Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Retain records from inactive stores

I have switched from WooCommerce to Magento, but would like my customers' order history from WooCommerce to remain in ShipStation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. FTP connection to order management system

Currently, my order management system does not integrate with ShipStation. I would like the option to have an open FTP site

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @John, thank you for taking the time to bring it up! While we wait for more users to chime in, there are a few ways you can integrate other systems into ShipStation such as API, XML/custom store, and the ODBC connector (Enterprise plan only).

To determine whether you should use the API or create a custom store, read here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205928478

You can read more about our ODBC connector here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/226123307

3. Customer Search Efficiency

In addressing customer support emails, I frequently use the "Customers" tab to search for order histories. This always gets the job done, but with one minor grievance. When opening that page, all the customers I have ever had are immediately loaded, and I have to wait for that to load before conducting my search. (If I try to search before all customers are loaded, the page essentially refreshes and removes the search term I enter)

This wasn't an issue when I had only a few hundred customer records. Now that I have thousands, this initial load can take quite a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @soysaucesam! Thanks for bringing this up! I understand searching for customers is becoming a growing pain as you gain more. What do you think about limiting the number of rows that show up on your Customers page? You can change the number of rows at the bottom of the page to view only 100 rows at a time to reduce load times.

4. Sub-Total & Total not properly populated on a manual CSV import

When doing manual CSV import, we've been told by TechSupport that the Order Total is actually a sum of the cost of all the products in the order.

Its not reflective of the Order Total value that might appear in the CSV file when NO products are being imported.
    It would be nice to have that also available in ShipStation.
    If Sub-Total/Total is available (ie not zero) it should be taken as such.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Expanding Customer Records to Include Historical Notes

Having notes in regards to credit, purchasing behavior, etc that would automatically show up when an order is created for that customer. Just like how an address is auto-filled, so would these notes. These notes would stick to the specific client.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. when I set up my orders to print ,I will often use the group by button on teh top right of the screen and sort by sku. The first sku that is

when I set up my orders to print ,I will often use the group by button on teh top right of the screen and sort by sku.
    The first sku that is listed is multiples.
    These are orders that have more than one item per order. They print in a random order.
    Is there a way to set up the multiple orders so that it prints in order of sku of the first ordered item?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to choose when orders move from the Hold file to the active order file

We have an early bird that processes our orders, but any orders in the hold file don't transfer over to the main order page to be processed until 5 AM. I know it's not a huge ordeal, but when you have lots of orders on hold for specific ship dates around the holidays it can be tedious when this is supposed to make things easier and smoother.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Multiple Sku Orders

It would be extremely beneficial to show the multiple sku's rather than just say "multiple items". There is no simple way to process orders that have all the same items but contain more than one kind of sku. There could at the very least be a way to group alike multiple sku orders together.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. UPS rates on included Return Label

When you have a shipment that you include a UPS return label with it only shows the calculated rate for the shipment to the customer and does not tell you the calculated rate for the return shipment. It would be nice to somehow find out what that rate is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Need no quota count/free in store pickup "ship" option for my sales that customers pick up from me

I have customers who order online and select free in store pickup (or local delivery via me in my car) which isn't shipped by any carrier, however these orders are stacking up in my ShipStation program as unprocessed orders. Currently the only way to clear them is to either delete the order (thereby creating mismatching records between ShipStation and my commerce software records) or mark them as shipped other and get dinged on my monthly quota. Neither of which is accurate for record keeping purposes, and certainly not fair in so far as ShipStations role as my shipping manager (these…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. dropship

We have some orders ship from other vendors, so they are dropshipped from them not from here. All orders placed are imported to shipstation so the ones that ship from elsewhere are left in "Awaiting Shipment Limbo" forever, unless we marked them as "Shipped" but that counts against number of shipments, even though we did not process a shipment.

Could you make a status as "Dropshipped" or something similar? That allows you to take it off the screen as though we have orders waiting to be shipped that have already been processed.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

12. Permanent Customer Tags!!

Permanent Customer Tags!!

It would be very beneficial to have the ability to tag an order within the "orders" tab for a customer and have the option to save that tag to the customer’s record going forward.

For example:
    John Doe ordered from you in the beginning of the year. John then placed another order 3 months later. So you tag John in the orders tab as something like…. Returning Customer, Free Gift, or what every you want. Well low and behold the only way the tag will stick to every upcoming order is that you would have to search…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. criteria to measure girth, so we can avoid overcharges from FedEx

Would like to avoid paying oversize surcharges from FedEx - I feel your software could accommodate this if you added more criteria in the automation rules. I see there are 47 different criteria ranging from # of Items to Warehouse Location. Why not add 1 more?

I think you should allow us to pick Girth.

A FedEx Account Executive emailed this me today. "If any one side is greater than 48", it will be assessed an additional handling surcharge of $11. An oversize surcharge of $72.50 would be applied if length plus girth exceeds 130"."

$72.50 for an oversized package!?

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add 'Customs Declaration Quantity' to Bulk Update Feature

Right now you can bulk update customs declarations line items, which is great, but there is no way to update the quantity of the items. I use UPS Mail Innovations to ship international orders, and all customs declarations have to fit on one line. I am able to achieve this with the 'Default Customs Declarations' setting, but it does not resolve the orders that have more than one item.

Solution is simple. Just add the quantity for customs declarations to the bulk update feature that is available.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change New Order Format

The new update on the order page has a large grey space under "Order Items" and above "Order Notes". This makes it more difficult to read notes at the bottom of the order.

In the shipment box, when adding package size, the second and third numbers clear to a "0", even when another number is initially entered.

ShipStation Connect was not allowing us to select a printer until we cleared our browser history.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the Preset Button better!

The dropdown list shouldn't have to be clicked a second time to disappear. 2nd click bad.The dropdown list on the package presets now needs to be clicked to open and then clicked to close. The close click is new and totally unnecessary. In the past, when a package type was chosen, the list disappeared automatically. Extra clicks get in the way of speed. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show Actual Text of Notes in Orders Sheet Instead of Tooltips

We need to look at the notes for almost every order, which means taking the time to 'hover' over 3 separate icons for every order. It would be much easier if the text of each note were part of its own separate column (from, to, internal) and each were its own column. This would save us dozens of hours of work a week.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In Quick Search, all 12 fields are searchable (name, address, sku, etc). When trying to look up orders older than 6 months, there is a more

Advanced Search functionality

In Quick Search, all 12 fields are searchable (name, address, sku, etc). When trying to look up orders older than 6 months, there is a more limited set of options, and user needs to know what field the information is in.

While I'm sure this streamlines the search feature and increases response on large order databases, unfortunately not all customers order the same way everytime. I will have orders from Company A, with company reps named x, y, and z. Some orders from them will have company A as the recipient, but most of them will have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please let me Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch

We use Batches to organize orders before processing. Many times we need to contact customers before processing. All the customers we want to contact have been organized in a Batch. The most efficient way we contact multiple customers is via a mail merge, which requires a .csv (or Excel) file containing the customer and order details. Without being able to Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch, I am left with no option but to contact each customer one at a time--a very lengthy and tedious process that ideally my company can avoid.

Who else would LOVE this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. multiple 3rd party users sharing access to the same orders.

I am a product vendor logged into my client's shipstation as a user. I will never be the Admin. My staff performs 2 tasks often simultaneously or in close proximity that causes one or the other to get kicked off the system. One "cleans" the orders - splitting / canceling / fixing shipping / Customs etc.. The other ships the orders. Though they both need to be on the system at the same time, they would never be working on the same orders. It would be super helpful as a 3rd party vendor on a client's shipstation - if I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base