Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a confirmation on Dismiss all on alerts.

When you push dismiss all it doesn't ask if you are sure. Doing so would prevent unwanted cleaning of the alerts. I use it to find orders to combine and sometimes I hit dismiss all on accident and it really throws a wrench in the process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. User Restriction Requiring Approval To Void a Shipment or Sending a Duplicate Order

It would be very helpful to add these user restrictions or require approval to do so.

Restrict a user from voiding shipments

Restrict a user from sending a duplicate order

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Import Shipping Carrier Info from Weebly into Shipstation

Currently from Weebly Store orders, we cannot import the Shipping Carrier Info into the Shipstation API for processing.

3rd party fulfillment centers which work with the Shipstation only relies on the information they see on Shipstation. They have no way to understand what shipping carrier has been selected by customer on webstore.

Can this feature be added in to source Shipping Carrier in the order info ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Link to order details

Ability to link directly to order details page.
    Hyperlink that goes right to the order details for one of your orders instead of having to search for it.
    something like https://ss6.shipstation.com/#/orders?ordernum=32421334
    People have tried to get this done already.
    http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/126593-idea-archive/suggestions/17386843-url-to-go-directly-to-details

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add "Item Description" field to automation criteria

Would be nice to set up an automation rule based on a text string found in the item's description field.

Currently that filed is not in the available criteria dropdown.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hot link directly to Shipstation Order

Right now, we need to look up an order in a custom order management system, then look it up in Shipstation. I'd like to create a workflow where we can look up the order in the first system, then just click a link to go directly to the order page in Shipstation. So basically, I'd like to link directly to a Shipstation order page.

However, each order page loads in a modal window so orders aren't given a direct URL. I'd like to simply have a shipsation URL where I can pass in an order id and have that page…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Purchase Postage In Return Portal

Hi,

I am a longtime user of the platform and it has saved me a ton of time shipping as my business grows! One thing that I have noticed with the new return portal is that I can not purchase postage for USPS.

When I print a normal label I can buy postage right there in the shipping portal.

However when I go to create a return label, it will not let me purchase postage in the return portal. I have to open a new tab, then go to settings, shipping carriers, select stamps.com, then manually purchase postage before I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve / simplify label voiding process....

Can't we eliminate the extra steps and at least make the Void function available from the Orders tab -- Instead of having to void it from the Shipments tab, then return to the Orders tab in order to cancel the order from Awaiting Shipment?

IDEALLY (and in addition) we would make the "Void Shipment(s)" function as a drop-down menu with 2 options:

"Void Label & Cancel"
    (OR)
    "Void Label & Restore"

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "and" "or" rules for automation

Shipstation, it would be incredibly helpful if your automation system filters supported "or" rules. We use SquareSpace as our storefront and currently use numerous filters and actions for each operation we want to perform to the orders.
    This is mainly because each order we receive can contain a variety of different products that need to be packaged in a specific way or that can't have certain items packaged in the same shipment due to DOT regulations. SKUs, Quantities and Weights, are all used to determine this. Sometimes, a customer orders an excepted quantity and no special actions are required. Sometimes…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Quickbooks Desktop

Allow export to QuickBooks desktop Enterprise.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. bigcommerce tax mapping

It appears that even though ShipStation has a field for Tax Paid, when it brings in an order from BigCommerce it combines the tax paid with the product total amount so tax paid in Shipstation always says zero. I now have a checkout that allows international customers to prepay their duties and taxes if they wish (Zonos), and if they do it will come through in the taxes field in BigCommerce. Shipstation has a really neat shipping rule where you can set up the "prepay duties/ taxes" box to automatically be checked if it sees a "taxes paid" amount for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Audible tone/message/siren for incoming orders (Next Day Air, Expedited)

Audible tone/message/siren for incoming orders (Next Day Air, Expedited)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Defaults to Cheapest Shipping Option

I want the ability on a default shipping option of "flat rate" or "free shipping" to automatically check for the cheapest shipping option that I have enabled on shipstation. Say for example an order comes in that 2 lbs and USPS Priority is $10.99 and FedEx SmartPost is $8.78 it will automatically set the default to FedEx Smart Post. Then if another package to say Alaska comes in the USPS Priority is $10.99 and FedEx SmartPost is $20.00 the option will default to USPS Priority.

63 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automation options AFTER order import

create an automation rule for an order update AFTER it is imported to shipstation
    (example - if we update the internal notes in an order, I would like to send an email to our warehouse team)

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Could we have a hotkey for opening the scan to print feature?

We find ourselves wanting to get back to the scan to print window quickly after having to go out into the regular mode and would really like to just be able to hit x or p or some hotkey to get the window back.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "dimensions" or "total dimensions in inches" to criteria for automation rules

Regarding automation rules -- We need the "IF" criteria to somehow include dimensions and/or the dimensions combined (L+W+H) because the dimensions have about as much of an impact on rates as the weight at this point and we ship using a very wide variety of different size/shape boxes. A couple of (ideal) examples...

"If the package's longest side exceeds ___ inches" then...
    "If the total/combined dimensions exceeds ___ inches" then...

And as other idea(s) mention, Girth would also be a useful option for the criteria as well.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multi package rate quotes

Allowing multiple packages for rate quotes in the calculator. 95% of our shipments are more than one box and it would be great for accurate quotes.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Returns without Return Labels

It should be possible for us to generate an RMA number without a return label. In cases where it is the customer's responsibility to pay for return shipping (Changed Mind, Ordered Wrong Product, etc) we still need to track the return for refunding.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Alerts for shipment delivery exceptions

Recently we had a package that was returned to sender. The tracking information shows that we received the package, but we believe the package to be lost.

Our team had not been regularly checking the delivery exceptions tab of the shipments page, so this order went into the error state without us knowing about it.

If we could choose to turn on alerts when orders go into the delivery exception state, our team could have investigated and addressed the issue much sooner.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base