate rates we've been adding the weights of packaging to the weights of each of our SKUs. But when multiple SKUs are ordered at once, the weight ends up being higher and we could potentially be over-charged.

If we could input weights for our packages we've created under "Your Packaging" we could input the actual weight of each SKU and could end up with more accurate order weights and shipping rates.

130 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. return labels in bulk

We need to print return labels in bulk. With shipstation, we have to do this one label at a time which is tedious. We should be able to make return labels in batches, just like we are able to create labels in batches. One label at a time just does not make any sense at all.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set insurance amount for carrier in Automation Rules

In our business we have multiple forms of insurance on our shipments as we sell a lot of laptop computers and need to make sure it is safe. Within our FedEx Account we have discounted rates and special policies so we only need to apply a set amount of insurance to each package as it is cheaper to insure it for more or less than the sell price usually.

The current option in Automation Rules only allows you to set the Insurance to Carrier, ShipStation Insurance or External/Other.

The ability to set the amount of insurance on the shipment as…

39 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Insurance on COST, not RETAIL price

When insuring a package, we want to be able to insure just the COST of the product if damaged or went missing, not the RETAIL VALUE. Currently your software takes the full retail value and uses that to determine the insurance amount. This doesn't make sense as shipping carriers will only reimburse you on the cost, not the retail value.

This is a fault, as no system is set up like this.

If I lose a $1000 item, but it only cost me $100, Fedex will only credit me $100.

So why am I paying insurance on $1000 if Iêd…

39 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your input, everyone!

Could you provide us where you gathered the information regarding what value the carriers will reimburse you with when you file a claim? We would be interested to know the policy for the popular carriers that you frequently use.

We would also like to hear more about your workflow – how are you currently insuring your shipments?

We will also be reaching out to our partners for more information regarding cost vs. retail price vs. insured amount.

Any additional information that you can provide for us would be appreciated! Please be sure to comment back here so other users can collaborate as well.

18. Ability to Rename Batch

The ability to rename batches would be great. There is now the ability to have multiple batches, which great for sorting orders waiting to be fulfilled. However, it is not very easy to sort without memorizing which batch # is for which group of orders for that day. If there was a way to even add a keyword to the end of the batch number [ex. batch#1234567 - product] So that when I am sorting through a zillion orders assigning them to each batch they need to be in, it is much easier to remember which batch to put them…

119 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rate calculator country selection improvement

When using the rate calculator, the process of selecting a destination country is awkward, especially compared to the country selector in the "manual order entry" window.

Let's say I'm shipping to Thailand...

In the manual order entry window:
    - click or tab over to the country box
    - start typing "Th" and instantly, the text autocompletes to "Thailand"...no hunting required

In the rate calculator:
    - click on the current country
    - must use mouse to scroll through the entire list and then click on the country...

This may seem like a little thing, but I'm way slower slogging around with…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ability to have decimal points in the quantities.

We sell items by weight, so when someone purchase 1.25 lbs it shows up as a quantity of 1.25. Shipstation rounds this up to a quantity of 2 which makes all our packing slips and international shipping labels incorrect. When a person purchases 1.25 lbs at $80 for instance their international shipping label should show they spent $100 but instead Shipstation rounds it up to $160. This is inaccurate and they will then possibly be liable for duties on something they didn't buy. I don't understand why you wouldn't allow decimal points in the quantities. If you did this it…

39 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base