Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi Package Shipping for DPD

The vast majority of our orders require more than one box and therefore have to be manually fulfilled.
    DPD support multi package shipping so please add this to the UK integration

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. More sophisticated batch field mapping

It seems every field except those needed to actually print a shipping label is able to be field mapped upon csv import. It is very convoluted that you cannot field map carrier and ship service type until you have imported a csv, and manually selected orders to map carrier and shipping service type in the side panel. In UPS Worldship and Stamps.com, it is actually a requirement to list your carrier and service in the csv before import, and match your carrier and service terms during import field mapping (in separate fields, mind you- not all jammed together like ShipStation).

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Customer Frequency

It would be very helpful if on the Awaiting Shipment page, a column option could be added to the "Columns" drop down menu for "Frequency" or "Orders" so one could see at a glance if a customer is new or returning. The information is currently being collected and can be seen if one runs a report from: Insights tab > Reports > Raw Data Export > Customers. It would just be very convenient to see it on the shipments screen.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. back order management

Is there a way to set automated rule to release the backorder from hold to awaiting payment base on the stock availability?

When we take orders, it may contain products that's ready to ship and products that's on backordered. We would split the order into two, fulfill and ship the available stock, backorder the rest by putting the second part of the order to hold. It will be very helpful for us to be able to set an automated rule to release the order from hold to awaiting payment when we receive the backordered products?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Custom Order Status Mapping for 3dCart

Currently you don’t support 3dCart custom order mapping. We want to switch to your platform but this is a show stopper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Quickbooks Desktop

Allow export to QuickBooks desktop Enterprise.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You should make a feature which allows "User Management" to only show employee accounts certain store info. I own several stores and would l

You should make a feature which allows "User Management" to only show employee accounts certain store info. I own several stores and would like certain employee accounts to only access specific stores (the orders, reporting, analytics, settings etc).

I don't want to make a new account because as an admin, I'd like to see all the stores. But I only want certain employees to see certain data. This feature is a must have for larger operations in my opinion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Looking to create an automation so a tag can be placed on orders where the Inventory level drops below 3 units

Looking to create an automation so a tag can be placed on orders where the Inventory level drops below 3 units

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatically sync orders from ShipStation to Quickbooks

We use ShipStation to receive orders from many sales channels and platforms.

While the Quickbooks integration is great, it would be even better if the sync could happen automatically every day or at some other specified interval.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add "product category" to Orders Grid

Please add Product Category to the column options on the Orders page. For me, it just helps me to be more efficient -- I could filter on product category, apply preset, generate labels, and prep orders from there. I basically do that now by sorting on Item Name, but having a filter for product category would be more useful. With the holidays coming up, the more I can be organized and efficient, the better!

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Button for mapping address location

Im going to sound lazy when I say this , but can you add a button next to the address that will link directly to a map software. Google earth would be great. I use this often to be sure that if someone orders and provides a Postal address that they truly do have a mailbox or mail slot. Actually looking at the satellite view helps immensely with making sure the address is correct. I understand I can copy and paste but a little button would be O so cute!
    Thank you !

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow 'Or' logic, case statements, and 'in' lists for automation rules

Automation Rules need to be able to use 'Or' logical conditions, case statements, or inclusion lists.
    For example.. to assign a specific carrier/serivce option for ground shipments, we almost exclusively go by weight. And then map the different sales channels' versions of what 'ground' means.

It would save alot of redundant rules to be able to add these logical conditions to this.
    whereby we could then do this in just one rule, instead of many redundant rules.

if weight > = 16 oz and
    (requested service = 'Free Shipping'
    or requested service = 'Std US D2D Dom')
    then {do this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automation options AFTER order import

create an automation rule for an order update AFTER it is imported to shipstation
    (example - if we update the internal notes in an order, I would like to send an email to our warehouse team)

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add "Package" as a mappable field for CSV order uploads

Add "Package" as a mappable field for CSV order uploads

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. search shipments

Searching under Shipments should also include Returns results. Currently you need to open Advanced Search and filter for Returns. This is not intuitive and different that the way search works in Products & Orders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have a confirmation on Dismiss all on alerts.

When you push dismiss all it doesn't ask if you are sure. Doing so would prevent unwanted cleaning of the alerts. I use it to find orders to combine and sometimes I hit dismiss all on accident and it really throws a wrench in the process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. User Restriction Requiring Approval To Void a Shipment or Sending a Duplicate Order

It would be very helpful to add these user restrictions or require approval to do so.

Restrict a user from voiding shipments

Restrict a user from sending a duplicate order

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Link to order details

Ability to link directly to order details page.
    Hyperlink that goes right to the order details for one of your orders instead of having to search for it.
    something like https://ss6.shipstation.com/#/orders?ordernum=32421334
    People have tried to get this done already.
    http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/126593-idea-archive/suggestions/17386843-url-to-go-directly-to-details

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Defaults to Cheapest Shipping Option

I want the ability on a default shipping option of "flat rate" or "free shipping" to automatically check for the cheapest shipping option that I have enabled on shipstation. Say for example an order comes in that 2 lbs and USPS Priority is $10.99 and FedEx SmartPost is $8.78 it will automatically set the default to FedEx Smart Post. Then if another package to say Alaska comes in the USPS Priority is $10.99 and FedEx SmartPost is $20.00 the option will default to USPS Priority.

73 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "Item Description" field to automation criteria

Would be nice to set up an automation rule based on a text string found in the item's description field.

Currently that filed is not in the available criteria dropdown.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base