Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Combined Orders

Provide more details about orders that are combined in the API. When an order has combined the data that you provide in the API is minimal. You provide no data if the order is combined at the marketplace.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thank you for the update! We’d like this one to gain more traction before moving forward on adding more data to the API when combining orders.

If you’re interested in supporting this idea, please add what information you’re looking for and any other information that helps outline the main challenges here today!

2. external provider

When running my end of day report to see what was shipped from Ship Station any order that show up External provider does not pull over into ANY report that I run. I even had your support team try. We can not calculate our total properly because of this. Please fix.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @mleon thanks for bringing this up! I took a look into your ticket with our folks here and see you’ve gone through most of the reports and haven’t found what you’re looking for.

What kind of total are you looking to calculate?

Please let us know here in the forums so we can have an open discussion with others looking for reports.

3. Branded Returns Portal problem - 'order not shipped' preventing returns

My customers are seeing 'order not shipped' when they try to return an item through the branded returns portal. Apparently the Branded Returns Portal looks for either a Shipment record or a Fulfillment record in ShipStation in order to determine that a return can be processed using the branded returns page. Since I have Shopify directly connected to FBA (not through ShipStation), ShipStation does not create this record. So I am having to go in and manually mark orders as shipped in order for the branded return portal to work. Not fun... Please consider changing the branded returns portal so…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Insurance amount option in Automation rules

We would like to have this feature as this would save us a lot of time. If we can just set a order total criteria in Automation rules and based on that it changes the insurance amount. Right now we just have to do it one by one manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Batch print of multiple manually entered labels with different recipients, weights, sizes etc.

I manually enter and ship multiple packages each day, with different sizes, weights to various recipients. I want to create those labels throughout the day (or even more than one label at a sitting), complete with all information, and print them all at once.

Basically, I want to avoid the system auto-charging me for each one individually. 50 charges for $7.20 is frustrating to manage on the accounting side, to say the least. I

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. seller fulfilled prime tracking

Currently orders shipped using Amazon Shipping to purchase the shipping do not update tracking status in the shipments tab - they just show the "?" delivery status unknown icon even once they are delivered.

It would be great if the tracking icon and status updated in the display just like when we purchase shipping through the carriers direct.

Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Updating orders in real time

The fact that this is not already a feature within ShipStation is astonishing. We had been using a more "limited" shipping platform before switching over to Shipstation, and this was a feature that was not only available but used on a daily basis. Seems fairly limited to not be able to update orders in real time and definitely would increase work flow with customer service issues.

Lets say the customer purchased a green tee and really wanted to purchase a blue tee and they contact customer service to have the order updated as they are the same price. We should…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display the Master SKU for alias SKUs

I would like the Master SKU to be displayed by default on the orders page for all of the alias SKUs connected to that SKU.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automate Emails for OOS and Buyer Notes

Automate emails on existing orders for when customer leaves a comment or an item is out of stock.

By entering custom field 'oos' or after leaving a 'note to buyer' create an Automation Rule that will allow you to send the populated 'buyer note to customer' or a generic email with an item list letting you know the item has not be sent and you will expect a refund.

This way all notes and comments can be kept in shipstation and notification. It will stop spreading our work team across separate apps and use shipstation as our sort of 'all…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. returns portal

I am very pumped about ShipStation handling returns as it makes sense but I have a couple tweaks that seem to be important and missing. One critical missing piece of information on your returns section is a Comment box for the customer. A lot of times a return cannot be handled with just pre-defined drop-down menus, let alone just one. Having a comment box allows the customer to select Defective and comment that they want a return or why it is defective.

Another feature request would be allowing us (admins) to edit the Reason drop down menu. There are a…

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add a "Remove from Batch" button on the "Awaiting Shipment" screen.

Currently, the "Remove from Batch" button only appears when you are viewing a current batch of orders. However, this feature would also be very useful on the "Awaiting Shipment" screen as well. Why is this an important feature that should be implemented? Because if you have a very large batch of orders and you are trying to locate a specific order to remove from the batch using the "Search Orders" field, there is no option to "Remove from Batch" when the order comes up in your search result. Turns out it was all for nothing because you still need to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please change the international icon to something nicer

I understand that a change was rolled out last Thursday, July 27th, that changed the icon for international orders from a globe of the earth to a black circle with a question mark inside it. This appears for users who do not have international address verification enabled. Since I do not want to enable this feature, I honestly can't stand looking at this new icon. It kind of makes you feel like there is a problem with the order and it's just plain ugly.

My suggestion would be to put the globe of the earth back the way it was,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add customer notifications for shipments outside of sales orders

I frequently ship randomly outside of actual sales orders. This is great that I can do this, but unfortunately there's no option to notify customers when you ship this way. I have to copy and paste the tracking info into an email...

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display the actual tag name in the tag column, not just color

If you add the Tag column all you see is the color bubble. I'm trying to use tags to classify my orders properly but when I have the orders page open I can't see how that order is classified by just the color.

I'm slightly color blind but that's not the point here, if you're using tags to classify products somehow, then the actual tag name should be displayed in the tag column.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Organize Items on an order

We would like to have the ability to rearrange, drag and drop, or select and tab up or down, etc. Items on an order to arrange it in a specific order. Our process flow is that we pick orders the way the product is laid out in the warehouse. a particular style is set left to right from smallest to largest. Our customer read orders the same way. Everyone is taught at a very young age that we organize from smallest to largest. left to right. Well, except for countries that read from right to left. Therefore we would like…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automation Rule to print to designated printer based on a field value

It would be very useful o have Automation Rule to print to designated printer based on a field value, becuase I use different printers for USPS , Fedex and UPS

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. LImiting Inventory Permissions by Store

We have more than one customer's inventory in the system. I would like to give one of my customers a log in so that they can enter manual orders and see their inventory. There is not currently a way for them to only see THEIR inventory, all of the inventory for both customers always shows up. I would like to be able to limit them to only see the inventory in the store that they have access to. Can we make that happen please?

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Order Accuracy verification by weight

We use shipstation to pick, pack and ship orders. We use a USB scale to weigh and generate shipping labels. Shipstation knows the products and quantities being picked.
    Using this information Shipstation could use some basic math to derive weights of each item across many orders. Then in the future, Shipstation could automatically estimate shipping weights and compare it to actual. If there is a significant difference, Shipstation could alert the user that there may be an error in product quantities. This process would help reduce shipment errors.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reoccurring Orders

We have customers asking for reoccuring orders but this feature is not yet available in ShipStation. Any idea when this functionality will be live? This takes out a lot of manual & monthly steps for our team.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. View Ship to address in order view

We ship multiple orders to the same location. It would be nice if we could see the ship to address in the main order screen so we can sort / filter by it and easily select all the orders going to the same location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base