Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Transit times back to the Order Summary Screen

I know there's Delivery Times/estimates given from the order summary view, but no longer the shipping confirmation window you'd see after filling out the shipping info section then clicking Create Label.

We utilize barcode scanners and the "Ship the Order(s)" option here at work to quickly process these orders. However, we need to insure that the shipping methods we're selecting are appropriate for the advertised transit times the customer is choosing. We're no longer able to see these times from that window after the update. If possible, adding the Requested Shipping Method as well would be helpful.

This window is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add Transit times back to the Order Summary Screen

I know there's Delivery Times/estimates given from the order summary view, but no longer the shipping confirmation window you'd see after filling out the shipping info section then clicking Create Label.

We utilize barcode scanners and the "Ship the Order(s)" option here at work to quickly process these orders. However, we need to insure that the shipping methods we're selecting are appropriate for the advertised transit times the customer is choosing. We're no longer able to see these times from that window after the update. If possible, adding the Requested Shipping Method as well would be helpful.

This window is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @NateE, thank you for bringing this up! I see your account has a newer version of the cost summary window (there should be a green bar across the bottom of the window). When I looked into my account with the previous version, “Delivery Time” or estimated delivery time only appears in the order details window and the rate calculator.

Can you describe to me more about where in your workflow the delivery time should be appearing?

Something else that may help you is an early access feature called Scan to Print. This will help you create your labels quickly using barcode scanners like you are today but with more information. Here’s what it looks like and how you can have it turned on for your account: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014262288

3. Assign Order Within Order Screen

It would be great to be able to assign an order to someone from within the order itself, not just at the summary list screen with the checkbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Alert Pop-Ups / Inbox after Order is Assigned

It would be great if, once you assign an order to someone, they could get a pop-up or a notification of some sort or Inbox to know that they have an order assigned to them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Order status change alert

It would be great to add an order status alert functionality. For instance, if an order moves from "Awaiting Payment" to "Awaiting Shipment" then I would like to get an email or SMS notification that this has happened. Most of the time this status change happens automatically, when an order in WooCommerce changes status and the store gets synced with ShipStation. So I'd like to know when that happens. Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

7. Allow users to create a filter displaying orders that are late + orders that should "Ship By" today

Right now we have a saved filter called "LATE ORDERS" that displays orders that have a date in the Ship By date field that are "1 days ago or more."

While this is useful, it would be even more useful if we had the ability to put a 0 in this field instead of a 1. This would allow our employees to toggle this filter first thing in the morning so they could quickly see both the orders that are already late + the orders they should get out on that day. Essentially, this is the filter that would show…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We regularly combine shipping and refund our buyers if they made several separate transactions and didn't receive the combined shipping disc

We regularly combine shipping and refund our buyers if they made several separate transactions and didn't receive the combined shipping discount automatically.

As of now, we are just manually tracking our combines as we make them in Ship Station by writing them down at the end of each day. Then our office manager get's the list and manually refunds these customers. There is so much room for human error in this system that we are constantly missing refunds and customers are getting upset.

Is there any way to generate a daily report of the orders that we have combined? That…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Thanks for your great idea!

While there isn’t currently a way to do this, I hope you’ll find this suggestion useful.

Anytime an order is combined for your needs, you can tag an order (that you will create and name), and at the end of your day you can filter for said tagged orders and view this way! While this still leaves a small window for human error, it will be easier to pull all combined orders in a single view.

After you have all orders filtered this way, you can also do a custom export to stand in as the “Report” you desire.

For now, we will keep this idea open for others to comment and leave their feedback on. If you have any issues with the suggestion provided, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team!

9. Retrieve Order ID from Amazon FBA to cross reference orders

There's another idea here to put the shipstation order ID into Amazon for cross referencing, but that might be difficult
    (http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/3794720-port-out-ord-number-into-fba-amazon-instead-of-the).

It might be easier for you guys to get Amazon's order ID and display it somewhere in shipstation. That would solve the cross-reference problem.

Their API docs are a mess so I couldn't prove that they return the Order ID when you POST the order data to them, but every proper API should return some kind of id.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. tracking packages that aren't moving

We are currently using Aftership to monitor and track package movements, specifically, packages where labels have been created but haven't been handed off to mail carriers. This is vital to us because our business model requires that we provide shipping labels in advance of physically slapping them on a package. At times, our dropshipper neglects to apply the shipping label, i.e., mail carriers never receive the package.

As it pertains to ShipStation, I looked around and I couldn't find that exact functionality. I was able to complete this task only by clicking into each individual tracking # hyperlink to see…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Flexible FBA Quantities

We are offering different bundle deals to our customers such as 2 pack or 4 pack deals. But our actual inventory is being placed as a single unit in FBA. This way we can keep ourselves more flexible and offer more customized deals.

Although we can download SKUs of bundle deals and define fulfillment SKU in Shipstaion App. But we are also looking for an option to adjust quantities e.g. a pack of 2 deals SKU would be required to ship 2 units instead of one.

We would really appreciate if Ship station can add this feature. This will give…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ability to assign users to particular warehouse

I would like to be able to assign multiple users to a specific warehouse and for those users to only be able to see orders assigned to their warehouse.

This would help with order management as multiple people could process orders and not be tied to one user account (useful for when people are on holiday), increases security as you wouldn't need to give some one your password when away and would limit sensitive data about how many orders are being fulfilled at each warehouse.

It also allows for more granular audit trails for errors and activity as multiple people…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Swap the Customs Declarations section with the Order Notes section

Right now when you click on an order, the customs declarations appear above the order notes. Our team uses the order notes to communicate, and notes are frequently missed on international orders. This is because they appear below the customs declarations, and take some scrolling to get to. The customs section is pretty static and multiple members of the team don't need to see it. I'd vote that the order notes section is way more important to keep front and center!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Filter with untag orders

Filter all the untag awaiting shipment orders will save us time because we process untag orders first. Without this option, we will to first select all orders and unselect all tag orders in order to get untag orders, which is not efficient.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @toyngadget thanks for bringing this up! While you can’t create a filter for untagged orders you can sort your grid by the tag column. This will sort all of your orders by untagged. You can do this by simply clicking on the word “tag” in the orders grid.

Please let us know in the product feedback forum if this helps.

15. Order Line Item Level - Custom Information / Comment

For each order line item, could you please add a field for extra information or comment?

We do have custom product requirement on demand, and we cannot currently send it over from Order Management system to Shipstation.

This involves below -
    1. Creating a 'comment' or 'extra info' field in Order Line level
    2. Need API to have this field for Posting Order
    3. This field needs to be displayed in Packing Slip / Invoice.

Thanks,

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @HoonCAN, thanks for bringing this up! Have you considered using the custom fields? These are typically used for meta information you need even though they are applicable at an order-level and not like the line item-level you mentioned. You can also access this information through our API.

16. Integrate Magento RMA's with ShipStation

When it comes to RMAs within Magento, that information does not get sent into Shipstation on order import. When a Magento order is marked as Shipped in Shipstation, it does not accept any further status updates from Magento.

I would like further status updates from Magento to use the RMA functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need "Awaiting Shipment" Folders

I would like a way to create multiple folders for orders awaiting shipment. For instance, we sell personalized and non personalized items and it would be nice if we could move one of them to a separate awaiting shipment folder to save our shipping team time. I do not want to use the "on hold" folder as that is for something else. Would like to simply have two or three "folders" for awaiting shipment that we could use to sort certain items and ship out of those folders. The tags aren't quite cutting it. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom icon for Manual Stores

We have multiple manual stores and it would be nice to be able to differentiate them visually by changing the small green ShipStation gear icon to something else either by uploading a custom icon or otherwise.

Even if you could just change the gear color for each manual store this would help.

If managing a bunch of custom logos is too much, you could just use a font file for the gear and then simply color it with RGB codes.

Thanks.

Best,

Matt

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A single User needs to be able to make more than 5 batches

Users should be able to create more than 5 batches. A single user can easily handle more than 5. We have one label printer who is responsible for up to 8 batches at a time, he has to use to user login accounts in order to have more than 5 batches going. Using two separate logins merely to create more than 5 batches was the work around suggested by support. There's gotta be a better way.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. hotkey for "save as shipping default for this product"

I'm looking for a hotkey that checks the "save as shipping default for this product" box...or an ability to have that box be always checked automatically.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base