Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to update custom field on shipped orders using API

I need the ability to edit the custom fields via the API after the order has a shipped status.

This feature would help so us so that i can insert the customer group. We run reports on this info and have misinformation because some orders get marked as shipped and the automated API function cant update the custom field on the order

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. End of day - Restircted users can see shipments created by other users

Hi,

Users with restricted rights that should only be able to see shipments created by them, are able to see shipments created by other users in the End Of Day forms. Furthermore they are able to print End of Day form for shipments they did not create. End of day form has shipments details from all orders and not just theirs. This is a security concern and defeats the whole purpose of having the option of having a user not see other users shipments

This seems to be a bug. Kindly fix.
    Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Customize Manual Order Page

Would be awesome if we could customize the manual order page with specific "Notes" fields such as "Custom Field 1".

Reason being, when we create a shipment, there is that option to just choose "Save and Ship" or "Save Order". We almost always just use the "Save and Ship" to save a lot of time but now one of our customer's wants us to provide their PO on their bills and the only way for us to do that is for me to map the "Custom Field 1" to the "Custom Field 2" on the labels.

Ofcourse, since the "Custom…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Logo on "Ship From" addresses.

We do drop shipping for some clients using our address. It would be much simpler for us if we could add their logo to the "Ship From Address" rather than having to create a whole new store for them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make vague errors less vague to help support and users

Problem: Errors like "The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid " are vague and result in more interactions and higher chat time due to the many variables that this error stems from.

User Goal: Be able to understand errors, what to do to fix them, and not have to contact support.

How often does the user encounter this?: Users come in with other vague errors asking to see what they mean and how they can fix it. It requires a lot of digging on the agent end and results in higher chat time.

ZD link: …

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adding additional fields to the new order entry page

Add additional fields to the new order entry page. Right now you can only add address and contact info and the most basic order details. It would save a lot of time if an additional dropdown menu was added so we could select fields like "custom field", tags, warehouses, etc. basically all the other fields you can flesh out AFTER you enter the order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Warehouse Location Shopify

Please work with Shopify to add a Warehouse Location feature with them to make picking orders easy! Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Update order numbers OR specify order numbers on import

I would like to be able to bulk update order numbers after importing them. Or, easier still, I would like to specify what order numbers an order will get upon import (the way I can with a CSV) when I'm pushing from an integrated service.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. fba tracking shopify orders

We have our Shopify orders fulfilled directly through FBA. ShipStation will pull these order in, regardless, and mark them as fulfilled. This is great because ShipStation becomes a repository of all of our orders regardless of how they are fulfilled. However, the tracking numbers from these Shopify-FBA orders do not come in. In addition, when the order details are pulled up on these orders, no "Shipments" show up in the Shipments box to show any previous shipments. Also, it appears that one can ship the order without any pop up warnings that it was already fullilled (even though the status…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reloading order problem

Currently if a customer provided an incorrect address and the order had been retrieved in ShipStation then correct it in CS CART and reloading orders does not reload the correct information. You are required to manually edit the address in ShipStation. To me this is simply a bug that needs to be fixed.

I was told that it was a limitation of the API. But XPS Shipper does reload the updated order without any problem. So it can be done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Top Shipping Providers Running Balance (Dials on Dashboard)

Include a small widget at the top of the Orders page (next to the Customers link / calculator link) to show one or more shipping account running balances. For instance, Express1 is very weak on refund transparency (no accessible transaction log), when voiding a shipment, it makes life easier if we can see the balance increase "live" at the top of the page instead of going to Shipping accounts, reading the balance, voiding, then checking that refund was issued; i.e. balance increased by credit amount. We need to do this as a matter of audit. But if there is a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Leave "store" field blank but required when creating a new order.

When creating a new order the "store" field defaults to whichever store comes first alphabetically. We use this function to separate shipments by different departments within our business. By doing this we can track shipments by department very efficiently. If the "store" field were to be left blank by default (but still required) it would ensure the shipper is paying attention and selecting the proper store before creating the order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ADD A STATUS COLUMN TO SHIPMENTS PAGE OR UPDATE SYMBOLS

ADD STATUS TO SHIPMENTS PAGE - the three status symbols on the Tracking number field do not provide enough information. A separate STATUS column is needed that will show what the latest information is it can be easily seen if there is an issue with a package. Specifically a package can have an in process symbol when in fact it is only tracking number assigned and received by shipper but it was never actually picked up. Or maybe a simpler way would be to add a symbol showing that or assign that status to the ? symbol and only use…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mark as shipped only after it's scanned into the system

Mark as shipped only after it's scanned into the system. Need an intermediate status of "Label Printed". We get hundreds of orders each day and have the labels printed immediately. It is not easy to figure out which ones have actually been shipped and which ones just have the label printed.

31 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

15. Add character count operator to filters

As noted in your FAQ, some shipping providers have a 30 charater limit. With address verification enabled, sometimes ship line 1 and 2 will get merged causing the address length > 30 characters. There's no clear or efficient way to tell which orders have too long of shipping addresses.

Maybe add character length as a filter operator or and additional address warning flag?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tag orders by hot key

I'd like the ability to assign order tags by hot key, the same way we can currently set shipping presets. better yet, assign both a preset and a tag with the same hot key

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Todoist

Todoist Intergration for product processing and fulfillment after labels are created. If the items could be exported into a checklist within Todoist so that multiple people would be able to fulfill the orders and update in realtime while reducing the chance an order got lost in translation. Also helps me log and delagate at a deeper lever than shipstation is capable of. My products have multiple layers of customization and I need a more refined method to process them after creating a batch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Shipment API Sort By orderId

Please add orderId to the sortBy field for the /shipments API endpoint. Currently it only has create and ship dates.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enhance the Package Preset Feature

I'll try to be positive about this, but it will be difficult. Over 6 months ago, we got the ability to have Package Presets for Multi Package Shipments, which was great, except it seems pretty half baked, and not very powerful at all.

We need the ability to EDIT these presets, instead of deleting them and rebuilding them. We just had the dimension of a product change on us, and we now have to delete SEVERAL existing presets, and rebuild them all, just to update the single product who's dimensions have changed.

Please fix this half baked feature....

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. returns

Hi, Since the new Returns update, I am having trouble printing return labels. How about adding a "Print label now" function that works like it used to? Currently the only options we are seeing is "email customer" and download pdf. When we download, we have to figure out where it was saved, then when we try to print it, the printer settings are all messed up. Old method was click print. Done. How about adding 3rd option "Print Now" that uses the regular shipping label default printer settings?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base