Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change New Order Format

The new update on the order page has a large grey space under "Order Items" and above "Order Notes". This makes it more difficult to read notes at the bottom of the order.

In the shipment box, when adding package size, the second and third numbers clear to a "0", even when another number is initially entered.

ShipStation Connect was not allowing us to select a printer until we cleared our browser history.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Make the Preset Button better!

The dropdown list shouldn't have to be clicked a second time to disappear. 2nd click bad.The dropdown list on the package presets now needs to be clicked to open and then clicked to close. The close click is new and totally unnecessary. In the past, when a package type was chosen, the list disappeared automatically. Extra clicks get in the way of speed. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show Actual Text of Notes in Orders Sheet Instead of Tooltips

We need to look at the notes for almost every order, which means taking the time to 'hover' over 3 separate icons for every order. It would be much easier if the text of each note were part of its own separate column (from, to, internal) and each were its own column. This would save us dozens of hours of work a week.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In Quick Search, all 12 fields are searchable (name, address, sku, etc). When trying to look up orders older than 6 months, there is a more

Advanced Search functionality

In Quick Search, all 12 fields are searchable (name, address, sku, etc). When trying to look up orders older than 6 months, there is a more limited set of options, and user needs to know what field the information is in.

While I'm sure this streamlines the search feature and increases response on large order databases, unfortunately not all customers order the same way everytime. I will have orders from Company A, with company reps named x, y, and z. Some orders from them will have company A as the recipient, but most of them will have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please let me Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch

We use Batches to organize orders before processing. Many times we need to contact customers before processing. All the customers we want to contact have been organized in a Batch. The most efficient way we contact multiple customers is via a mail merge, which requires a .csv (or Excel) file containing the customer and order details. Without being able to Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch, I am left with no option but to contact each customer one at a time--a very lengthy and tedious process that ideally my company can avoid.

Who else would LOVE this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. multiple 3rd party users sharing access to the same orders.

I am a product vendor logged into my client's shipstation as a user. I will never be the Admin. My staff performs 2 tasks often simultaneously or in close proximity that causes one or the other to get kicked off the system. One "cleans" the orders - splitting / canceling / fixing shipping / Customs etc.. The other ships the orders. Though they both need to be on the system at the same time, they would never be working on the same orders. It would be super helpful as a 3rd party vendor on a client's shipstation - if I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to update single split order via the API

When an order is split, all of the related orders are given the same internal "orderKey". When updating any one of the orders using the API, the values given (even if they are the right ones ex. address) overwrite all of the orders. There may be some internal logic as to why they share the same key but if I want to target only one of the orders I am unable to do so through the API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Manual qty input with specific pick-list

You know how each order shows the qty of a product? Well, I would LOVE the ability to manually input the qty that we actually have or do not have and then print a pick-list based on what is needed on all selected orders. Make sense?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatic Order Created When a Returned Item Arrives

The branded returns portal is great in terms of generating a return. However one feature that I think would be useful is if the item needs to be returned due to a warranty or delivery issue. Let's say the item needs replacement - can the customer select Warranty or Replacement, and then an automatic re-order could generate within ShipStation based on the selection. It would hold the inventory for the replacement, and once we approve the warranty/replacement it could be shipped.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. logging of order manipulations

every time you split, or combine an order, I would lOVE to have that logged. (i.e. ... wed sept 12 4pm EST you split order 2178345 Fred Jones (customer name) into 2 orders(with new order numbers).... AND wed sept 12 4pm EST you combined order 2348355 Fred Jones with order 2358349 Fred Jones to make new order number xxxxxxxx. This would help tremendously catching any errors, such as when you mistakenly combine 2 orders from different customers by mistake, etc..

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give option to highlight "requested service mappings" for expedited orders

I would like to see the option to set certain requested service levels to be highlighted on the orders page. The main benefit to this would be so that we could easily see our expedited orders as highlighted in a certain color so that they are not overlooked very easily.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. order summary picture

Can we have the option to increase the size of the picture on the order summary.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Capture paypal transaction ID's from ebay orders

We have 4 ebay stores that we manage through Shipstation. At the end of the month, we do a Paypal reconciliation to make sure that we've fully accounted for every transaction hitting our Paypal bank.

I suggest Shipstation allow paypal transaction to come in as a datapoint on ebay orders. Other portals (Webgility, ChannelAdvisor, etc) all support pulling this datapoint.

This would add a lot of value to Shipstation, and it would make Shipstation much more viable for companies to use as a standalone product. Right now, my Shipstation trial is dependent on us going with Webgility, because shipstation can't…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MAKE RETURNS SEPARATE ORDERS!!!!

need to be able to view returns, be able to "receive them" etc. right now they are just kind of limbo associated with the order but exissting nowhere else

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. external provider

When running my end of day report to see what was shipped from Ship Station any order that show up External provider does not pull over into ANY report that I run. I even had your support team try. We can not calculate our total properly because of this. Please fix.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @mleon thanks for bringing this up! I took a look into your ticket with our folks here and see you’ve gone through most of the reports and haven’t found what you’re looking for.

What kind of total are you looking to calculate?

Please let us know here in the forums so we can have an open discussion with others looking for reports.

16. Insurance amount option in Automation rules

We would like to have this feature as this would save us a lot of time. If we can just set a order total criteria in Automation rules and based on that it changes the insurance amount. Right now we just have to do it one by one manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Batch print of multiple manually entered labels with different recipients, weights, sizes etc.

I manually enter and ship multiple packages each day, with different sizes, weights to various recipients. I want to create those labels throughout the day (or even more than one label at a sitting), complete with all information, and print them all at once.

Basically, I want to avoid the system auto-charging me for each one individually. 50 charges for $7.20 is frustrating to manage on the accounting side, to say the least. I

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. returns portal

I am very pumped about ShipStation handling returns as it makes sense but I have a couple tweaks that seem to be important and missing. One critical missing piece of information on your returns section is a Comment box for the customer. A lot of times a return cannot be handled with just pre-defined drop-down menus, let alone just one. Having a comment box allows the customer to select Defective and comment that they want a return or why it is defective.

Another feature request would be allowing us (admins) to edit the Reason drop down menu. There are a…

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add a "Remove from Batch" button on the "Awaiting Shipment" screen.

Currently, the "Remove from Batch" button only appears when you are viewing a current batch of orders. However, this feature would also be very useful on the "Awaiting Shipment" screen as well. Why is this an important feature that should be implemented? Because if you have a very large batch of orders and you are trying to locate a specific order to remove from the batch using the "Search Orders" field, there is no option to "Remove from Batch" when the order comes up in your search result. Turns out it was all for nothing because you still need to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please change the international icon to something nicer

I understand that a change was rolled out last Thursday, July 27th, that changed the icon for international orders from a globe of the earth to a black circle with a question mark inside it. This appears for users who do not have international address verification enabled. Since I do not want to enable this feature, I honestly can't stand looking at this new icon. It kind of makes you feel like there is a problem with the order and it's just plain ugly.

My suggestion would be to put the globe of the earth back the way it was,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base