Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unicode (non-Roman characters) support

We have a company store that sells to the world market. Countries in Asia (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) use 2-byte, non-Roman, unicode characters in their names and addresses. These address will have last characters filtered or altered when printed. It is annoying and risky to loss, not able to print them properly. As more and more companies sells internationally, it is good to prepare ShipStation ready for world markets.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. fulfillment by amazon for international orders

Multi-channel fulfillment by amazon is great, but you have to use exactly the same SKU that you are using for your FBA inventory if you want your international shopify order to forward to amazon.co.uk or amazon.ca (or wherever) for fulfillment. This is not realistic as I have an original SKU used in my shopify and seller fulfilled amazon.com account, a separate SKU for US FBA, and separate SKUs for FBA in other countries (which is exactly what amazon tells you to do). As a result, there is no way for an order placed on my shopify and heading to the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add funds button color

Would like the "add funds" button to be a different color - red works. We add in blocks of large funds to make it easier for accounting department. They get upset at small adds. Sometimes while flying through orders we don't notice we're also adding funds and not only shipping because the button color is the same.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shopify order tags

We would like to have the ability to bring in order tags from shopify. We tag orders with various things and need to have those tags available to us.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Custom Field for Customer Shipping Notes

We have many customers that request the shipping company leave the package in a specific area, such as a garage or back door to prevent theft. The ideal solution would be to have a customer marketplace field that we can add shipping notes that is then mapped over to ShipStation as a note to the carrier on the label. The other option would be to be able to add custom notes to customer records on the shipstation side that would then carry over to the order and label. We implemented a workaround automation that performs this action but its not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Disable Certain Countries

I'd like to be able to disable certain countries because there are many countries that we do not ship to. We accidentally selected Swaziland instead of Switzerland. We'll enable one country at a time as needed. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Google Express - Combining Orders Alert needed asap

Google Express - Combining Orders Alert needed asap

Per customer support the zip code and email address must be the same for the alert to be produced. This will be an issue as google express seems to create a separate order for each item thus creating a unique marketplace email each order. This prevents the alert from being produced.

Please adjust your rules/make a way for the Google express orders to provide the "combine orders alert" asap.

I can provide more info, please contact me if needed as this feature is very important to us.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Assign order to user, and assigned user name is showing on shipment

Currently Operations - User Name is displayed on shipment
    Instead of this, or adding another column for assigned user

so we can trace work performance by assigned user

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add "Product Total" to the available columns on the Orders screen

Please add the "Product Total" field to the list of available columns on the Orders screen. This information is available in the order details, but it not an available field for column selection.

The reason "Product Total" is more useful than "Order Total" is that the product total displays the total before tax. Due to Marketplace Facilitator Taxes now being collected by the various marketplaces (only for certain states), the Order Total value shows totals with various state taxes which are not necessarily relevant to the business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Import Shipping Carrier Info from Weebly into Shipstation

Currently from Weebly Store orders, we cannot import the Shipping Carrier Info into the Shipstation API for processing.

3rd party fulfillment centers which work with the Shipstation only relies on the information they see on Shipstation. They have no way to understand what shipping carrier has been selected by customer on webstore.

Can this feature be added in to source Shipping Carrier in the order info ?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Edit packing slip

When someone accidentally orders the wrong size and wants to change the size... I want to update the packing slip before I print the label. This would save so much time. I can go in and make the adjustment and then when I print 30 labels or more.. I dont have to try to find it and write on it with ink. This happens all the time and it's hard to keep track of who wants what after I print the labels.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Map "Order#" to "Message Displayed on Invoice" for Quickbooks Online

We send shipped B2B orders to Quickbooks online as Invoices.

Right now our order number map to the "message displayed on statement" instead of the "message displayed on invoice." The order number is, more often than not, the PO# for the shipment. This number needs to be displayed on the invoice. It would be SO much more functional for the order number to map to the invoice message - please make this the default, or at the very least an option for those of us who need it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. search by RMA

It would be great to be able to search by RMA. The numbers are there, so it seems odd that there's no way to use them as a search criteria.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hot link directly to Shipstation Order

Right now, we need to look up an order in a custom order management system, then look it up in Shipstation. I'd like to create a workflow where we can look up the order in the first system, then just click a link to go directly to the order page in Shipstation. So basically, I'd like to link directly to a Shipstation order page.

However, each order page loads in a modal window so orders aren't given a direct URL. I'd like to simply have a shipsation URL where I can pass in an order id and have that page…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Edit Customer Info Directly From ShipStation

Currently, when you want to edit a customers information in shipstation, you must create a document, import the document, select edit customer, and then the information will be edited. It would be extremely beneficial for shipstation to have an "edit" button for the customers information to be directly edited from the app. This would allow users to go directly to the customer that needs updating, hit edit, and type the information directly into shipstation. The current process of importing is not intuitive and makes it appear that you are unable to edit a customer (unless you have previously gone through…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More sophisticated batch field mapping

It seems every field except those needed to actually print a shipping label is able to be field mapped upon csv import. It is very convoluted that you cannot field map carrier and ship service type until you have imported a csv, and manually selected orders to map carrier and shipping service type in the side panel. In UPS Worldship and Stamps.com, it is actually a requirement to list your carrier and service in the csv before import, and match your carrier and service terms during import field mapping (in separate fields, mind you- not all jammed together like ShipStation).

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customer Frequency

It would be very helpful if on the Awaiting Shipment page, a column option could be added to the "Columns" drop down menu for "Frequency" or "Orders" so one could see at a glance if a customer is new or returning. The information is currently being collected and can be seen if one runs a report from: Insights tab > Reports > Raw Data Export > Customers. It would just be very convenient to see it on the shipments screen.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. back order management

Is there a way to set automated rule to release the backorder from hold to awaiting payment base on the stock availability?

When we take orders, it may contain products that's ready to ship and products that's on backordered. We would split the order into two, fulfill and ship the available stock, backorder the rest by putting the second part of the order to hold. It will be very helpful for us to be able to set an automated rule to release the order from hold to awaiting payment when we receive the backordered products?

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom Order Status Mapping for 3dCart

Currently you don’t support 3dCart custom order mapping. We want to switch to your platform but this is a show stopper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Quickbooks Desktop

Allow export to QuickBooks desktop Enterprise.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base