Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. adding a current inventory column on the orders tab

would love to see an added column on the orders tab to show current inventory stock. also if you have a connected WMS app thats pushing your inventory to shipstation

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. manual orders

I have imported products from linked Ecommerce platform and the price data was included in the import. Despite that, when I create a manual order and select the products, it doesn't automatically list the prices for those products. I have to then double-check with the order on the ecommerce platform and manually enter pricing. It would be nice if the prices were just automatically entered.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to have the SKU to the "shipment recent" columnI

I would be very helpful if the "Items SKU" could be added to the "Shipments Recent columns.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use PayPal to pay for USPS shipping vs Credit Card.

I have funds sitting in PayPal from client purchases. I'd like to be able to use those to pay for the shipping labels vs paying with my credit card and needing to reconcile the two against one another later. It avoids the additional step.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show OrderID (ShipStations unique identifier for every order)

We have multiple ebay channels connected to Shipstation, so we get duplicate order numbers as Shipstation is currently using eBay sales record number as order id.
    Can we get the shipstation id to show up on record because our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id to fulfill the orders

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Matmul, thank you for bringing this up. Can you give us some more information on what you mean by “our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id”? For example, is your warehouse using the API for a custom app you’ve built? And how does this relate to what you’re looking at in ShipStation?

Hopefully we can work on a something that’ll help you get the ball rolling so let us know here in the product feedback forum.

7. Add Address 1 and Address 2 as Visible Columns on Order Management Tab

We would like Address 1 and Address 2 Fields to be options as visible columns in the Orders Management tab. Certain addresses require additional action based on the address (such as signature confirmation) so it would be helpful to be able to view Address 1 and Address 2 fields without having to add the Sidebar and toggle up and down

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. secure accounts

Implementing a more secure login function for account holders, preferrably two factor authentication or something as simple as implementing mandatory password resets after a certain amount of days. The amount of people who are unaware of security best practices, could (and have fallen victim at my workplace) to compromising email accounts and sent out phishing emails to where account information could be compromised to important and confidential company documents.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dimensions

We would like an option to have Dimensions in the orders/shipment tab.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export shipping records/costs to Quickbooks online and desktop to properly track Accounts Payable and what is owed to carriers

I would like Shipstation to export shipping records/costs to Quickbooks online and desktop to properly track Accounts Payable and what is owed to carriers. When an order is shipped and a tracking number is created, it would be helpful is this can be exported to Quickbooks for the purpose of creating a bill under the appropriate carrier (FedEx, UPS, etc.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Combine Shipment / Don't Combine Orders

Customers with multiple orders from our various sales channels often request a single shipment.

Currently combining orders means that one order number remains and the other orders are "lost." This results in the "lost" orders being unsearchable in Shipstation.

It would better to combine the shipment instead of the orders.

This is what the customer is expecting to happen and it is a more intuitive handling of order data for users.

30 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto split items into separate shipments based on Products

We receive a ton of orders whose quantities are greater than one in which we need to create more than one label. In order to do so we "add packages" to the order and currently your reporting only provides the master tracking number associated with that order. It would be great if upon importing any multiple piece orders, that the order would split into different separate orders. So for example, I imported order # SN101 which had a quantity of 5 then shipstation would create 5 separate orders numbered SN101-A, SN101-B, SN101-C, SN101-D, and SN101-E. That way not only is…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automation - Ability to Change State and Country (for USPS to Territories)

For USPS to ship to a US territory, the state must be the territory abbreviation and the country must be "United States". However, orders are often imported from the marketplaces with the territory written out in the state field and/or the country set to the territory. These must be manually changed for USPS shipments or an error occurs during label creation. This is a near daily issue for Puerto Rico.

Having the ability to create automation rules with actions to change state and country would be very useful, and there would probably be other areas that this could be useful…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for automation rules to work on multiple item orders

Need the ability for the automation rules to see multiple item orders. So you can create logic that IF it includes this SKU and also this SKU it will process these rules. This should be able to be done for as many items in the order.

The current automation rules do not work well if you have multiple skus that get sold together in a shopping cart.

147 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Selected Service as Order Filter Criteria

This is something that is possible to do in the "Shipments" tab when where it would REALLY be useful is in the "Orders" tab but there is no equivalent. To be able to set the selected service (not the requested service or any of the service mapping options, but just the service that is selected in SS currently for the order, as shown in the "Service" column in the order tab). I know it's possible to sort orders by service using the filter column, but what I really want to do is have a filter showing all of the orders…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Filter by Store in Shipments Tab

Please add a filter by store in the Shipments Tab. You have it in the Orders tab but not Shipments and it would make pulling tracking numbers so much easier for those of us with multiple stores.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Detailed Multi-package Shipment Reporting

Having the metrics for each box in a shipment populate for multi-package shipments. Each packages price, dimensions, weight.

As of now, when exporting a report to break down how much is spent per package, what size packages were shipped, how much weight is in each one, I reach an impasse. When the order has multiple packages, It only gives me the dimensions for one, and the weight for all.

When attempting to ***** box use trends to identify box waste or overuse, the reporting excludes almost a third of our packages shipped because of this. This makes looking into our…

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Woocommerce Composite Products

When importing orders from Woocommerce, ShipStation does not break out composite products. Composite Products are similar to Product Bundles, but with more functionality inside Woocommerce.

I am requesting the feature to break Composite Products into each individual item, so that pick lists and packing lists will show the actual products in the order.

Currently, I cannot use ShipStation's pick list or packing list functionality as it shows the Composite Product as 1 product, instead of each of the selected items that are actually to be shipped.

Woocommerce does properly understand each individual product that was ordered, and manages inventory properly.…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Edit Feature on Orders

Allow users to edit incoming orders, especially quantity and SKU id. Also allow for automation changes of SKU IDs and quantity. This would allow every Amazon seller to create variant listings, but still have it shipped by FBA without requiring kitting.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automated email with shipping label when order is placed

I am the admin for my company, our problem is that I am in Miami, FL and our shipping warehouse is in California (dif. time zones). It will be awesome if Shipstation could create an email at certain times of the day with shipping labels of orders received and be sent automatically to our warehouse for processing and shipping without manually having to do so. Thank you!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There are some upcoming features that may help make this possible, but we’d like to know a little bit more about this scenario and what you are trying to accomplish exactly.

Would providing your CA warehouse workers with a login to ShipStation help resolve this for you? If not, why not?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base