Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. returns

Hi, Since the new Returns update, I am having trouble printing return labels. How about adding a "Print label now" function that works like it used to? Currently the only options we are seeing is "email customer" and download pdf. When we download, we have to figure out where it was saved, then when we try to print it, the printer settings are all messed up. Old method was click print. Done. How about adding 3rd option "Print Now" that uses the regular shipping label default printer settings?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Custom Alerts after create label

We would like to be able to create custom alerts for our shipping team to try and avoid minor errors that can be made. For example dimensions not being entered for packages over 1 lb. We have 2 UPS account, so not selecting the correct account. Currently you get alerts for packages that have insurance or if the address is too long and will get cut off.

I think this can be a great plus for a lot of customers using the software and will also be able to create a lot of auto-filters you can't make on order import.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Order Refresh Button - Check for updates to an already imported order

If an order has been pulled into SS, and then subsequently the customer contacts the seller to make an order change (Add an item, remove, etc) the order is not updated within SS. Regardless of how many times you request a refresh, an orders contents that has already been pulled into shipstation is not re-checked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Filters on Shipments Tab

"Saved Filters" Dropdown on Orders Tab, would be super helpful to have available on the Shipments Tab as well

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A way to schedule an update on all of the stores to be run at a certain designated time.

We are integrated with SKUVault and each morning we have to click on "Update All Stores" on ShipStation's UI to pull new orders into SKUVault. However, there is a significant delay of 15 minutes between the time we update the stores (various marketplaces) and when SKUVault receives the orders. It would be great to be able to schedule a time for the orders to download into ShipStation each day (for example: every day @ 8:45 AM) and be ready for us to ship the orders out of SKUVault instead of having to wait to begin shipping the orders each morning.…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ship Multiple Packages duplication populate the next shipment information

When you first click the green arrow to Ship Multiple Packages, the 1st package reflects the data you entered already. The 2nd package is blank. When you duplicate the 1st package, it skips the 2nd blank package and makes a 3rd package. (You then have to delete the 2nd package.) It should simply populate the 2nd package (or the next empty package).

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shopify Payment Method

I need to create an automating rules base on the customer payment method like CC or PayPal.

I use Shopify and it seem that Shopify does send you the info it just that ShipStation do not save this information.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New Order / Manual Order features wanted - Ship From Warehouse, Tags, Internal Notes

A majority of the time when I make manual orders I have to find the order by searching in SS so I can add specific information. The ability to 1) Choose a Ship From Location, 2) add a TAG and 3) add Internal Notes in the Manual Order screen would be very helpful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. package set

Each one of my products = (1) Package.

I have several Package Sets simply saved as 1 Box, 2 Boxes, 5 Boxes, 10 Boxes, 25 Boxes, etc.

If ShipStation could expose "Apply Package Set" to its list of available Bulk Actions, then you could sort your Shipping Queue by Quantity and configure multiple packages across multiple orders en masse.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to mark a single item as picked on a multiple item order

The ability to mark an item as picked on a multiple item order would help us tremendously. The item marked as picked would not show up on the pick list.

For example, when we have an order with item A, B and C at the beginning of the day. A, B and C will print on the pick list. During the day we use the pick list to find items A and B but cannot locate C. We put A and B to the side in our shipping station and keep shipping the rest of our orders. (This probably happens…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tracking number live notifications; Collaborate with online marketplace delivery windows

If there was some interface where we could see what shipped orders need our attention, this would help with a number of things. It looks like the back end coding for this already exists since we could see an icon next to the tracking number assigned to the given order (question mark, exclamation point, airplane icon, check mark.)

It would be nice if ShipStation sifted out and separated these shipments that need our attention on a separate tab based on the tracking numbers updates. Let me explain some situations:

1. Tracking number hasn't been updated for an extended amount of time
    16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! And to help our product team best understand this idea, where would you guys like to see these orders needing attention appear? Would you like to see it be a new view on the Shipments page where these orders that fit a criteria are shown?

12. Ability to schedule Saturday USPS Pickup

I regularly ship on Saturdays as many Priority Mail shipments picked up on Saturday are delivered Monday, which makes for happy customers.

I currently have to go to USPS.com for Saturday pickups, because ShipStation's Pickup options are only for Mon-Fri. It would be a great time-saver if I could schedule Saturday pickups via the new pickup scheduler which is so much easier to use than USPS.com.

Thank you.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this up, @AM! We’ll keep this one in mind, but we’d like to see how many other users are interested in this one before moving forward.

*edit: USPS Saturday pick up does not come with a fee, but we would still like to hear your thoughts on the following questions: How often do you use Saturday pickup? Is it a regular pick up you need to schedule or occasional and as-needed?

13. Automate customization of commercial invoice

Right now, the CI shipment value is tied to the product in ShipStation. But when we offer a discount or sale, that value is incorrect. And AFAIK, the value has to be updated manually. I'm hoping to import the price / value from my marketplace connection (Shopify).

For international orders, the customs value is the amount paid by the customer (not the full retail value), so we have customers that end up overpaying duty & tax because we haven't manually updated the CI.

An automation would be very helpful!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @erainey, thank you for taking the time to post this! The declared value depends on what information ShipStation receives from Shopify and I’m not seeing any information to tell ShipStation how to discount products accordingly.

If feasible, I would try using Shopify’s “Price” and “Compare at Price” if you’re discounting individual items to signal to your customers there is a discount.

If this is a product-based discount you might find it helpful to set the declared value for your products in ShipStation. This is located under “Customs” when you are viewing Product Details for a sku.

Lastly, if neither of the options above are applicable, I recommend making these orders more visible so you and your shippers know to adjust the declared values by applying order tags with automation rules. The rule would look like “If SKU is X, then apply order tag Y”, then you would use a…

14. Allow auto-rule and export/reports to choose "by username"

There are some specific rules and reports we would like to create based on a "by username" setting.

Each of our showroom locations use usernames to designate which showroom or location is creating or shipping out an order.

I had an issue where I want to set a "default store" when a specific username creates a manual order, we don't have the ability to do this.

I also had an issue where I wanted to create reports or exports based on which username created or shipped out an order. Couldnt do it.

Please look into this as it would help…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We haven’t seen any activity since our last update (you can read them by clicking “Show previous admin responses” in the forum) so we are closing it to give your votes back. This allows you to use your votes on other ideas and will help us prioritize the most active ideas.

Please let us know if you’re still interested in this idea, and we’ll re-open it to see what other users think with the added information. All of your input is on our radar and we appreciate your insights!

15. Fix import of orders via csv file

BUG: CSV order import doesn't support standard ascii characters in column headers.

If you have a column header named "P.O. Number:" in your csv file you can upload the file and create the mapping just fine but when you go to do the import it gives an error.

This is a bug. If it can't accept the column header then it shouldn't allow it to be mapped but more appropriately if it is a CSV import than it should accept standard ascii characters in column names just like it should in column data.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @cgetsadmin! Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback! At this time, the process of importing orders is working as designed, however I see your point where it is frustrating to go through a process only to be turned around to double up on work.

As such, the product team will review your idea and you’ll hear from us once we’ve made a decision.

Today, symbols and punctuations are generally not allowed as column headers and you must remove them in order to import orders via CSV. One thing you can do right now is to see if other users are interested in a ShipStation partnership with your order source here in the forum. That way you can circumvent the CSV import process in its entirety!

16. Show Tracking Numbers For Marked As Shipped Orders

When an order is in a Shipped status and a tracking number exists, the tracking number should be available in the Orders list or the Order Details page.

It is currently shown on the Order Details page for manual shipments, but not for any fulfillment.

It should be displayed above Shipping Info even when it was a fulfillment order. There's really no reason for it not to be displayed here.

53 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing up this improvement for fulfillments!

We’d like for your idea to gain momentum and support from other users before making a decision. Please comment here in the forum with any information that may catch the attention of other users.

17. Need to see actual items not the word (Multiple items)

Currently, I have 4041 orders to fill today. http://screencast.com/t/c8NxtCNt My staff is each assigned an item or group of items to fill that day. Your system doesnt show what items are in the order unless you click on the order. For 4,000 orders a day this is a very slow process. I need it changed to indicate the actual items. I will pay you to address this issue.

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @Gordon! Thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll record this feedback and keep it in mind when we’re designing features. For now, we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users before moving forward to help gauge interest while we research this independently.

In the meantime, can you go into more detail about how you assign orders? Do you assign your staff members according to “orders ONLY with Product A” and then “orders with products A, B, C bought together”—or is your process more independent where two staff members will never touch the same product?

18. Split an order from Order Details view

Splitting orders for partial fulfillment is a very common activity for me, but the process is very clunky. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something that will make it easier.Right now, it appears I can only split an order by pulling up the Orders view (with or without a filter), selecting one order, digging around for the well-hidden "Split Order" option under the "Other Actions" button, and performing the split from there. One of the reasons this is cumbersome is that I spend more time in the Order Details view determining how the order needs to be split. I have…

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When an order is manually mark as shipped, let us enter a Ship Date and show the the tracking number in the upper left corner of Orders page

When an order is manually mark as shipped, let us enter a Ship Date and then plz show the the tracking number in the upper left corner of Orders page.Right now, it shows it at the bottom of the page, but only if we click on –Order Activity”. This is hard to find and easy to over look:

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the update, Gene! The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

We’d also like to hear what everyone else thinks, too! Any helpful details you can provide about how you use and track Manual Orders will help us understand your point of view. Please be sure to comment here in the forum so everyone can see your ideas.

20. More open batches than 5 at one time

I want to be able to have more than just 5 open batches at a time

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Calebw! Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea! We’ll keep this in mind. We’d like to see other users add support before making a decision on this.

Can you give us some more information on how you use batches today? What determines whether an order goes into a batch, and how big are your batches normally?

Any other information you could provide in the forum is much appreciated!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base