Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. tagging coupon codes would shirly be nice

Kinda crazy that coupon codes given to team members and brand ambassadors are unable to be tagged when the orders are imported. There, I said it... :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Back Order Status

The ability to recognize incoming sync’d orders as having back ordered products and place these orders under “Awaiting Back Order” or “Awaiting Product”. Not for ShipStation to monitor the inventory against the orders necessarily but to recognize a status or tag from the attached market place. In our case TradeGecko.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In orders tab, I want to know if an order is the customer's 1st order, 2nd or 3rd, etc.

I want to be able to segment orders this way so I can include an insert based on if it's the customer's 1st order, 2nd or 3rd, etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am looking to reset my customer shipping records

I would really appreciate if I had the ability to erase all of my customers shipping data and be able to start with a new shipping history.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Line Item Export weight item with pounds

Line Item Export Value, trying to export item weight, however, it only allow to convert to oz , my product is 55lbs , which comes up to 880oz. We need to import lbs data to our shipping carrier system. This is very inconvenience which we have to convert back to pounds every time. Please add a field that able to export as pounds not just oz.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Merged orders results in an inactive order that is not reachable via API

When you merge 2 orders, one order ends up inactive. The surviving order has a advancedOptions.mergedIds array with order IDs that are not reachable. Asking for them gives you a 404. There should be a way to query an inactive order.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. admin@normarh.qc.ca

Could you add XML files format option for order exportation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. automation

Can you please make an automation rule with the criteria of tracking information updated so that I can automate a rule that will copy tracking information from one order to another.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export Orders to the same save file

Exporting orders creates a new file every time you export. This is a problem because if you want to import the csv data to another program you have to re-point to the new file name every time. Give us the option to save the data to the same file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Be able to select DO NOT NOTIFY MARKETPLACE for store

We have one retail store but ship over 500 orders a month via Shipstation, at the moment we are able to select do not notify the marketplace for an individual order but not for the whole store. We would like this as an option in the setting tab.

By not having this option we are not able to effectively use the shipstation feature of being able to create labels in bulk seeing as we need to make sure that the marketplace is not notified for every order.

Our E-comm business is increasing as is our use of shipstation so this…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Mark as Shipped" should trigger "Item Updated" on Zapier.

Otherwise with a service that's lower in the stack than ShipStation, it's not possible to automate tracking number that come in from external shipments, in this case Freight.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Groupon Ship By Date

Orders coming from Groupon is blank next to "Ship By Date", in CommerceInterface, there's a Due Date. Can you please map the two fields so that it'll be easier to prioritize which orders to process first?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automated Batching via Item SKU/Item Name

I'd like to have a feature to 'automation rules' that add specific item SKUs/item Names to specific Batches. This feature would streamline our workflow significantly, and streamline processes making it much more efficient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. assigning orders

It would be awesome for high volume companies like us to be able to check off users who are shipping for the day and have the total number of orders evenly distributed and assigned among those users selected. This way one does not have to manually assign those orders to specific users

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. want private notes from amazon and etsy to be sent to shipstation

want private notes from amazon and etsy to be sent to shipstation. i keep notes about the order in the private notes and would like to see them in shipstation since the orders are orgainized so much better in shipstation

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OrderStatus of Delivered needed and Webhook for integrations

Delivered - Add an order status of delivered. If you're already polling to get data on the carrier status to show the delivered icon in the UI, it shouldn't be hard to write a line to push it to the Shipstation order table in MySQL to have the status 'Delivered'. For integrations and api users, this would be super ideal. Plus add a webhook for this.

Webhooks are extremely lacking, and then for the webhooks, a resource_url is not useful. Look at stripe and how they handle their webhooks. A lot could be learned from how they handle their webhooks,…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Different account than primary account for returns

Hi there, we find that a major limitation is that we cannot select another FedEx account other than the default account for returns. This is a hassle on a daily basis as we use a third party account for all outgoing orders by FedEx but we would like to use our own FedEx account for returns from our Shopify store which go out by USPS. Can you fix this issue ?

Thanks
    Dominique

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automate the backorder process

The ability to select items to be made into a BACKORDER is critical. When you can't ship an entire order - to have to go in and MANUALLY split it first, then ship the first part etc etc is tedious and creates a LOT of extra work.
    One should be able to select items that are not shipping in an order, mark them as a backorder, (or even CANCELLED) and have a new order created with the backordered items. IN addition, those items should be listed in the notes or as an add on to the currnt order so the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a box on New Order Screen for Customer PO Number

Hi, It would be great if you can add a box by the new order menu to enter our customer PO number, so it also appears on the packing list, and when they receive the order they know what it is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base