Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter by EXCLUDING a certain tag

We need the ability to filter orders by EXCLUDING certain tags. For example, we have a tag called "order approved" and another tag called "sent to production". We do custom work that requires a proofing process, so when an order is approved by a customer, we apply the "order approved" tag. Once our team begins production on an order, they apply the "sent to production" tag. We would really like to be able to filter all of our open orders by showing all orders with "order approved" tag but EXCLUDE all orders that have both the "order approved" and "sent…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a column to show customer email address in the "order" screen/awaiting shipment

It would be extremely helpful to be able to add a column in the order screen that shows the customer's email address.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. setup ONLINE as an automation option for UPS shipments

Online is the option for delivery confirmation from UPS. When I set a default for all shipments to confirm DELIVERY, that causes UPS shipments to send me a delivery confirmation by mail, and costs an additional $3.00 or so.

I would like for "Online" to be an available automation option for shipping confirmation

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. scan tracking numbers into manual

I would like to be able to use a hand scanner to upload tracking numbers into the manually entered area. This would eliminate the human error portion of updating those tracking numbers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple tracking number for marketplaces

When we get multiple package orders shipstation only sends single master tracking number to marketplaces. But it would be better and much more accurate if shipstation can send all tracking numbers of an order so that we can give more accurately tracking status to our customers and marketplaces.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Batch number should be added as a search criteria

Hi,

We need to have the batch number (Awaiting Shipment) as a search criteria in the advanced search tab. It will help us to batch update the status of the orders.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please automate Mark as Shipped

I have 100+ monthly service invoices per day that import with Requested Service of "No Ship."
    Currently, I have to manually mark these as shipped under Other Actions.
    Please add an automation for "Requested Service (Marketplace)" so that I can mark these orders as shipped on import. There are clearly other users in my situation, and the capacity is clearly there.

Thanks for considering this.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow input of dimensions

We want Shipstation to have the capability to accept direct input of dimensions from a Cubiscan device. Another brand of this type machine is called QubeVu. We would want it to function just like input from a USB scale. Most of these devices are paired with a digital scale so we would like to put a package on the device and have the weight and the package dimensions automatically fill.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add editable buyer Name Field when creating manual orders

When exporting orders from Shipstation to an accounting software, the buyer name is an important field because it is mapped to the customer name. Currently , when creating manual orders in Shipstation, there is no distinction between the Ship to Contact and the Buyer Name. Shipstation will copy the Ship to Contact and will populate the Buyer Name field. This is not good when the Buyer and the Recipient are different persons. Also, there is a glitch in Shipstation that when you edit the Ship to Contact, it will not change the Buyer Name, once the order is created, the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Batch printing settings

It would be great if before printing a batch, we could choose if it can be printed 1 or 2 labels per page. No matter if I selected the printing shipping labels settings as one per page, the system will print the batch shipping labels 2 per page.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would like to be able to edit a user name, since I fired one person who had her own username.

Would like to be able to edit a user name, since I fired one person who had her own username.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! You can make your users inactive and this will remove their access from your ShipStation account. Is there another concern you have in regards to this user’s access to ShipStation?

12. Add ability to see weather at destination location

We ship live plants, which are temperature sensitive. Depending on the weather at the destination location, we use special insulated packing materials and heat packs. Currently, we have to search for the weather at the destination location in order to make a judgement about the best way to ship. This takes a lot of time and effort.

It would be really amazing if there were the ability to pull weather information into shipstation. A simple high and low at the destination location would be perfect!

Thanks for considering,
    Jesse

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Increase number of saved views

Right now we are limited to 5 views. I feel as though an increase would be very helpful when you have as many search terms as we do to sort through our orders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better shipment tracking for shipments that have not been picked up/scanned

Please add a way to see if an order has been printed but not shipped. I have 1 week orders in pre-shipment and the only reason I found out about this is because the customer has email me. It would be very nice if we got alerts about this as well.

ex: "hey this order was printed 7 days ago and still have not shipped. click here to print out label"

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We would like to place the "ship by date" on the order summary. Please add this feature!

We would like to place the "ship by date" on the order summary. Please add this feature!

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Synch with Quick Books

An outstanding request we have is to import based on the order fulfillment date rather than the date the order was placed. The order shows in Quick Books the day it was imported anyway so only importing orders with the order date specified in the Process Orders range creates challenges. For example if we allow pre-orders and an items is ordered but not filled for a couple of weeks, if we do not go back and process orders with a date range that reaches back to two weeks ago, the order will never by synchronized into Quick Books. So we…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shipments: Different Icons for Different Stages of Transit

In the Shipments area, it would be great if there different icons that changed for each stage of transit so we can view status at a glance, without having to click the tracking number.

Example: the current airplane could remain for general "in transit," there could be a truck icon when an shipment is "out for delivery," there could be an exclamation point if a shipment is delayed, etc.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a filter for not scanned shipment status

In the area showing in the picture, there are already filters corresponding to different tracking status. But there is one missing.

Add another icon with the question mark "?" to apply filter to list just the ones which are not scanned yet. Looking through the list by date, we can check to make sure we don't miss shipment for too long and post office scan all our drop offs.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Be able to see and select more than 500 orders at at given time

Why can we only see and/or select up to 500 orders or shipments at any given time?

We import bulk orders and sometimes have to process up to 5000 orders in one sitting. This means we have to process up to 10 BULK imports.

Why can't you just select to 'SEE ALL' orders or shipments?

41 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back search all history

Please bring back the 'search all time' option/link that displayed at the bottom of the standard 6 months of searching for historic orders.

The advanced search takes much longer to use having to pick date ranges etc - even having an option in that screen to just search for all time would be much quicker.

Thanks!

39 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base