Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add funds button color

Would like the "add funds" button to be a different color - red works. We add in blocks of large funds to make it easier for accounting department. They get upset at small adds. Sometimes while flying through orders we don't notice we're also adding funds and not only shipping because the button color is the same.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Custom Field for Customer Shipping Notes

We have many customers that request the shipping company leave the package in a specific area, such as a garage or back door to prevent theft. The ideal solution would be to have a customer marketplace field that we can add shipping notes that is then mapped over to ShipStation as a note to the carrier on the label. The other option would be to be able to add custom notes to customer records on the shipstation side that would then carry over to the order and label. We implemented a workaround automation that performs this action but its not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Disable Certain Countries

I'd like to be able to disable certain countries because there are many countries that we do not ship to. We accidentally selected Swaziland instead of Switzerland. We'll enable one country at a time as needed. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Google Express - Combining Orders Alert needed asap

Google Express - Combining Orders Alert needed asap

Per customer support the zip code and email address must be the same for the alert to be produced. This will be an issue as google express seems to create a separate order for each item thus creating a unique marketplace email each order. This prevents the alert from being produced.

Please adjust your rules/make a way for the Google express orders to provide the "combine orders alert" asap.

I can provide more info, please contact me if needed as this feature is very important to us.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Assign order to user, and assigned user name is showing on shipment

Currently Operations - User Name is displayed on shipment
    Instead of this, or adding another column for assigned user

so we can trace work performance by assigned user

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow 'Or' logic, case statements, and 'in' lists for automation rules

Automation Rules need to be able to use 'Or' logical conditions, case statements, or inclusion lists.
    For example.. to assign a specific carrier/serivce option for ground shipments, we almost exclusively go by weight. And then map the different sales channels' versions of what 'ground' means.

It would save alot of redundant rules to be able to add these logical conditions to this.
    whereby we could then do this in just one rule, instead of many redundant rules.

if weight > = 16 oz and
    (requested service = 'Free Shipping'
    or requested service = 'Std US D2D Dom')
    then {do this…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automation options AFTER order import

create an automation rule for an order update AFTER it is imported to shipstation
    (example - if we update the internal notes in an order, I would like to send an email to our warehouse team)

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'ts time for a programable auto update store setting. Manually updating then reloading is old.

It's time for a programmable auto update store setting.
    Manually updating then reloading is getting old.
    This can not be that difficult to achieve.
    Periodic store update option is not enough.

SS is good, time to make it better.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Import Shipping Carrier Info from Weebly into Shipstation

Currently from Weebly Store orders, we cannot import the Shipping Carrier Info into the Shipstation API for processing.

3rd party fulfillment centers which work with the Shipstation only relies on the information they see on Shipstation. They have no way to understand what shipping carrier has been selected by customer on webstore.

Can this feature be added in to source Shipping Carrier in the order info ?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Link to order details

Ability to link directly to order details page.
    Hyperlink that goes right to the order details for one of your orders instead of having to search for it.
    something like https://ss6.shipstation.com/#/orders?ordernum=32421334
    People have tried to get this done already.
    http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/126593-idea-archive/suggestions/17386843-url-to-go-directly-to-details

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Returns without Return Labels

It should be possible for us to generate an RMA number without a return label. In cases where it is the customer's responsibility to pay for return shipping (Changed Mind, Ordered Wrong Product, etc) we still need to track the return for refunding.

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add "Item Description" field to automation criteria

Would be nice to set up an automation rule based on a text string found in the item's description field.

Currently that filed is not in the available criteria dropdown.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Edit packing slip

When someone accidentally orders the wrong size and wants to change the size... I want to update the packing slip before I print the label. This would save so much time. I can go in and make the adjustment and then when I print 30 labels or more.. I dont have to try to find it and write on it with ink. This happens all the time and it's hard to keep track of who wants what after I print the labels.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Importing orders from shopify BY VENDOR

That would be a tremendous help if you use multiple shipping companies/vendors.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Map "Order#" to "Message Displayed on Invoice" for Quickbooks Online

We send shipped B2B orders to Quickbooks online as Invoices.

Right now our order number map to the "message displayed on statement" instead of the "message displayed on invoice." The order number is, more often than not, the PO# for the shipment. This number needs to be displayed on the invoice. It would be SO much more functional for the order number to map to the invoice message - please make this the default, or at the very least an option for those of us who need it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. search by RMA

It would be great to be able to search by RMA. The numbers are there, so it seems odd that there's no way to use them as a search criteria.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Edit Customer Info Directly From ShipStation

Currently, when you want to edit a customers information in shipstation, you must create a document, import the document, select edit customer, and then the information will be edited. It would be extremely beneficial for shipstation to have an "edit" button for the customers information to be directly edited from the app. This would allow users to go directly to the customer that needs updating, hit edit, and type the information directly into shipstation. The current process of importing is not intuitive and makes it appear that you are unable to edit a customer (unless you have previously gone through…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Choose specific day of week for Automation Rules

I would like to have the option to choose a specific day of the week for an automation rule. For example, if the day is Saturday, change all of my FedEx Ground orders to UPS Ground.

32 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

19. Defaults to Cheapest Shipping Option

I want the ability on a default shipping option of "flat rate" or "free shipping" to automatically check for the cheapest shipping option that I have enabled on shipstation. Say for example an order comes in that 2 lbs and USPS Priority is $10.99 and FedEx SmartPost is $8.78 it will automatically set the default to FedEx Smart Post. Then if another package to say Alaska comes in the USPS Priority is $10.99 and FedEx SmartPost is $20.00 the option will default to USPS Priority.

103 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automatically sync orders from ShipStation to Quickbooks

We use ShipStation to receive orders from many sales channels and platforms.

While the Quickbooks integration is great, it would be even better if the sync could happen automatically every day or at some other specified interval.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base