Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Order Transfer

Having the feature or capability to move orders from one store to another. It can start with the implementation of order management between the manual Shipstation stores. It is very troublesome to do the work around of cancelling orders and re-importing them.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hey everyone! Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Can you tell us more about the last time you needed to transfer orders between accounts, and under what circumstances do you find yourself needing to transfer orders?

2. Add "Ship By Date" field to the custom data export for Orders and Order Line Items

Can you please add the "Ship By Date" field to the custom data export for Orders? The "Ship By Date" field already exists in each order, so hopefully this can be implemented quickly.

Thanks.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Total Paid

After going back and forth with support over several days, I find out that shipstation is mapping the "Total Order" amount to the "Total Paid" field, regardless of payment status. We import our Shipstation orders to Quickbooks and my 'awaiting_payment' status orders are importing as paid. I'm going to make the safe assumption that all marketplace api's export the actual 'amount paid'! This is the field that should be mapped to 'total paid' in order details!!!!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. custom formatting on order summary

Option to apply custom formatting to order summary. For example, having a box around products that have quantities over 1 or changing the color/weight (bold) of certain text.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here! If you think of more feedback please leave it here, being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

In the meantime, Custom Packing Slips would allow this to be accomplished.

5. Tracking number live notifications; Collaborate with online marketplace delivery windows

If there was some interface where we could see what shipped orders need our attention, this would help with a number of things. It looks like the back end coding for this already exists since we could see an icon next to the tracking number assigned to the given order (question mark, exclamation point, airplane icon, check mark.)

It would be nice if ShipStation sifted out and separated these shipments that need our attention on a separate tab based on the tracking numbers updates. Let me explain some situations:

1. Tracking number hasn't been updated for an extended amount of…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! And to help our product team best understand this idea, where would you guys like to see these orders needing attention appear? Would you like to see it be a new view on the Shipments page where these orders that fit a criteria are shown?

6. Missing Address Line 3

The address line 3 field has been removed. Why? Many times a marketplace sends over a long address from an international customer on the address line 1 and 2 fields. We many times have to edit this address and move part of it down to the address line 3 field or the company name field. Sometimes we have to use both lines.

There is now now way to add the address line 3 in manually when it is needed. I am not sure if this change was not well thought out, but it is causing problems for some of our…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Chris, thank you for posting this here. Our support team is actively collecting feedback on this recent update so we will add your information here to our own notes.

For those interested, if you would like to add more information to this idea, please chat in with us or send us an email at support@shipstation.com so our support team can properly record your feedback.

7. Amazon Delivery By Date

We are Seller Fulfilled Prime Amazon account. We need to see the Amazon Delivery by Date in order to select the cheapest UPS shipping method.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to schedule Saturday USPS Pickup

I regularly ship on Saturdays as many Priority Mail shipments picked up on Saturday are delivered Monday, which makes for happy customers.

I currently have to go to USPS.com for Saturday pickups, because ShipStation's Pickup options are only for Mon-Fri. It would be a great time-saver if I could schedule Saturday pickups via the new pickup scheduler which is so much easier to use than USPS.com.

Thank you.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this up, @AM! We’ll keep this one in mind, but we’d like to see how many other users are interested in this one before moving forward.

*edit: USPS Saturday pick up does not come with a fee, but we would still like to hear your thoughts on the following questions: How often do you use Saturday pickup? Is it a regular pick up you need to schedule or occasional and as-needed?

9. forward/back navigation on Shipments tab

When you bring up an order on the Orders tab it has arrows on the sides to quickly navigate to the previous/next order. Why is this not available on the Shipments tab???

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Editing of Line Items in Orders from Online Marketplaces

Here's our use case:
    We sell multi-day Juice cleanses, which have a complicated delivery process. We deliver fresh pressed juices every two days of a cleanse, such that in order to process this for fulfillment, we split our orders---one for each 2-day delivery---and modify the Line Item Titles indicating which days of the cleanse are to be delivered.

We started this process in a manual store and then were surprised the same ability to modify an order's line items is not available in orders from Online Marketplaces.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @James, thank you for posting this! Manual orders are ones that are the most flexible since they are created in ShipStation, and your store’s orders should remain largely untouched as they are the most accurate source of information.

Have you looked into using order tags, internal notes, or custom fields to store this information? You can create filters for any of the mentioned fields—and they can be included on packing slips—so locating these orders and shipping them will be easy once you have everything set up.

11. Automate customization of commercial invoice

Right now, the CI shipment value is tied to the product in ShipStation. But when we offer a discount or sale, that value is incorrect. And AFAIK, the value has to be updated manually. I'm hoping to import the price / value from my marketplace connection (Shopify).

For international orders, the customs value is the amount paid by the customer (not the full retail value), so we have customers that end up overpaying duty & tax because we haven't manually updated the CI.

An automation would be very helpful!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @erainey, thank you for taking the time to post this! The declared value depends on what information ShipStation receives from Shopify and I’m not seeing any information to tell ShipStation how to discount products accordingly.

If feasible, I would try using Shopify’s “Price” and “Compare at Price” if you’re discounting individual items to signal to your customers there is a discount.

If this is a product-based discount you might find it helpful to set the declared value for your products in ShipStation. This is located under “Customs” when you are viewing Product Details for a sku.

Lastly, if neither of the options above are applicable, I recommend making these orders more visible so you and your shippers know to adjust the declared values by applying order tags with automation rules. The rule would look like “If SKU is X, then apply order tag Y”, then you would use a…

12. Allow auto-rule and export/reports to choose "by username"

There are some specific rules and reports we would like to create based on a "by username" setting.

Each of our showroom locations use usernames to designate which showroom or location is creating or shipping out an order.

I had an issue where I want to set a "default store" when a specific username creates a manual order, we don't have the ability to do this.

I also had an issue where I wanted to create reports or exports based on which username created or shipped out an order. Couldnt do it.

Please look into this as it would help…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We haven’t seen any activity since our last update (you can read them by clicking “Show previous admin responses” in the forum) so we are closing it to give your votes back. This allows you to use your votes on other ideas and will help us prioritize the most active ideas.

Please let us know if you’re still interested in this idea, and we’ll re-open it to see what other users think with the added information. All of your input is on our radar and we appreciate your insights!

13. Create Return Label Via API

Our site allows customers to request an RMA. When we approve an RMA request, I want to automatically create the return label and email it to the customer via the API.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all for adding your ideas to the forum here! We’ll keep this in mind when updating our API; for now, we’d like to see what other users think about having return labels generated through the API before moving forward here.

14. Shipment Tracking Number Status Field & Estimated Delivery Date

It would be ideal to be able to go to the shipments tab and see the information that currently appears when you mouse over the icon next to the tracking number "Delivery Status Unknown", "Arrived at FedEx location", "On vehicle for delivery", "delivered", "Shipment information sent to FedEx." That way we can see a view of what's going on with our shipments and sort by shipment status.

It would also be great to have a field for estimated delivery date so we can update our customers without being forced to visit different shipping carrier websites.

Both of these fields should…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for providing all of that great information @Robert. We’ll keep this one in mind if we make other related changes to the Shipments page. For now, we’d like to see if this idea will gain more traction with other users who’d also like additional shipment statuses.

15. Automatic update more often.

Please automatically update all orders at least once per hour. The frequency right now is anywhere from once per week to once per couple days. This isn't nearly enough.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Eric, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback here! ShipStation shouldn’t take a week to update your orders, and I see you’ve opened a few tickets with our team. I’m glad you’ve gotten in touch with us about this and that a few of our folks were able to give you some more information on how our update processes work.

I am going to keep your feedback handy if, in the future, we end up making such a change and would like to invite users to try it out, but it this type of update is not in the foreseeable future. Your idea will remain active here in the forum so we can see what other users are running into business challenges because of this update frequency.

16. batch

Batches need to be seen by all users not just the person that created it.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. google maps

It sure would be helpful to have a icon on the "Buyer / Recipient Info" dialog box to click on to see where the customer is located.

Currently I copy and paste into google maps. Sure would be nice for a one click feature.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the updates! We’ll keep Google Maps in mind for future updates, but for now we’d like to see interest and support from other users and hope to fully understand the business challenges here.

So if you’re interested in this, please be sure to vote and leave a comment!

18. Set package without setting service

Would be nice to be able to set the package for an order without having to also set the service. Service has already been selected by our website customer and imported into ShipStation so there is no need to change it. You can already set dimensions in a rule so why not package?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @mkujawski, thanks for taking the time to bring this up! When your orders come in with a specific service, you’re able to match this with a service and package type—we call it Shipping Service Mappings. Have you had the chance to check this out?

For example, when your customer selects “Expedited” service in your shopping cart, you’ll be able to automatically set this to “USPS Priority Mail Express, Medium Flat Rate Box”.

More info: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206640487

19. Splitting Multiple orders Simultaneously

It would be nice if we could split multiple orders simultaneously. We usually deal with 10k + orders that we have to split. It takes up a lot of time to split these orders especially since my team is small. This would speed up our process.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @josesepulveda! Thanks so much for taking the time to bring this up! Can you tell me more about the orders you’re splitting? For example, are you always splitting off one particular product because it may be too large to fit into one box?

20. CONVERT STATE NAME TO UPPER CASE

More customers are getting lazy now, and we seen a high percentage of amazon customers typing all their addresses in lower case.

This is causing the system to refusing generating shipping labels for them, even the address passed USPS address validation, because shipstation requires state to be in upper case.

Maybe it is good to have the system automatically turn all STATE to upper case, so we don't have to manually change on every order.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base