Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ChannelAdvisor Ship by & Delivery By Date

We use ChannelAdvisor. I would like to have the Amazon Ship By and Delivery By date shown in the order. This will help us to be able to chose the right shipping carrier and method to get the order to the customer in time. Right now, those two fields have no way to be mapped in ShipStation but ChannelAdvisor does provide those fields.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label?

Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label so that we are not paying for every return label? This would especially be good if the customer is returning due to their own error or because they just changed their mind instead of us paying for every single return label?

117 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Revoke user permission for cancelling and combining orders

My warehouse employees sometimes will cancel an order in Shipstation and then forget to also cancel the same order in Amazon or eBay. By the time this becomes a real problem, it's already too late. One time, they combined two orders, one from eBay and one from Amazon, because the buyers had the same first and last name and the orders coincidentally were made within seconds of each other. I need to deny my guys the ability to cancel or combine orders, but still allow them to ship orders. Ideally, these users will need someone with Administration-level permissions to cancel…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow package dimension and weight automation for multi-package shipments

Currently, you can create custom packages, select from that list for the first package in a shipment, and can create a rule that changes the total order weight to match that package's weight. However, this doesn't work after the first package, and changing the total order weight causes problems with multi-package shipments. I would like to see this same capability extended to multi-package shipments.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ebay ship by date

would love it if shipstation would pull the ship by date from ebay like it dose for amazon orders thanks

47 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Woocommerce Composite Products

When importing orders from Woocommerce, ShipStation does not break out composite products. Composite Products are similar to Product Bundles, but with more functionality inside Woocommerce.

I am requesting the feature to break Composite Products into each individual item, so that pick lists and packing lists will show the actual products in the order.

Currently, I cannot use ShipStation's pick list or packing list functionality as it shows the Composite Product as 1 product, instead of each of the selected items that are actually to be shipped.

Woocommerce does properly understand each individual product that was ordered, and manages inventory properly.…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Choose specific day of week for Automation Rules

I would like to have the option to choose a specific day of the week for an automation rule. For example, if the day is Saturday, change all of my FedEx Ground orders to UPS Ground.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

8. Create Automation Rules for Multiple Packages

If an order exceeds a certain weight, I'd like for there to be an automation rule that separates the shipment into multiple packages. We are a coffee company that doesn't ship anything over 40 pounds, but we regularly get orders over 40 pounds, so it would be great when we get an order like that for an automation rule to separate the order into multiple packages.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export shipping records/costs to Quickbooks online and desktop to properly track Accounts Payable and what is owed to carriers

I would like Shipstation to export shipping records/costs to Quickbooks online and desktop to properly track Accounts Payable and what is owed to carriers. When an order is shipped and a tracking number is created, it would be helpful is this can be exported to Quickbooks for the purpose of creating a bill under the appropriate carrier (FedEx, UPS, etc.)

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Batch number should be added as a search criteria

Hi,

We need to have the batch number (Awaiting Shipment) as a search criteria in the advanced search tab. It will help us to batch update the status of the orders.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Branded Returns

Love the branded returns page, however we'd like to have the option to customize more to our liking.

1. Allow us to modify and change reasons for return
    2. When reason of return is "Other" have a notes field for customer to enter details of return
    3. Ability to disable certain products from being allowed to be returned

125 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Multiple items

We need to be able to see each item on a multiple item order. It's no good showing the words 'multiple items.' Sometimes I can only ship a product if I have that product in stock, some 'multiple items' order may contain an item which is not in stock or is a pre order. Inventory management is not the solution. Individual line items for multiple items is.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We would like to place the "ship by date" on the order summary. Please add this feature!

We would like to place the "ship by date" on the order summary. Please add this feature!

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Combine Shipment / Don't Combine Orders

Customers with multiple orders from our various sales channels often request a single shipment.

Currently combining orders means that one order number remains and the other orders are "lost." This results in the "lost" orders being unsearchable in Shipstation.

It would better to combine the shipment instead of the orders.

This is what the customer is expecting to happen and it is a more intuitive handling of order data for users.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow us to delete canceled orders

There should be a way to delete orders from the 'canceled' tab - sometimes an import doesn't go quite right, or perhaps you created the order to get a shipping cost for a customer who backed out - there's no reason to keep all that data in the canceled tab.
    Furthermore, and more importantly - if it's a botched import - you have to change to all new order #'s or re-importing will only update the already botched orders (and if it's the order # that's botched, you're way out of luck.)

Let us delete canceled orders.

24 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Dave, thank you for bringing this up! You’re right, the order number is the identifier in which we can look for to update order information. For example, if you mis-mapped product name and SKU you can re-import the file with the existing order numbers to update these fields.

One other thing you can look into is deactivating your manual store and creating a new one. This will hide all orders associated with this store.

And if you’re looking to create shipping rates, have you looked into the rate calculator? This will let you provide quotes to potential customers or for you to get a better understanding of the available shipping services. Here’s more information on this: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901588

Please let us know here in the forum what you think!

17. Add a filter for not scanned shipment status

In the area showing in the picture, there are already filters corresponding to different tracking status. But there is one missing.

Add another icon with the question mark "?" to apply filter to list just the ones which are not scanned yet. Looking through the list by date, we can check to make sure we don't miss shipment for too long and post office scan all our drop offs.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Shipments: Different Icons for Different Stages of Transit

In the Shipments area, it would be great if there different icons that changed for each stage of transit so we can view status at a glance, without having to click the tracking number.

Example: the current airplane could remain for general "in transit," there could be a truck icon when an shipment is "out for delivery," there could be an exclamation point if a shipment is delayed, etc.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Synch with Quick Books

An outstanding request we have is to import based on the order fulfillment date rather than the date the order was placed. The order shows in Quick Books the day it was imported anyway so only importing orders with the order date specified in the Process Orders range creates challenges. For example if we allow pre-orders and an items is ordered but not filled for a couple of weeks, if we do not go back and process orders with a date range that reaches back to two weeks ago, the order will never by synchronized into Quick Books. So we…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Detailed Multi-package Shipment Reporting

Having the metrics for each box in a shipment populate for multi-package shipments. Each packages price, dimensions, weight.

As of now, when exporting a report to break down how much is spent per package, what size packages were shipped, how much weight is in each one, I reach an impasse. When the order has multiple packages, It only gives me the dimensions for one, and the weight for all.

When attempting to ***** box use trends to identify box waste or overuse, the reporting excludes almost a third of our packages shipped because of this. This makes looking into our…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base