Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy Automation Rules

Please add the ability to copy automation rules just like packing slips can be copied.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Please automate Mark as Shipped

I have 100+ monthly service invoices per day that import with Requested Service of "No Ship."
    Currently, I have to manually mark these as shipped under Other Actions.
    Please add an automation for "Requested Service (Marketplace)" so that I can mark these orders as shipped on import. There are clearly other users in my situation, and the capacity is clearly there.
    Thanks for considering this.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In-Store Pickup should be a service mapping

ShipStation is much more than just shipping software -- it's a platform to manage the logistics of a business. In-Store Pickup is very common for us, and it's important that staff who are processing orders be aware of that fulfillment method when seeing the orders list etc. Please create a Service mapping for In-Store Pickup! Thank you! You guys rule!

Jason

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jason! Thanks for bring this up (and the kudos!) Have you looked into tagging your local orders? This will help increase visibility and you can automate the tagging.

If you’ve got “local pickup” as an option on your store, we can import that value as the requested service (depending on which selling channel you’re using). If the requested service appears, you can make an automation rule that says “If requested service (marketplace) equals local pickup, then apply a tag”.

Once you get there, you can use the mark as shipped method to move the order from awaiting shipment to shipped.

Let us know here in the product feedback forum if you’ve got any questions or more information to clarify your idea.

4. Allow for automation rules to work on multiple item orders

Need the ability for the automation rules to see multiple item orders. So you can create logic that IF it includes this SKU and also this SKU it will process these rules. This should be able to be done for as many items in the order.

The current automation rules do not work well if you have multiple skus that get sold together in a shopping cart.

68 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Apply package set to orders in bulk (or allow presets to have multiple packages)

We currently import our orders using a CSV to Shipstation from our internal database. 95% of our orders are standard "kit" configurations consisting of two boxes with the same dimensions and weights each time. We always ship these orders via Fedex.

It would be very helpful to be able to configure the order using two boxes in bulk for these orders. Upon researching this capability, it appears that it is possible to configure and apply a preset in bulk, but the preset only allows one box (not multiple ones). There is a package set feature that allows multiple boxes to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

6. Shipment claims

We wish ShipStation developers would include a function in its interface where we could start a claim for lost shipments right from within the shipment (as we can do with returns - See figure). That would be such a life, time, hassle saver!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add store parameter to the magento2 integration

We, as well as other I assume, have a multi-store magento2 installation, shipstation, thus far, has been great in regards to functionality with multi store, and pulls in all our data

That being said, we have a few store scopes, that are mainly just used for data and order segregation (eg: ebay or amazon magento integrations, their orders all take place in their own store scope)

The main issue with this, is that the shipstation integration pulls the store scope of the current URL, which isn't always helpful, for example in the situation above, I think adding an optional store…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Split Orders Status Change

Hey, We would like a way for ShipStation to auto change the status of a split order. Right now it will change the status of the orders that are shipped but if the order is split it stays as processing. It dose send a note to WooCommerces with the products that were shipped and the tracking number but it keeps the order status as processing. If it could change the order status to Split Order that would be great. That way when we are going threw the orders on WooCommerces we don't have to open them to find out why…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Shipping and Quotes for Multiple Packages

We ship a large majority of our orders in multiple packages and currently do so manually by going into the order, clicking "+" next to "Package" to ship multiple packages, and applying a "Package Set". It would save a lot of time to allow multiple packages when creating new "Preset Groups" under the "Products" tab. Currently, it only allows us to preset one package under "Shipping Defaults" when adding a Preset Group. Please also input a "+" button for multiple packages for the Rate Calculator and when creating return labels. These new additions would improve our workflow and the efficiency…

28 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to use multiple Shipstation Accounts at once.

The ability to have multiple shipstation accounts open at once or even switch through accounts through the UI. We have a few different completely different ecommerce businesses running with different shipping softwares. Shipstation is by far our favorite and we'd love to consolidate everything there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Better shipment tracking for shipments that have not been picked up/scanned

Please add a way to see if an order has been printed but not shipped. I have 1 week orders in pre-shipment and the only reason I found out about this is because the customer has email me. It would be very nice if we got alerts about this as well.

ex: "hey this order was printed 7 days ago and still have not shipped. click here to print out label"

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fedex Verification

We've been having a lot of trouble with the fact that the only address verification is through Stamps.com. Because Fedex uses its own database and charges us if our address doesn't match theirs, we've had to turn off this functionality. It would be super helpful if we could use Fedex verification. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automate orders that have already been imported.

We have some orders that are picked up in store. For these orders, we'd like to make a rule that after the order has been open for X days (and the customer hasn't picked up), it sends us an email reminder to refund the customer and cancel the order.

I've managed to make an automation rule that does exactly that, but it will only process on the orders as they are being imported, which makes it useless in these kinds of situations.

It would be great if there was a way to automate orders that have already been imported.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As a potential option for your workflow, you could “Reprocess” your automation rules daily. As long as those orders are still in Awaiting Shipment, the rule will run and you should be notified. If you have issues getting the email, you can also set up an alert with the order # and a short message. Contact our support team if you have further questions about this.

14. multiple accounts rate calculator

Hi,

It would be nice to have the ability to see the rate for multiple account in the rate calculator. IE. if I have two fedex accounts and would like to see the rates for both, at this time I have to change my primary account; why not add another tab for fedex for the additional account and have a visibility check box under account management to toggle which accounts you can view.

This would be helpful for larger companies who have several location and different rates or accounts from those locations, or even multiple accounts for the same location…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Order Links

My team throws around a LOT of plaintext Order IDs in Slack as we go about our day.

If we need to look up an order, we then have to go to Shipstation, enter the order in search, wait, and then do our thang.

To minimize time and friction, I wanted to write a snippet to automatically convert the plaintext order ID to a link that would open the corresponding Order ID in Shipstation. It would shave off 15-45 seconds from every order lookup... time which adds up!

It seems like a simple fix to be able to link to…

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

16. Import Third Party Account Information

Add CSV import Mapping fields for Third Party Account Numbers. Many of our Dropship customers want to use their own FedEx account numbers. Currently, we have the manually enter their Account Numbers for each order post-import. This is time consuming and can cause mistakes during busy holiday seasons

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Cara, thanks for bringing this up! While we wait for other users to chime in, I think there may be somethings we can do today to help you apply the FedEx account numbers faster.

Have you looked into an automation rule to charge to a third party? This will allow you to automatically apply account numbers to orders if you already know how to filter down your orders.

Alternatively, from the orders grid, you may want to look into using bulk actions to “charge shipping to 3rd party…”

17. Schedule Automation Rules

Once the Multiple Order Combination functionality works through automation rules the ability to schedule that rule to run will be necessary. For example, if you use the API to inject orders into ShipStation as they are processing through your store, or if you are importing multiple files during the day, you will want the combine multiple items automation rule to run regularly since right now the automation rules only run on import.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Folders for Automation Rules

I think it would be helpful if you could have folders to organize automation rules. With thousands of products each requiring automation rules to determine the best ship method, it would be hard to find my other rules.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UPS Reference Fields

Currently ShipStation does not support UPS Reference fields. In a drop ship business most customers require data in the UPS Reference for tracking, billing, vendor codes etc. There is a way to create up to 3 custom fields for labels that are placed where the UPS Reference fields are located, but not sure if this will satisfy our customer's report needs. Some customer's go a step further and require information in Reference fields 4 and 5 and there is no solution for this. This one issue will limit our use of ShipStation for one of our bigger customers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automatic re-processing of automation rules when combing order

We heavily rely on automation rules for selecting the appropriate shipping settings for orders. However we have a good amount of orders that we have to combined for customers who place multiple orders to save on shipping costs and select the appropriate shipping method (air, ground, etc.) prior to processing the shipments.

currently after combining all orders for the day, we need to manually go back to the settings and manually re-process the automation rules each time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base